Do you get a phone app notification when you change a friendship?

Discus and support Do you get a phone app notification when you change a friendship? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; If you unfavorite a friend, does the person who unfavorited the friend and the unfavorited friend themself get a notification sent to their phone?... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Haileyb26, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Haileyb26
    Haileyb26 Guest

If you unfavorite a friend, does the person who unfavorited the friend and the unfavorited friend themself get a notification sent to their phone?

:)

Haileyb26, Nov 24, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Not at all, Haileyb26. They will also not be notified if we put them on our favorite list, the same goes for unfavorite them.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

I am not receiving game invites or party invites on my xbox one x

Hi Gridyyy,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. When you change settings like notifications on or off, it may take a little bit for it to engage. Since you done the basic troubleshooting, we recommend trying a soft factory reset. When going to reset select
    keep my games and apps. Also when you change notifications on again, before you do sign out of the app on your phone change the settings on Xbox, power cycle console then sign in phone. With having one logged in it could be saving the notifications off.

For instance: you change settings on your phone, but still logged in on Xbox. It most likely keeps the settings of them off.

Try this and let us know.

Brad
  4. AEON SOLARIS Win User

Xbox one followers not removed after blocking

having the same problem, people follow you. you block them, but i still get a notification when they go online.

the old friendship system was perfect....the actual system is just crap.
  5. - AJ - Win User

How do I turn off a friend's online notification when they're live streaming from their xbox

Hi, Lazydaydreamer! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Considering you are receiving notifications for both when your friends come online and when they start streaming, it's likely they are set as favorites in your friends list.

For your reference, this is the description for favorite friends on Xbox:

"Favorite friends are listed first in your friends lists. You will see when they are online or live streaming."

Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent only the 2nd notification from popping up, as the reason why you get it is the same for the 1st notification.

------------------

There are two ways to stop receiving these notifications:

1) Edit friendship:

- Go to your friend's profile, select "Change Friendship" and select "Friend" from the list of available options. This will prevent you from receiving both the 1st and 2nd

2) Change your notification settings:

- Go to Settings > Preferences > Notifications > Xbox Notifications > Friends, and uncheck the box for "Friend notifications on"
    * Please note that this will disable notifications for all friends, not just your favorites.

-----

Alternatively, some things that could work for you are:

- Disabling notifications banners only at Settings > Preferences > Notifications
    - Changing the default notification position at Settings > Preferences > Notifications
    - Or mute the notification alert sound by going to Settings > General > Volume and audio output > Additional options.

------------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help.
    Best regards.
  6. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

"New Followers" Notification is Not Working For Me

no you don't, and you don't either as it says so in your title.

Happy for you to post a link to a list of notifications, but its never been the case where you get a notification when someone follows you.

The system wasn't built with the same concept as the 360, there is no expectation of mutual friendship.
Thema:

1. Do you get a phone app notification when you change a friendship? - Similar Threads - phone app notification

2. I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have xbox on my phone and play Nintendo, when I text on the app I get "This text is...: I've checked microsoft settings and xbox settings and couldn't find anything. 08cd519f-2de5-4ee7-9e18-8602489936e6
  3. Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone

in XboX Insiders
    Cant use remote from my xbox app on phone: I cant connect my remote play everything is enabled and im signed in on the app and console but the app just shows my pfp and says “turn on your console and sign in with your account” but it is on...
  4. Problem with networking, xbox console, PC and phone app on wifi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with networking, xbox console, PC and phone app on wifi.: Hey very odd situation. One day my router just stopped working with my xbox and related apps on my PC and phone. Xbox console indicates no issues with internet connection, but it will not access...
  5. Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft phone with a Microsoft phone exclusive android app for downloading Xbox games...: Hi, What if Microsoft considered a Microsoft phone only app that allows for on device downloads of Xbox game titles submitted by /u/DryAd6599 [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S requires console set up with phone app every time I turn it on.: Every time I turn on my console I have to go through the whole console setup process with the app. I’ve read similar issues in this community and here’s what I have already checked. I have the Dec...
  7. Can’t sign into my Xbox Cloud Gaming app on my phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign into my Xbox Cloud Gaming app on my phone: When I try to play a game on my phone it tells me to sign in, and when I try to sign in it loads for a second and then does nothing. 34de4ff0-31ed-43a0-a2e9-5585bbecc692
  8. How do I upload my Xbox game bar clips to my Xbox app on my phone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I upload my Xbox game bar clips to my Xbox app on my phone.: Hello, I need help uploading my Xbox game bar clips to my mobile app on my phone, I used to be able to do this but for some reason the upload button on the Xbox game bar does not show up anymore....
  9. When I go on my xbox cloud gaming app on my phone my screen will turn white

in XBoX on Windows
    When I go on my xbox cloud gaming app on my phone my screen will turn white: I need help finding out why my screen goes white 8a937d04-9423-4b13-a801-9423bb61e186
  10. Xbox app on my phone says I’m banned and I’m not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on my phone says I’m banned and I’m not: For a couple months now Xbox app on my phone has been saying sorry we can’t sign in because your account is suspended and it’s not I have checked my Xbox itself and the website I am not banned I...