Does a gift card bought with Rewards points allow a gamertag change?

Discus and support Does a gift card bought with Rewards points allow a gamertag change? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I currently want to change my Xbox gamertag. However, it requires a code to be used through gift card payment, which I am unsure if one purchased... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Azzari, Mar 12, 2023.

1. Azzari
    Azzari Guest

I currently want to change my Xbox gamertag. However, it requires a code to be used through gift card payment, which I am unsure if one purchased through the Microsoft Rewards program gives you. Will the card only give me account balance, or will I be able to use it for a change?

Thanks for any help.

:)

Azzari, Mar 12, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Azzari!

You can absolutely use the gift card from the Microsoft Rewards. Once you redeemed it to your account, it will be added to your Microsoft balance which you can use to change your account gamertag or even purchase games and in-game items.
  3. Yeneca. Win User

You can use Microsoft rewards for a name change
  4. XBA_Hype Win User

Is Microsoft Credits possible to use to buy future consoles like Project Scarlett?

rewards arealways viable to change, but there is usually gift cards that you can trade your points for including microsoft gift card which would in turn allow you to purchase a console if you wished
  5. XBA_Hype Win User

Is Microsoft Credits possible to use to buy future consoles like Project Scarlett?

rewards arealways viable to change, but there is usually gift cards that you can trade your points for including microsoft gift card which would in turn allow you to purchase a console if you wished
  6. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag changed and years of work

With Microsoft Rewards points, once you earn enough points you can redeem an Xbox gift card to add funds to your account and then use those funds to purchase a gamertag change. The support person you spoke to was misinformed on how many points it takes.
    Prior to the currency system Microsoft used points as currency and at that time it cost 800 Microsoft points to change a tag. Microsoft points are not the same as Microsoft Rewards points though so you would need enough points to redeem a $10 gift card as
    well as a little extra to cover tax.
Thema:

1. Does a gift card bought with Rewards points allow a gamertag change? - Similar Threads - Does gift card

2. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  3. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  4. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  5. LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.

in XBoX on Consoles
    LB, RB, X, Y, A, SELECT, START and DPAD does not work.: I tried to watch hulu one day, started up the controller and console like normal, was able to open hulu with the buttons but after that all buttons except L3 R3 RT LT stopped working, I've tried...
  6. How does my group post violate the community standards?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How does my group post violate the community standards?: So a few days ago i was making a group post for people to join my community server on rust console. In the post i stated.”Repoping diortopia3x giving outpost starts first 10 gets tp to build spot”...
  7. Does anyone have a number where you can tlk to a human about an xbox gift card, took my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone have a number where you can tlk to a human about an xbox gift card, took my...: need a number for a human for xbox gift card problems 559ceb50-5842-42a7-937c-a4f318e1406f
  8. When does the 100 Robux Gift Card option come back?

in XBoX on Windows
    When does the 100 Robux Gift Card option come back?: If anyone knows please tell ab224209-e701-43b0-91f2-41c96ae8601e
  9. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?: I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the DLC, would it be locjed to my region, do...
  10. How long does take to receive game pass gift from friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How long does take to receive game pass gift from friend: How long does take to receive game pass gift from friend 409c1ff1-3ee9-4c23-8ecc-470b6b3d2c66