Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?

Discus and support Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I encountered a problem with my Xbox One S and am deciding to do a factory reset. I copied all of my games onto a hard drive and I am wondering if my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Titangamer687, Mar 5, 2021.

  1. Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?


    I encountered a problem with my Xbox One S and am deciding to do a factory reset. I copied all of my games onto a hard drive and I am wondering if my save files from games will be saved onto the hard drive? Seing as my xbox cannot connect to Xbox Live because of an error in a OS update, it cannot automatically reload data from the cloud, so I cannot do a Reset and Keep all my games & apps. I downlaoded everything onto the hard drive, as mentioned above, but I am not certain on the fact if my progress in all my games (both digital and disk) was also transfered onto the drive. Can someone answer this question?

    :)
     
    Titangamer687, Mar 5, 2021
    #1
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

    Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?

    I may be wrong but I don't believe that local save files can be moved or backed up.
  3. Titangamer687 Win User

    Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?

    I forgot to mention I am stuck in the xbox initiation where you setup the console (i.e. language, preferences, etc.) because I wnated to do a reset and keep all my games and apps. I can’t get out of it because my xbox is stuck in a bugged update that won’t reach past 17% in download because I unplugged it in the middle of the night when I didn’t know it was updating. I know it is saved locally but I appreciate the help!
  4. Titangamer687 Win User

    Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?

    Currently I am not connected to Xbox Live because of the error in my OS update, but I am subscribed to Xbox Live. When I reset it, I should be connected to it. Will it transfer then?
  5. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

    Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?

    Hello, it will be saved locally and when connected to internet it will save to the cloud.
  6. Titangamer687 Win User

    Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?

    My files were, in fact, able to transfer onto a 1T+ hard drive and I was able to access the saves on it even after removing and plugging it back into the console. All I want to know is if my progress would be saved, just to be sure I have a back up if something goes wrong in the cloud.
Thema:

Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive?

Loading...
  1. Do my game sabe files get downloaded along with the games when copying them onto a hard drive? - Similar Threads - game sabe files

  2. ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?

    in XboX Insiders
    ...Will we be testing the time limitation for cloud gaming prior to rollout?: Easy, friends. I know I look like the kid who reminds the teacher to give us homework on Friday afternoon. This isn't about agreement or disagreement with the changes, either; its just about what...
  3. Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition)

    in XboX Insiders
    Mythic Achievement not popping in 2 games (Dying Light, Minecraft Xbox One Edition): I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO XBOX, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR ANY POSSIBLE FIXES I CAN DO WHILE I WAIT FOR XBOX TO FIX THIS. I have completed both Minecraft Xbox One Edition and Dying Light’s base...
  4. October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]

    in XboX Insiders
    October 6, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.13.0]: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 6, 2026 -...
  5. October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 5, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.10.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 5, 2026 -...
  6. no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??

    in XboX Insiders
    no mythic achevement for old minecraft (works fine on other games) ??: recently i 100% minecraft xbox one edition it says ive 100% it but the mythic hasent popped i got all the achevements (87/87) and the gamerscore is 2025/2025 but it still says im missing an...
  7. I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue

    in XboX Insiders
    I've not been able to use games and apps for over a month now - ongoing issue: OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/1vst1bu/games_and_apps_crashes_when_navigating_to_full/ I am on skip-ahead 10.0.26100.9620 The bug occurs on all rings and production build,...
  8. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  9. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  10. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...