Do you really lose offline-access to all digital games when your Xbox account is banned and...

Discus and support Do you really lose offline-access to all digital games when your Xbox account is banned and... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, so while I've never been banned before, I just read the below article and it has me scared: "Know that if your Gamertags are banned then you will... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MarioNaise, Jan 6, 2023.

1. MarioNaise
    MarioNaise Guest

Do you really lose offline-access to all digital games when your Xbox account is banned and...

Hi,

so while I've never been banned before, I just read the below article and it has me scared:

"Know that if your Gamertags are banned then you will lose all of your digital content. The only exception to this is a console ban.

This means that only the console itself gets banned from online but the Gamertag remains unaffected.

When you get banned, you will lose all the digital content you have purchased over the lifetime of the account. Of course, you will have to buy another physical Xbox and another Xbox Live membership if you want to continue being in the community and continue playing games.

But on top of shelling out multiple hundreds of dollars for the new equipment, you will also have to pay up some serious money to get the DLCs and everything else that you lost because of the ban. So even though you legally paid for all the games and DLCs you still won’t be able to access them in case of a ban since when you violated the terms of service.

All those dollars that you spent will be down the drain. "

https://retroonly.com/what-happens-when-you-get-banned-on-xbox/

This can't be true, can it? I mean, if I paid hundreds of dollars for digital games, even if I misbehave online, it shouldn't be legal for a company to steal my games, right? If someone commits a crime in real life, they don't have to return their Panasonic HDTV to Panasonic, if you get what I mean. What I bought has no relation to using a service.

So, now I'm scared that any wrong word I say online might rid me of all my digital purchases. Hope someone can answer this important question, thank you!

:)

MarioNaise, Jan 6, 2023
  2. An Old Freak Win User

Account Suspension

When an account is permanently banned, you lose it all. You cannot access it digitally.
  3. AmuricanPatriot Win User

let me buy my banned account back for 1000 dollars NO BULL

That's mostly true. You forfeit the digital content that is tied to your account upon a permanent suspension, but other accounts don't lose access to the content on the banned account's Home console or any offline licenses on the Xbox 360.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Do you really lose offline-access to all digital games when your Xbox account is banned and cannot re-download them?

Sure, it's easier to not get banned on other services, but those services can revoke your licenses at any time just as easily. If they were to shut down and not provide an alternative to how you access their content, you would still be out whatever you spend through that service.

It's very easy to just follow the rules and not get a suspension. Permanent bans are not given lightly either. If someone gets permanently banned, then they've violated rules multiple times and had multiples chances or they've done something seriously bad.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Do you really lose offline-access to all digital games when your Xbox account is banned and cannot re-download them?

Thx. And nobody has ever taken such a ban to court?

Because no matter the agreement, if I lost thousands of dollars over a ban, I wouldn't accept that just like that. It feels wrong. I understand that you lose access to online-gaming if you misbehave, but your games ... you paid for them.
    Not sure if you saw my edits but you don't own any games....you buy a licence to access the game (same as with all publishers such as Steam etc) and, as with any licence in any walk of life, can be revoked if any offense is serious enough
  6. Smwutches Win User

Did find someone who tried to sue Microsoft in 2017 after having multiple suspensions. Essentially they were upset because they bought Gold and their Gold was suspended without refunds or extensions for the days lost, they couldn't play their games, and they felt they were not given adequate information about the suspensions. Microsoft was able to show that the user had agreed to the terms of service 3 times which also states that disputes would need to go through arbitration instead of court and Microsoft won, sending the dispute to arbitration.

https://us-arbitration.shearman.com...oration, No. 1-17-CV-00753 (N.D. Ill. ....pdf
Thema:

1. Do you really lose offline-access to all digital games when your Xbox account is banned and... - Similar Threads - really lose offline

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle

in XboX Insiders
    Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle: I'm pretty sure what the game pack (Bio Inc. Redemption + Crossroads Inn) isn't meant to be 2.099,99€. Is it bug for anybody else? submitted by /u/JamesWhiteWolf20 [link] [comments]
  4. I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help

in XboX Insiders
    I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help: None of my games or apps want to load, all they say after 2 minutes of attempting a load say “…taken too long to start”. i thought this might of been an xbox (old gen) problem, until i plugged my...
  5. Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me

in XboX Insiders
    Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me: Should add red dead redemption 2 to the game pass again’ just saying submitted by /u/Weekly_Way6004 [link] [comments]
  6. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  7. How do I REALLY fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I REALLY fix this: So I bought my Xbox refurbished at game world, which was fine. About 2 yrs. down the road I started getting this message saying that there was a problem with my saved games... only thing I've been...
  8. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  9. First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know...: First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know before I make a purchase would like to buy a game. It’s kind of obscure of orcs and men. I live in the states....
  10. SO WHEN DO THEY FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH ULTIMATE WORD GAMES. LOSING ALL MY DATA REALLY HURTS.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    SO WHEN DO THEY FIX THIS PROBLEM WITH ULTIMATE WORD GAMES. LOSING ALL MY DATA REALLY HURTS.: SO WHEN DO THEY GET THIS PROBLEM WITH UTAMITE WORD GAMES FIXED? I TRIED THE RESET, LOSING ALL MY DATA, WHICH REALLY HURTS. NOTA. I ALSO NOTICED ON THE CROSSWORD PUZZLE PART THE SAME ANSWER CAME UP...