Do I need Xbox live for free games and to join parties

Discus and support Do I need Xbox live for free games and to join parties in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I want to buy an Xbox one series S, but don’t want to pay for any subscriptions. My friends and I only play the free online multiplayer games. I saw... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Vekicjacobvekic1, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Do I need Xbox live for free games and to join parties

I want to buy an Xbox one series S, but don’t want to pay for any subscriptions. My friends and I only play the free online multiplayer games. I saw something saying that Xbox made it to where you don’t have to pay a subscription to use free to play games (like rocket league) and join private parties. Is this true?

:)

Vekicjacobvekic1, Feb 11, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

3. medium bloke Win User

New set up

Greetings! Welcome to Xbox.

For some games, you need to be signed into an Xbox LIVE account to play, especially if it is an online game.

Xbox LIVE is free if you want a silver account. Xbox LIVE Gold can be purchased, and allows you to play with others, join parties, and more.

Any more questions, just ask!

Welcome again!
  4. kaican Qin Win User

Can I login to my friends Xbox account and buy Xbox game pass for him?

We have format the console by useing usb dive and now there are no more region lock on the Xbox . And this is not the first time I do is . The only thing that I want know is with out the risk for been banned is it possible to login to His account and buy game pass for him. (And I don’t know why he need xbox live to play a free game ,and join party)???
  5. Mythic xSagex Win User

Could anyone tell me how XboxLive works?

You need a Xbox live Gold account to play in online games and Xbox live party chat as well as many other features.

Click the following link for a description of what silver and gold can do:

www.xbox.com/.../Join
  6. Thatz2Ez Win User

Xbox live and game pass

Do i need both subscriptions?
    Hey KennethGilbert2,

If you want to play online and join parties you will need Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass is to get the games.

If you already have a game you want to play, you just need Xbox Live Gold, If you do not have any games you should buy the game pass.

Sincerely, .
Thema:

1. Do I need Xbox live for free games and to join parties - Similar Threads - need live free

2. Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?: For years I have been paying for Live Gold to play Fortnite multiplayer. Tonight, I heard about Live Free/Silver. Some websites say you can play Fortnite with Xbox Live Free. Others say you must...
  3. Do i need a live subscription for free to play games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need a live subscription for free to play games: Hi So I am confused about this change to Xbox live, its says that free to play games dont need a subscription, so do I need one to to play the following: Minecraft, Roblox, Fortnite, Rocket...
  4. Free-to-play multiplayer games no longer need Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Free-to-play multiplayer games no longer need Xbox Live Gold: Hi, This xbox web link below suggests: For free-to-play games, you will no longer need an Xbox Live Gold membership to play those games on Xbox. We are working hard to deliver this change as...
  5. My question is that when free to play games do not need xbox live gold in the delta ring

in XboX Insiders
    My question is that when free to play games do not need xbox live gold in the delta ring: I'm from the delta ring (I have little to beta but I don't think I'll get there in a while) and I want to know when the free to play games will be put in the delta ring submitted by...
  6. Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I still need Xbox live to play free to play games: Hey, Microsoft literally released a article apologizing for making free to play games like fortnite still needing an Xbox live subscription. That statement was about a few months ago and my Xbox...
  7. Cant play free games which I have downloaded it says I need Xbox live pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant play free games which I have downloaded it says I need Xbox live pass?: All, I recently bought an Xbox for my son and he has a couple of the free games downloaded, Roblox etc. He went to play yesterday and he cant seem to play these games they all say he needs an...
  8. I need free Xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need free Xbox live gold: Just let me play for free. 994802bb-3e9a-443c-80ea-d3f2751a9682
  9. Why we need xbox live for free games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why we need xbox live for free games?: I wanna know why xbox is the only platform need xbox live to play free games like fortnite and apex but in ps4 or pc they don't need that you can play free games without plus I dont get it why...
  10. Fortnite free to play need Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite free to play need Xbox live: Why does fortnight says free to play if i need xbox live 77fae529-d43f-4c62-9c2c-f6552d68fd49