Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?

Discus and support Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently added an alternate email account to one of my microsoft accounts because I deleted the old email and completely forgot about my microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Annabellev1999, Feb 6, 2023.

  1. Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?


    I recently added an alternate email account to one of my microsoft accounts because I deleted the old email and completely forgot about my microsoft account..

    But I didnt think to add a new, clean email that wasnt already linked to a different microsoft account and I cant change that now since it needs me to give a code that will be sent to my deleted account.

    So my question is if its possible to have 2 seperate accounts with the same email account linked to it and if the old email account stays linked, so Id be able to log in to this one microsoft account using 2 seperate email accounts or...

    :)
     
    Annabellev1999, Feb 6, 2023
    #1
  2. Annabellev1999 Win User

    Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?

    Hello,

    Yes, I was referring to an alias. So it is possible to have a main account with one email address and have that same email address as an alias on a different account?
  3. Georges C. Win User

    Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?

    Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

    My name is welcome to the community.

    Hello Annabellev1999, when referring to an alternate email on your account are you referring to a new Aluas in your Microsoft account or the account security email?

    About the accounts, it is not possible to have 2 separate accounts with the same email account you can have the same account a different Alias.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

    Secruity Update

    Hello, Kakashi. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

    If you delete the old email address, it will be deleted and you will not be able to sign in with it again. If you do not delete it, you will still be able to use the email address to sign in (and any other email address you added to your Microsoft account). And if you delete it, the password will be the same as the one used for the old email address.

    If the verification email have not been sent already, it will be sent after the 30 days.

    But just to be sure here, you added an alias email address to your account or you just added an alternate email address as a security method? An alternate email address is used only to recover your account or as a two factor authentication method. You cannot sign in to your account using this email address.

    Feel free to ask back any questions.
  5. MaxZinn Win User

    My Account Was Hacked, And I Haven't Been Able To Recover

    They must have added that email to the account and deleted my original email because whenever I attempt to sign into my old account with my original email, I get the notice that an account with that email does not exist.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

    Forced to create another xbox account on an email that already has one, and now i can't log in to xbox app.

    If there is still a phone or alternate email address to the old account (which the hacker probably just changed the email address, and not deleted it), then you might be able to recover it. But if the hacker already changed the alternate email address or phone from the hacked account, than nothing can be done.
Thema:

Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?

Loading...
  1. Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email? - Similar Threads - Does adding alternate

  2. Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?

    in XboX Insiders
    Question does the new Voice/audio capture feature capture the voices of players on PC or PS5?: I play a lot of cross platform games and something really funny happened so I recorded it and I just heard myself….. I was so sad that the other half of the audio was gone. I was play Arma...
  3. Does trying the update reset your Xbox?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does trying the update reset your Xbox?: I’ve recently been getting super into the Original Xbox recently, and when I heard that the latest update preview allowed people to customize their startup animation, I was hoping to try it so I...
  4. The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements

    in XboX Insiders
    The Achievements panel in the Profile section does not occasionally show achievements: El panel de Logros en la sección Perfil a veces no muestra los logros. A veces muestra un error que indica que no se pudo cargar el archivo, otras veces muestra los juegos jugados pero sin logros...
  5. Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone

    in XboX Insiders
    Does forza horizon 2 and 3 work with the disc to digital for anyone: I keep getting a popup saying Digital license unavailable, I dont know if its just a bug or if it just doesn't work submitted by /u/LaneT2012 [link] [comments]
  6. Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?

    in XboX Insiders
    Does Game Share work with Disc to Digital games?: I asked this elsewhere but I figured I should post it here too. Just curious if Game Share works with disc to digital. My brother in law and I want to try it since we used to game share before....
  7. Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone have a list of games working on digital licence: Have tried a few discs and some don't work so does anyone know if there's an official list or is it non confirmed submitted by /u/Chriswhutey [link] [comments]
  8. why haven’t they added voice recording to video clips does anyone know why

    in XBoX on Windows
    why haven’t they added voice recording to video clips does anyone know why: why haven’t they added voice recording to video clips does anyone why 07151749-7bc7-42cb-92fd-1eceaec2db1d
  9. Why does Microsoft Solitaire Collection still allow scam/extortion ad's.

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Solitaire Collection still allow scam/extortion ad's.: I have been using the Microsoft Solitaire Collection for many years. A couple of years ago I reported a scam/extortion advertisement. I see the advertisement is still running. Now I see more scam...
  10. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e