Do I need to turn on FreeSync in Asus VP249QGR screen? (Play Warzone in XBOX SX)

Discus and support Do I need to turn on FreeSync in Asus VP249QGR screen? (Play Warzone in XBOX SX) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, Im playing COD:WARZONE and I want as high an FPS as possible. When I enable the FreeSync in ASUS screen menu and enable the option of FPS... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dvir_Dvir, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Dvir_Dvir
    Dvir_Dvir Guest

Do I need to turn on FreeSync in Asus VP249QGR screen? (Play Warzone in XBOX SX)

Hi All,

Im playing COD:WARZONE and I want as high an FPS as possible.

When I enable the FreeSync in ASUS screen menu and enable the option of FPS COUNTER(in ASuS menu too) I see FPS between 90-120 and changes frequently.

but when I disable it I see stable 120FPS but im feeling something strange in the movement(maybe its in my head), So I'm wondering which option is preferred for a higher FPS, I would like any of you to help me please, I spent a lot of money for high FPS, what
    is the correct way ...

thanks all

:)

Dvir_Dvir, Jan 10, 2021
  2. FreestyleFEAR Win User

Is this screen tearing? Please help

Ah gotcha but when I turn do you see anything off? I'm not very tech savvy but idk what exactly im dealing with here lol, and im using a Dell s2721dgf 1440p 144hz (sx only can do 120hz) its an ips panel my asus is a 1440p 165hz va panel

But the dell can only do variable refresh , no other display settings checked but im not even sure if freesync is working.
  3. Red264 Win User

FreeSync on an older Xbox One (not X or S)?

Freesync has to be enabled on a monitor it is rarely ever enabled out of the box so you should have a look in the Asus monitor settings. According to the AMD freesync website the Asus VP28UGQ does support Freesync over HDMI, if it still doesn't work then
    it may need special attention by Xbox team.

The only really useful range of Freesync for Xbox is 30-60Hz and many monitors do not fall into that range. Plus many games are capped at 30fps so simply wont do anything, Freesync needs uncapped frame rates. 60fps games that cannot
    maintain a solid 60 do benefit. Over 60fps would be rare for any Xbox One games and I imagine there is a 60fps cap in place too.
  4. Davide Bianconcini Win User

FreeSync on an older Xbox One (not X or S)?

Freesync has to be enabled on a monitor it is rarely ever enabled out of the box so you should have a look in the Asus monitor settings. According to the AMD freesync website the Asus VP28UGQ does support Freesync over HDMI, if it still doesn't work then
    it may need special attention by Xbox team.

The only really useful range of Freesync for Xbox is 30-60Hz and many monitors do not fall into that range. Plus many games are capped at 30fps so simply wont do anything, Freesync needs uncapped frame rates. 60fps games that cannot
    maintain a solid 60 do benefit. Over 60fps would be rare for any Xbox One games and I imagine there is a 60fps cap in place too.
    what about 120hz output? it's possible on the Xbox One original?
  5. Batlhuber Win User

no freesync on xbox one x with asus vp28qg

Concerning same issue on pc asus says: "RD said it’s normal behavior of HDMI signal, the monitor will judge the signal input and automatically activate FreeSync in HDMI.

Only DP signal need to adjust the FreeSync ON/OFF function."

to be honest, I can't tell whether free-sync is on or not...
  6. Tub0rg 84 Win User

How do you enable FreeSync?

Asus VP28UQG- i think that only supports freesync over Displayport not over the hdmi port
Thema:

1. Do I need to turn on FreeSync in Asus VP249QGR screen? (Play Warzone in XBOX SX) - Similar Threads - need turn FreeSync

2. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  3. Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x needs to reset internal power supply every time it turns off: Hello, My series X was repaired for the 3rd straight time and I just got it back. Now it’s playable, But every time I shut the console off, it will not turn on, main power button won’t do...
  4. I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help: And when I would try a different outlet, it will do the same thing in the when I will try different power cord, it would do the same thing, and I don't really know what to do. I'm kind of scared...
  5. Does Xbox One automatically turn on when a game update is needed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Xbox One automatically turn on when a game update is needed?: Does Xbox one automatically turn on when a game update is needed? 73df773e-6b78-4ca6-9688-e1c08179cddd
  6. Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need turn on auto HDR if I already adjusted my HDR settings on my Series X?: I'm wondering if adjusting the HDR settings would conflict with auto HDR when playing games that features it. adf94f5f-1e53-4f3f-9c6e-1d7b653522ce
  7. Xbox won’t turn on: advice needed

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t turn on: advice needed: I have not used my Xbox in months but have tried doing so in the last day or two. It has been sat in my room on the floor for months (without damage). Despite multiple attempts using different...
  8. I need help because my Xbox one won't turn on and no bling noise

in XboX Insiders
    I need help because my Xbox one won't turn on and no bling noise: When I was turning on the Xbox one, it didn't work, and I'm not hearing noise when you press the Xbox logo, so please help me and also the Xbox logo is not lighting up and again I don't hear a...
  9. hi i need help i cant turn on atomic heart game on xbox game pass ultimate on pc? why ?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hi i need help i cant turn on atomic heart game on xbox game pass ultimate on pc? why ?...: hello, I need help, I bought game pass ultimate because of atomic heart, after 2 days of playing it doesn't turn on, what about it? df1178ac-77ed-40ec-9ea9-9f79cad06cd7
  10. Why do I need to factory reset my Xbox every time I want to play.When I turn on my Xbox it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I need to factory reset my Xbox every time I want to play.When I turn on my Xbox it...: My Xbox would constantly overheat while playing games and recently every time I want to play it just stays on the green loading screen for around 10 minutes.I constantly have to do factory resets...