Do people actually check messages being reported?! Suspended for reporting someone wishing...

Discus and support Do people actually check messages being reported?! Suspended for reporting someone wishing... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I reported someone because I knocked him in Apex, he then messaged me telling me he hopes my future children get raped and murdered…. and my account... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Mtf7, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Mtf7
    Mtf7 Guest

Do people actually check messages being reported?! Suspended for reporting someone wishing...

I reported someone because I knocked him in Apex, he then messaged me telling me he hopes my future children get raped and murdered…. and my account got suspended?!?! I never even responded to the user, I just simply reported them thinking Microsoft would handle it. Unfortunately not and now my account is suspended. Goes to show they don’t actually look at these and that they are computer generated so suspensions for everyone apparently!

:)

2. Kathy A. Win User

Do people actually check messages being reported?! Suspended for reporting someone wishing my future children are raped and murdered….

Good day!

We understand your sentiment after you were suspended in reporting someone that threatens and harassing you. This is not the experience that we wish you to have. As your support advisor, we will direct you to find the right team that reviews messages that were being reported, that way you will be heard, and this will be investigated.

Before anything else, we would like to let you know that Customer support can’t assist with suspensions or enforcement actions. They don’t have access to enforcement details. Source: How to submit a case review | Xbox Support

If you are suspended, you can definitely raise an appeal for it. Just make sure you raised your appeal with the evidence and to the right platform where you are being suspended. We recommend that you follow the steps provided in the links below:

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Why is there no way to appeal a deny on an enforcement

So false reports get you banned for a year because another player want to be a jerk?? And the enforcement people are non existent and Xbox won't do anything about it?? I can understand a month but a year is beyond ridiculous
    No. False reports can actually result in the person making said report being suspended/banned. Most reports are reviewed by an actual person before a ban/suspension is given. The exception to this is for messages that contain profanity. Those can be caught by the profanity filter and once reported can result in an automatic suspension for profanity.

That means in the majority of cases your suspension was actually reviewed twice. Once for the initial report before being banned/suspended and a second time for the case review. If they denied the review than that means in both cases they decided you did something wrong.

If you retaliated against the other person for instance that can result in you being suspended.
  4. TheBalabooboo Win User

Why was I suspended?

Generally it takes more than one report/complaint before someone is suspended. This is to prevent people from being suspended for unwarranted or unfair claims of abuse.
  5. Daft Badger Win User

Yy

If you have reported the people cyber bullying you will not be told the results of your report so you have no way of knowing whether these people have been suspended or not.

On very rare occasions you might receive a thank you message if someone is suspended due to a report you've filed but even then you are never given the specific details.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Suspension

How do you know they don't get suspended?

If you come across someone you think is violatiing the ToU/CoC then report them via your console & they will be investigated.

You are never told the result of that investigation.

Vary rarely you may get a thank you message if someone receives enforcement action due to a report you've filed but you will not be told the specifics.

Doesn't matter what someone is doing online,if you message them in a way that breaks the rules then you risk being suspended.
Thema:

1. Do people actually check messages being reported?! Suspended for reporting someone wishing... - Similar Threads - actually check messages

2. the refunding is too hard and actually impossible

in XBoX on Windows
    the refunding is too hard and actually impossible: i have gone on the https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders website and then the website that should work with the order number but the number it need is supposed to start with a G and the...
  3. How do I get an actual xbox customer support?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get an actual xbox customer support?: I ran in some problem with my xbox game pass couple weeks ago and I am having serious issues with the customer support. The virtual agent always showing "I'm sorry, but I'm having a technical...
  4. Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know how to actually speak to someone at xbox or Microsoft support ?: Don't get the option of a Web chat and when I request a call back it tells me to try again later, the phone number just tells you to go online and then hang up, never known a customer services...
  5. How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I fix my Xbox 1 so I can actually press something without freezing?: When I turn on my Xbox 1, either it takes an hour to load my games and apps to be visible on screen and if I click anything it sends me to a blank screen and freezes, or it just stays blank. When...
  6. How do we the customers get actual help to fix this?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do we the customers get actual help to fix this?: Does Microsoft even want our buissness? Do they even care About thier customers? How can we reach an actual human to help us? Ive been trying to buy a development mode liscense for my xbox for...
  7. Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Every time I load up a game and try to go into an actual game, my screen will turn white...: Ive tried to do everything I know when it comes to factory resetting the whole Xbox with and without games. Its strange as a he white screen only happens when I try to load into an actual game. If...
  8. Xbox says I have more friends than I actually do on account?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox says I have more friends than I actually do on account?: Hi everyone, on Xbox app, website, Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X. They all say I have 1 friend when I should have 0 friends due to me troubleshooting. I do not actually see any friends, gamertags,...
  9. Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has anyone actually had help with the call back service for Xbox support?: I've been trying to get help with a controller issue that has persisted from my xbox one to my xbox x. It randomly disconnects and it makes it impossible to play games online. The asked in the...
  10. check the linked ea account or unlink it so that I can put my actual ea account linked to it.

in XBoX on Windows
    check the linked ea account or unlink it so that I can put my actual ea account linked to it.: I think Xbox created an EA account when I bought the Game Pass ultimate because the only EA account that I have ever used will not link to my Xbox account because it says there is already an...