Do these developers not pay attention to their gamers?

Discus and support Do these developers not pay attention to their gamers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've played games like Elder Scrolls, Destiny, Shadow of War (which was crap) and tried just about any other RPG you can think of and I am completely... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SuperSaiyan4GT, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Do these developers not pay attention to their gamers?

I've played games like Elder Scrolls, Destiny, Shadow of War (which was crap) and tried just about any other RPG you can think of and I am completely disappointed. I can sit around with my friends while playing games and just come up with great ideas on
    how to improve functionality and game-play with simple tweaks and dlcs and you wonder, how is it that we can come up with these ideas from our simple minds but developers just can't quite get it. They continuously create games with failed loot systems, no
    coop (which is crucial nowadays), no customization, no free roam or open world and third grade dialogue (Yes, I am talking to you Destiny). You would think they would listen to their gamers, learn from their mistakes and combine what makes a game great into
    something wonderful with amazing replay value.

I think I speak for all gamers when I say we want a finished game upon release, an vast open world with customization, a balanced loot system, wonderful evolving storyline, DLC that adds new things not what should have been in the game at release, wide variety
    of weapons, armor, vehicles, spells, and characters. You basically get the gist of what I am saying here.

:)

SuperSaiyan4GT, Oct 21, 2017
  2. SaphireMoon8
    SaphireMoon8 Guest
    So called Hackers that try to intimidate, what a joke these losers are "F e C E O 666"

Don't let these types get to you. They are hacks at playing the game. Guessing their parents did not pay enough attention to them. They just want to feel important.

SaphireMoon8, Oct 21, 2017
  3. There should be discounts for all the time xbl is down

Agreed... Seems like bunk policy to pay for a service you do not receive. Partial refund seems in order.

Not sure what good these posts do though. They gonna listen to us?

I bet if people with means threatened to do something to their system (like with Sony?), maybe that would get their attention.

I wonder if they know how many of their users have the means?

Just wondering (and wonder if this will get their attn).

SSki-92B7F015-11CD-4A46-9756-0406FE68F19C, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

So you basically just want developers to make games for you.

Plenty of free roam & open world games out there.Plenty of games with good customisation options out there.etc. etc.

You didn't like Shadow of War,fine but that's just YOUR opinion.

co-op is not crucial nowadays.It's nice to have in some games,depends on the game,but it certainly isn't crucial.

If you want all the things you mentioned then why not start your own development team & make your own game?

Daft Badger, Oct 21, 2017
  5. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    Another one who didn't played Witcher 3.

And didn't do any research before buying.....

Tzar of kaos, Oct 21, 2017
  6. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Multiplayer isn’t crucial.

You’re just playing the wrong type of games.

Play The Witcher 3 then come back to us.

Other open world games that are awesome are:

Far Cry 4, Dying Light, Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4, etc etc

brandiesel1, Oct 21, 2017
  7. I'm not implying that they make games just for "me". Obviously some of you are the 1% that just play single player games. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with single players games. My discussion talks about what the majority wants in a typical multiplayer
    game.

SuperSaiyan4GT, Nov 13, 2017
  8. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

Incorrect.

Most people want a good single player game with a decent multiplayer or co-op part as well.

It certainly isn't 1% who want single player.Really not sure where you get your info from but the majority do not want just multiplayer games.

Daft Badger, Nov 13, 2017
  9. Agree fully - if it really were 1% that wanted single player developers would not bother at all.

It's really hard to program realistic AI that respond in different way and isn't all robotic in behavior.

So devs would gladly drop that if so few needed single player.

It's a completely different mindset to do multiplayer. Match with others online at that time, or join up with friends right that moment etc.

And the gameplay quality you get is dependent on which people you are matched up with etc.

BookishFlunky90, Nov 13, 2017
  10. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Ok SuperSaiyan4GT, I'm going to teach you something here.

Creating a game isn't easy, just coming up with ideas for a game or game mechanics is easy (as you've proved) but actually coding it is extremely difficult. Developers can add a feature into a game, only for it to totally mess up another feature.

Developers don't start a game and think to themselves "I'm going to make a rubbish game" they start with full intentions of creating "the next big thing" but as time moves on they find that their aspirations where perhaps a little too high. All games have
    to have a build time, or else pretty much no game would ever get finishes, developers would constantly be tweaking. Do games get released unfinished? yes, but that is the situation we have where developers can release patches.

People say "wasn't like that back in the day, games were released perfectly" to that I say no they didn't, bugs have been in games since I played on the spectrum, you even got games released that you physically couldn't finish because the coders didn't think
    anyone would get past a certain level, so didn't code an ending.

