Do you have to repurchase disc games on series s?

Discus and support Do you have to repurchase disc games on series s? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m on Xbox one s currently and I am thinking about switching to series s, I have a lot of disc games, if I switch do I have to rebuy those games in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pnm Joshie, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Pnm Joshie
    Pnm Joshie Guest

I’m on Xbox one s currently and I am thinking about switching to series s, I have a lot of disc games, if I switch do I have to rebuy those games in digital form?

:)

Pnm Joshie, Aug 20, 2022
  2. reece horrigan Win User

This needs to be fixed.

Making people purchase the same content twice goes against every lean operating value out there. Removes customer value and adds waste.

Can't be too difficult surely to verify discs previously purchased and add them as digital downloads.

If people could also play their back catalogue of 360/one discs on the Series S, I have no doubt it would increase customer satisfaction and by association sales.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Yes. If you want to play them on the Series S you would need to purchase them digitally.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Ummm hate to burst your bubble but that's how digital only consoles work period

That's the price you pay for going digital only

Where have you been living ?

Switching platforms has always a cost

You go digital only then you go digital only

It.doesn't give you the right to use disks to steal

Disks are how you verify ownership

Removing that means you can resell resell resell or loan out your disk for hundreds of free copies
  5. ngocphi Win User

Nope that's by design

If you want to buy digital you must buy digital

To verify your disks you need your disks

For all everyone knows you sold them

What happens then

All your friends get free games ?

What you are suggesting is theft

You can thank.sony and the 100k Xbox fans petition for.this there was a system to replace disk swapping but it was removed when don matrrick was fired

Google Sony's smart disk swapping commerical

Two sonys executives swapping game disks

Very very effective not only that the very reason why ms has stigma and in second place

There is no way for your method to work without being abused
  6. KindGryphon Win User

I have Disc versions of games on Xbox One, how will i play them on Series S?

I have several disc games for my Xbox One, i am buying a Series S, but how will i pay them on it?
    You wouldnt. Xbox Series S can only play digital games so if you want to play them on Series S you would have to repurchase them digitally.
Thema:

1. Do you have to repurchase disc games on series s? - Similar Threads - repurchase disc games

2. i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it

in XBoX Accessibility
    i purchase the minecraft and how he is saying to repurchase it how to fix it: i purchase the minecraft at 17/3/2024 than i play it 3 to 4 day than on 23/3/2024 it saying to purchase agen but how can it possible i can not play the minecraft how to fix it in minecraft.net and...
  3. My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account’s card on file was used to repurchase Xbox live for a different account, support...: It’s as the title says. Since about November my account ‘s on file card was used to purchase an Xbox live subscription of $10.65. This did not give MY account the “benefit” nor did I authorize the...
  4. i recently refunded a game, but i can’t repurchase it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i recently refunded a game, but i can’t repurchase it?: i recently bought the game jedi survivor, after refunding it, i realized i liked the game and wanted to buy it, but it is not letting me repurchase the game, is there any way you could find a way...
  5. Switching from Xbox to PC do I have to repurchase Forza Motorsport

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching from Xbox to PC do I have to repurchase Forza Motorsport: I purchased a disk copy of Forza Motorsport for Xbox, when it was released, on a pre order from HMV. I am switching platforms to a new gaming PC and won't be keeping the Xbox. Do I have to buy...
  6. Sea of Thieves asking me to repurchase after buying it back in 2018

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sea of Thieves asking me to repurchase after buying it back in 2018: So I decided I wanted to redownload sea of thieves, but when I go to redownload it, it just asks me to repurchase as if I havent owned it before. I even went into my payment and billing history...
  7. Alr Ive bought minecraft 2-3 times now I go to sign in and it says i have to REPURCHASE it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Alr Ive bought minecraft 2-3 times now I go to sign in and it says i have to REPURCHASE it...: [img] [img] b610e6c2-802e-4abc-bef2-c23a6c07ed92
  8. Repurchase?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Repurchase?: I have the disc for cold war and installed everything again after not playing for a while, I had to buy the Xbox series x version as I originally had it on my Xbox one but I purchased it and when...
  9. i accidently deleted forza horizon 5 off of xbox app and it says ill have to repurchase the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i accidently deleted forza horizon 5 off of xbox app and it says ill have to repurchase the...: hello, i had an issue with the game running and i never knew that if i delete the game off xbox app will cause to buy the game again, i thought ill be deleting it off my pc, not entirely. hope...
  10. Games on disc. Do I need to repurchase digital versions?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games on disc. Do I need to repurchase digital versions?: Most of my games are physical on disc. If I purchase a new console that doesn't have a disc drive, can I download my current games to it, or will I need to repurchase the digital versions?...