Does an external cooling fan void the warranty?

Discus and support Does an external cooling fan void the warranty? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; There's a lot of speculation that an external cooling fan voids the Xbox warranty but yet the fan is external and changes nothing about the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Corey B1, May 21, 2023.

1. Corey B1
    Corey B1 Guest

There's a lot of speculation that an external cooling fan voids the Xbox warranty but yet the fan is external and changes nothing about the Xbox itself. Someone please explain. Also instead of telling me not to use one, answer the question that was asked. I've seen a similar question asked and all the answers failed to actually answer the question about whether or not an External cooling fan voids the warranty.

:)

Corey B1, May 21, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

external fans do nothing, they actually hinder the cooling performance and provide zero benefit.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

They absolutely can void the warranty

For example using the infamous intercooler on 360would void your warranty because it's a fire hazard. It would often leave scorch marks.

The system is designed from the ground up to operate perfectly by itself. External fans do not help cooling, and actually can hinder it by changing the airflow and static pressure in the case

There is never any reason to use them
  4. Jonny306 Win User

Hello Corey

My name is Jonny and I will be assisting you today!

First, thank you so much for contacting us regarding your inquiry/ concern.

Short answer, no.

However, if you need to open up the console's shell and access the insides, it would void the warranty. Any attachments that simply plug into the ports on the Xbox will not.
  5. Photonimus Win User

Custom cooling project (non warranty voiding)

FYI, doing this could possibly void a warranty, as the warranty states it can be voided if you operate the system outside recommended paramaters, and using any external cooling method is specifically declared operating outside the paramaters. Even using
    the intercoolers you can buy in stores can void warranty.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Is 95 degreees F (35c) to hot for a series S

Do not use any external or otherwise third party coolers on your console

The airflow is specifically designed to use the included fan, which is adequate for the system's needs. At best you're doing nothing, at worse you're sabotaging the built in cooling

These coolers can also void your warranty

If it's that hot, you should invest in an air conditioner rather than console cooling
Thema:

1. Does an external cooling fan void the warranty? - Similar Threads - Does external cooling

2. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  3. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  4. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  5. Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox delete games off it, I am not short on storage nor am I using a external...: I am sick of going to play my games and some of them have been deleted, I don't have unlimited internet like most people do so every time one of my games get deleted I have to wait to be able to...
  6. Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Seagate external hard drive its full but its empty: I have a seagate hard drive and I've been trying to get ot to work but I can't it says 100% full but also thats theirs nothing at all on it even when i check it on my computer its says that theirs...
  7. My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app does not detect my external hard drive in the console: Yesterday I bought an external hard drive for my console since I ran out of space in the internal storage. The problem starts when I want to download physical games (that is I have the disc) that...
  8. Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my friend have to copy a game from his external to his internal hard drive?: my friend has 600gb on his external hard drive but it wont let him play the games he has on it unless he copys them to his internal hard please help i really want to help him fix this i looked up...
  9. My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X does not recognize my Samsung T3 external SSD (1TB) for storing games, only for...: Hello. I've been trying to find info about this. There is only one old question with no answers and the thread is archived. I tried everything (I removed the Samsung Lock Software, I formatted it...
  10. How does my series x not detect my external storage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How does my series x not detect my external storage?: I’ve tried almost everything to try to get my storage working and tried it on my friends Xbox to see if it still worked and it did so it’s my Xbox that’s not detecting the storage. Is there any...