Finally, if you think you can do better perhaps you should start coding for yourself and you'll see how difficult it is.

Shaggy2000, Nov 1, 2018
  11. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Incorrect.

Most people want a good single player game with a decent multiplayer or co-op part as well.

It certainly isn't 1% who want single player.Really not sure where you get your info from but the majority do not want just multiplayer games.
    Agree fully - if it really were 1% that wanted single player developers would not bother at all.

It's really hard to program realistic AI that respond in different way and isn't all robotic in behavior.

So devs would gladly drop that if so few needed single player.

It's a completely different mindset to do multiplayer. Match with others online at that time, or join up with friends right that moment etc.

And the gameplay quality you get is dependent on which people you are matched up with etc.
  12. Shaggy2000 Win User

Ok SuperSaiyan4GT, I'm going to teach you something here.

Creating a game isn't easy, just coming up with ideas for a game or game mechanics is easy (as you've proved) but actually coding it is extremely difficult. Developers can add a feature into a game, only for it to totally mess up another feature.

Developers don't start a game and think to themselves "I'm going to make a rubbish game" they start with full intentions of creating "the next big thing" but as time moves on they find that their aspirations where perhaps a little too high. All games have
    to have a build time, or else pretty much no game would ever get finishes, developers would constantly be tweaking. Do games get released unfinished? yes, but that is the situation we have where developers can release patches.

People say "wasn't like that back in the day, games were released perfectly" to that I say no they didn't, bugs have been in games since I played on the spectrum, you even got games released that you physically couldn't finish because the coders didn't think
    anyone would get past a certain level, so didn't code an ending.

Finally, if you think you can do better perhaps you should start coding for yourself and you'll see how difficult it is.
  13. Daft Badger Win User

So you basically just want developers to make games for you.

Plenty of free roam & open world games out there.Plenty of games with good customisation options out there.etc. etc.

You didn't like Shadow of War,fine but that's just YOUR opinion.

co-op is not crucial nowadays.It's nice to have in some games,depends on the game,but it certainly isn't crucial.

If you want all the things you mentioned then why not start your own development team & make your own game?
  14. brandiesel1 Win User

Multiplayer isn’t crucial.

You’re just playing the wrong type of games.

Play The Witcher 3 then come back to us.

Other open world games that are awesome are:

Far Cry 4, Dying Light, Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4, etc etc
  15. Tzar of kaos Win User

Another one who didn't played Witcher 3.

And didn't do any research before buying.....
Thema:

1. Do these developers not pay attention to their gamers? - Similar Threads - developers pay attention

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to make a developer mode account but I don’t know what to put for country/region...: Please help me what’s the country region code for the United States? 89960a45-e084-4f25-b603-5ade3a7032f4
  4. I cannot sign up for developer mode

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot sign up for developer mode: Whenever I try to sign up, after I put in my info I am not taken to the payment info page, instead I keep getting this message: Microsoft runs on trust- We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation...
  5. Error code 400 when trying to activate xbox series x in developer mode?

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 400 when trying to activate xbox series x in developer mode?: Error code 400 when trying to activate xbox series x in developer mode? How can i activate the xbox in dev mode after paying for it but when i put the code in nothing works. (Also getting error...
  6. developer xbox info

in XBoX on Windows
    developer xbox info: Hi, Can someone give me an info if there is a sandbox to test achievements for developed apps with UWP on XBOX ? Thank you! 3e082bc9-dfe2-4016-b7cd-01c0bb9b2068
  7. Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to view NDA topics and need information about Xbox controller development: Hello, I have a couple of questions: 1.I am having difficulty accessing the three NDA topics on this page: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/gdk/_content/gc/quick-links/hardware. All three...
  8. i cant signup and pay for developer mode

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant signup and pay for developer mode: i cant signup and pay for developer mode, when i reach payment the page just keeps loading but eventually fails An error occurred while processing your request. Reference...
  9. If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...

in XBoX on Windows
    If i pay for a developer account with my credit card does microsoft store and use the data...: I want to get a developer account so that i can enable dev mode on my xbox series S. For some reason u have to use a credit card as payment option. my question is if i enter my credit card...
  10. Can't Pay for Developer Account in Partner Center

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Pay for Developer Account in Partner Center: Hi, I've being trying to purchase a Developer Account, to no avail. I've tried 6 credit/debit cards at this point, mine, friends, family, even foreign cards, and EVERY SINGLE TIME the error 6152...