Do you have to pay to play local Minecraft multiplayer on the Xbox One?

Discus and support Do you have to pay to play local Minecraft multiplayer on the Xbox One? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Minecraft through a digital code in-store and I am currently game sharing with my wife’s Xbox in the other room of our house. Both consoles... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brookes M, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Brookes M
    Brookes M Guest

I purchased Minecraft through a digital code in-store and I am currently game sharing with my wife’s Xbox in the other room of our house. Both consoles are connected to the same wireless network, and we both have the same error message that say our Microsoft accounts are set up in a way that does not allow multiplayer. We have changed all privacy setting to ‘Allow’ and ‘Everyone’, but the error messages have yet to go away. We cannot play multiplayer of any kind together, and are wondering if we have to pay a monthly fee to play online multiplayer?

:)

Brookes M, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Brookes! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

To play online and multiplayer on Xbox consoles, you must be subscribed to either Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
  3. Dennis Biber Win User

Install minecraft twice, bought and ultimate

I want to play multiplayer in local network without buying minecraft again. Because I already bought it and I pay for xbox ultimate.
  4. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

I am new to Minecraft java edition and I can't play multiplayer

Hey there, JohnathanShaw

Welcome to the Microsoft Community forums

You will need to pay for Xbox membership to play online with others, including your brother. You can, however, play multiplayer locally, however you will need to play Minecraft on an Xbox console, or you both have Minecraft Java Edition.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Realms or Multiplayer cross platform not working on minecraft

Thanks, that's the problem

In order to play any multiplayer / online mode on Minecraft you need Gold / Ultimate

The only modes that doesn't require it are local multiplayer and single player.

You can check similar thread here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

XBF Amber F answer:

"Minecraft itself may be played in an offline capacity without the need to have an Xbox Live Gold subscription; however, if your son wishes to utilize the following aspects of game play within Minecraft, he then would need a subscription:
    Realms
    Connecting to servers
    Cross-platform play
    For local multiplayer gaming, you don’t need an Xbox Live Gold subscription"
  6. NawazMohd Win User

Game accessibility issue after EA subscription ends in XBOX one S.

Thank you Reactor leak. Do you have any idea about difference between xbox live local multiplayer and xbox local multiplayer and xbox live local co-op. Does it require xbox live gold pass to play as local multiplayer (using 2 controllers)
Thema:

1. Do you have to pay to play local Minecraft multiplayer on the Xbox One? - Similar Threads - pay play local

2. I bought madden 24 and just want to be able to play offline. Do I have to pay a monthly...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought madden 24 and just want to be able to play offline. Do I have to pay a monthly...: I want to be able to play madden 24 offline. Do I have to pay for a monthly game pass plan? b7fa16c9-cbe7-4773-a4a5-b662af83a5a6
  3. I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play my EA play games on my xbox without paying: I need help. I linked my EA account that has the ea play with my xbox account but i cant download the games included in the EA play without paying for them can someone help?...
  4. how can you play mincraft with out paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    how can you play mincraft with out paying: how can you play Mincraft with out paying f6cc1520-6f72-4029-afbc-2cfd81e6e7fe
  5. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  6. I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have madden 22 on a disc for xbox one s , but it won't let me play without paying for...: I have madden 22 on disc , but it won't let me play because it says I need game pass, why? Xbox one s. 4f871220-5424-481c-8a32-96b63dadb399
  7. if i have a game pay complete in the xbox why can i play the game in the pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    if i have a game pay complete in the xbox why can i play the game in the pc: if i have a game pay complete in the xbox why can i play the game in the pc b1e74059-d0aa-4b6c-ada1-8d64527e61fd
  8. I should be able to play games I payed for when I'm offline.

in XboX Insiders
    I should be able to play games I payed for when I'm offline.: At the cost of saving yourselves a few dollars you're wasting HOURS of my time setting XBOX 360 for my kid and then signing my account in and resetting my fricking password every few years when he...
  9. My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My account is already migrated but Minecraft is still asking for me to pay to play Java...: I asked here a question before concerning this topic, but couldn't have the chance to reply in under 72 hours since I was away, so the topic I created was disregarded. The Microsoft agent told me...
  10. Games that are payed and only multiplayer specifique should be free to play online cause...

in XboX Insiders
    Games that are payed and only multiplayer specifique should be free to play online cause...: Example R6 should be free because the hole premise is multiplayer Mc legends should have it free for only story mode as the capaign is multiplayer Titanfall has story mode so it doesnt get online...