Do non trial game pass gift cards need credit card information?

Discus and support Do non trial game pass gift cards need credit card information? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If i get a 3 month game pass ultimate (pc) for example, will i be able to redeem it without it asking for credit card, paypal, or any other payment... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Leviishuge, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Leviishuge
    Leviishuge Guest

If i get a 3 month game pass ultimate (pc) for example, will i be able to redeem it without it asking for credit card, paypal, or any other payment method?

:)

Leviishuge, Dec 27, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

If you are.in a region.that supports it

Not all regions have that it's mostly done on .the account.Microsoft.com page
  3. John P_14 Win User

You're welcome and have a good day!
  4. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

You will need a valid payment method such as a credit/debit card or Paypal account before you can redeem a subscription code because the subscription is set to renew automatically. However, if you don't want to be charged after your subscription expires, you can turn off its auto-renewal.
  5. Leviishuge Win User

So i can turn off automatic renewal on the redeem page and avoid using a credit card entirely, right?
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Disable game pass auto renew but keep benefits?

Hello, z923. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Every time you purchase Game Pass, even by purchasing a gift card for X months of Game Pass, you will be already subscribing to the service. That's why it asks you to have a credit card or PayPal account (with credit/debit card on it) on your Microsoft account when redeeming a Game Pass card. If you don't have a credit card or PayPal account, you cannot redeem a Game Pass card.

Now, I'm not really sure about the trial period, but as soon as you redeem a Game Pass gift card (let's say for 3 months), you can go to your subscriptions page (https://account.microsoft.com/services) and turn off recurring billing. You will keep your time from Game Pass (in our case, three months) and will not be charged when the subscription expires. The trial period may not let you do it, but redeeming a Game Pass gift card on your account will allow you to do it.

But you will need to do it every single time you redeem a Game Pass card. Because every time you do it, you will be already subscribing to the service again.

If you have any question, please let me know.
Thema:

1. Do non trial game pass gift cards need credit card information? - Similar Threads - non trial game

2. Customer service non existent

in XBoX on Consoles
    Customer service non existent: It's impossible to get through to anyone to speak about my Xbox headset that's in warranty and has broken after less than two months use, I've tried going through all of the automated channels and...
  3. How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?

in XboX Insiders
    How to Remove an Account From a Non-Working Xbox?: So I just bought a used Xbox One X from Amazon it worked the First Day I managed to make an account and download some free games but the next day it wouldn’t connect so I’m going to return it but...
  4. Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X, I lost my Wish List on non-insider box.: I am not insider, but, I think this is the appropriate place to ask technically problems? I am in LA area, a few days ago, I noticed my wish list is empty. I am pretty sure I didn't remove it...
  5. Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Non stop static threw headeset when plugging xbox series x controller into pc: i use a Bluetooth headset that is plugged into my pc. It works perfectly fine when i use mouse and keyboard and if i use a ps5 controller. the second i plug an xbox series x controller into my pc...
  6. I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I lag non stop but only when my brothers ps5 is online: Is there a fix to this problem because its only been happening for a couple of weeks 109232d6-04d6-46f5-8ea2-81e94af44506
  7. Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are my non friends not receiving my messages?: Hi all, I play a lot of Warframe, and with that I do a lot of buying and selling of items in the game. This means that I have to message a lot of people on Xbox for certain questions. Over the...
  8. Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...

in XboX Insiders
    Last year I sent feedback suggesting Microsoft allow streaming of non Game Pass games, a...: www.tomsguide.com/news/xbox-cloud-gaming-select-titles “We’re excited to share that later this year, it’s our intent to roll out the ability for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members to play, from the...
  9. If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with...: If I get a non cross-platform game like Naruto ninja storm 4 on Xbox pc app can I play with my friend on xbox ed975e6e-9914-47ca-8bf9-88b2248c10d8
  10. All my non-disk xbox one games have reverted to “trial” versions or have become completely...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All my non-disk xbox one games have reverted to “trial” versions or have become completely...: My Xbox one has been acting up recently and for some reason all disk games are working fine, but all games downloaded off the store, or off gamepass/EA play have become completely unbootable or...