Do Xbox send a new or refurbished elite controller out as a replacement?

Discus and support Do Xbox send a new or refurbished elite controller out as a replacement? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an elite 2 controller with a dodgy left bumper that is slightly out of warranty. I have gone through the service request and I was offered a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chief X17, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Chief X17
    Chief X17 Guest

I have an elite 2 controller with a dodgy left bumper that is slightly out of warranty. I have gone through the service request and I was offered a replacement for a price. I just wanted to check weather the replacement would be new or refurbished?

:)

Chief X17, Nov 19, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

It’s not a brand new controller.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

It will be a Microsoft Certified Elite Series 2 Controller.

I was able to reach out to Xbox Support before and this is what they said to me.
  4. Chief X17 Win User

Hi

Thanks for the reply. What exactly does that mean? I would hope everything that Microsoft sells is certified so I'm still unsure whether this means new or refurbished?
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Warranty scam?

Hi Anton,

Thanks for the replies. When you gt a controller repaired, it is replaced with a new one. They are not refurbished. This is why you are unable to get a controller repaired that is out of warranty. If they were refurbished you would be able to. We are sorry
    that the one you got was damaged. This could be a shipping issue. As suggested we recommend sending it back. Also an important note: if they test out the controller you sent in and there is nothing wrong they send it back.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Elite Series 2 Repair/ Replacement

In order to speed up the return, they send you a different controller. So you can get back to gaming as quickly as possible, instead of having to wait for them to examine the controller, find the fault, repair it, put it all together and ship it back. They
    just take a new or refurbished controller and immediately send it to you.

Therefore it's important you remove all parts from the Elite 2 controller (the sticks, paddles and D-Pad) when you send it in, as you might get a controller without these parts as replacement.
Thema:

1. Do Xbox send a new or refurbished elite controller out as a replacement? - Similar Threads - send refurbished elite

2. When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When sending in my custom Elite Controller Series 2 for replacement, will I receive an...: A little less than a year ago I purchased a custom Elite Controller Series 2 from Xbox Design Lab, complete with a custom engraving. When I contacted Xbox Support, the person on the phone ensured...
  3. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. Games keep crashing and sending me back to db

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games keep crashing and sending me back to db: Long story short, my Xbox series s, not even a year old yet, has been crashing and bringing me back to the dashboard when I play certain games. Some games I’ve played have resulted in crashes or...
  6. How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair, because it has bad stick...: How much will it cost if I send my Xbox controller in for repair because one of the Joysticks has really bad stick drift? c19310fb-9d72-4783-adfa-be8601535d2f
  7. After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    After sending in for repair, my controller has new issue, and was removed from my account: Disregarding this being my 4th model, I sent my Elite Series 2 Core (Blue) controller I'm for repair under warranty, because (you guessed it) the RB went out. It was returned to me, and the RB...
  8. Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Cant see chats, recieve or send messages. What should I do?: I dont even know how to explain it. One minute it was fine and then the next minute, xbox app and my actual xbox stopped showing me my chats. I can't see them, recieve or send any messages and I'm...
  9. Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fortnite item shop timer is broken pls send help now.: lord i thank you for sunshine thank you for rain thank you for joy. 94a4ab5c-8fa4-416c-bb2e-02fb8d657b70
  10. Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft sends me to Xbox account creation, when I'm trying to sign into my Nintendo Switch.: I am creating a Microsoft account in order to play on servers in Minecraft. The login webpage Microsoft sent me to is trying to make me an Xbox account, and I'm trying to get it onto my Switch....