Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?

Discus and support Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently added an alternate email account to one of my microsoft accounts because I deleted the old email and completely forgot about my microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Annabellev1999, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email?

I recently added an alternate email account to one of my microsoft accounts because I deleted the old email and completely forgot about my microsoft account..

But I didnt think to add a new, clean email that wasnt already linked to a different microsoft account and I cant change that now since it needs me to give a code that will be sent to my deleted account.

So my question is if its possible to have 2 seperate accounts with the same email account linked to it and if the old email account stays linked, so Id be able to log in to this one microsoft account using 2 seperate email accounts or...

:)

Annabellev1999, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Annabellev1999 Win User

Hello,

Yes, I was referring to an alias. So it is possible to have a main account with one email address and have that same email address as an alias on a different account?
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Annabellev1999, when referring to an alternate email on your account are you referring to a new Aluas in your Microsoft account or the account security email?

About the accounts, it is not possible to have 2 separate accounts with the same email account you can have the same account a different Alias.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Secruity Update

Hello, Kakashi. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If you delete the old email address, it will be deleted and you will not be able to sign in with it again. If you do not delete it, you will still be able to use the email address to sign in (and any other email address you added to your Microsoft account). And if you delete it, the password will be the same as the one used for the old email address.

If the verification email have not been sent already, it will be sent after the 30 days.

But just to be sure here, you added an alias email address to your account or you just added an alternate email address as a security method? An alternate email address is used only to recover your account or as a two factor authentication method. You cannot sign in to your account using this email address.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  5. MaxZinn Win User

My Account Was Hacked, And I Haven't Been Able To Recover

They must have added that email to the account and deleted my original email because whenever I attempt to sign into my old account with my original email, I get the notice that an account with that email does not exist.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Forced to create another xbox account on an email that already has one, and now i can't log in to xbox app.

If there is still a phone or alternate email address to the old account (which the hacker probably just changed the email address, and not deleted it), then you might be able to recover it. But if the hacker already changed the alternate email address or phone from the hacked account, than nothing can be done.
Thema:

1. Does adding an alternate email to 1 account delete the old email? - Similar Threads - Does adding alternate

2. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  3. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  4. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  5. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  6. How does my group post violate the community standards?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How does my group post violate the community standards?: So a few days ago i was making a group post for people to join my community server on rust console. In the post i stated.”Repoping diortopia3x giving outpost starts first 10 gets tp to build spot”...
  7. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  8. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  9. Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?

in XboX Insiders
    Crazy disco lights glitch, does anyone know a fix?: Anyone know of a fix to this? It doesn’t happen in nba2k but it happens all over the screen in fortnite and Lords of the fallen (weird thing is it’s not on the menus) and I have tried just about...
  10. Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why was Microsoft Rewards not added in Morocco, the only country that does not have this...: We ask Microsoft to add this service in Morocco f5d199da-3a6d-4317-b398-b124fdb1768e