Do I need to purchase minecraft again?

Discus and support Do I need to purchase minecraft again? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I migrated my mojang account to a Microsoft account and recently got a new gaming PC. Both my old and new computer run windows 11 but the new PC is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by emilyw8300, Dec 8, 2022.

1. emilyw8300
    emilyw8300 Guest

I migrated my mojang account to a Microsoft account and recently got a new gaming PC. Both my old and new computer run windows 11 but the new PC is higher spec. I’m signed into the same account but I don’t seem to have the option of downloading minecraft onto my new computer and it says I need to buy minecraft even though I already purchased it years ago with the same email address and account. Please help! thanks

:)

emilyw8300, Dec 8, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties playing Minecraft wherein it asked you to buy it again. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Download the game again through: Download Minecraft & Server Software | Minecraft

Make sure that you are signed in with the correct Microsoft Account.

Sing in here to check the games you owned: Log in | Minecraft

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Do I have to purchase Minecraft again?

Hi Luis! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Minecraft.

Based on your description, the error suggests that the system can't find the Minecraft game license on your Microsoft account.

Your Minecraft account must have migrated to the original Microsoft account email address where it was first created.

In order to fix this, you will need to find the Microsoft account where your Minecraft was migrated and where your Minecraft game license was purchased.

Kindly sign in to all of your Microsoft email accounts on account.microsoft.com > payment and billing > order history > select the date of range when you purchased your Minecraft game.

From there, check if you have any Minecraft transactions. If you have found the transactions, use the same Microsoft account to log in to Minecraft Launcher.

If you're unable to find the Minecraft game transaction, check your other Microsoft email accounts' order history.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Trouble with Minecraft Purchase: iPad to PC Transition

You do not get a free copy of Minecraft on PC if you purchased it on iPad. You still need to purchase it again. That also works for any other platform the game is available on.
  6. WattyNuela Win User

If I get a new Microsoft Account, do I need to purchase Minecraft again?

Hello Nextgen2011, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

Yes, if you create a new Microsoft account, it’s required that you purchase the game again.
    Game licenses are attached to a single Microsoft account, and they’re not transferable.
Thema:

1. Do I need to purchase minecraft again? - Similar Threads - need purchase minecraft

2. My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases: My account was hacked and they bought three gift cards before I locked my card. 2 $10 gift cards and 1 $15 gift card. I need my money back. Order numbers: [mod removed]...
  3. After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After migrating my Mojang/Minecraft account to Microsoft, It says I need to purchase...: Back when I had an old windows 7 PC, I decided to buy Minecraft Java Edition and to my surprise it worked and several updates later, it was barely playable so we threw away the old PC. It has been...
  4. For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?: I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to ask, do i have to buy a completely new...
  5. New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New machine need to install old minecraft version which I purchased in 2021. I can't find a...: [img] I lost my pc which has minecraft installed which i purchased in 2021. Now I want to install the same product in the new laptop. In order history even though I can see the purchase, I cannot...
  6. Need help purchasing Minecraft for Windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help purchasing Minecraft for Windows: When I put the info of my card on Microsoft for Minecraft, it tells me that its having trouble processing payment. 1bad2dc6-9e2b-4ded-a62e-28831f1d530a
  7. Minecraft Bedrock PS4 Needing to purchase game again bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock PS4 Needing to purchase game again bug: I’ve had Minecraft bedrock edition on m ps4 since around 2017. And I recently tried installing it on my new ps4 pro and where the editions button used to be is a new button saying unlock full...
  8. Do I need to purchase a game pass in order to play Minecraft on my pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to purchase a game pass in order to play Minecraft on my pc: My son has Minecraft on his Xbox. He’s trying to buy it on his pc… does he need to buy a game pass in order for him to play on the pc please? Thanks cb8a1e48-01cc-4653-93c9-b6cac30aef2c
  9. Purchased the incorrect Minecraft version for PC. I need version for MAC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased the incorrect Minecraft version for PC. I need version for MAC.: My son just today purchased and downloaded the incorrect Minecraft version. He bought the version for PC, we need the version for MAC. How do I make this simple exchange?! Thanks, Nancy...
  10. If I get a new Microsoft Account, do I need to purchase Minecraft again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I get a new Microsoft Account, do I need to purchase Minecraft again?: So, I have a Microsoft account that has both Minecraft Java & Bedrock purchased. I would like to get a new Microsoft Account, but I don't know if I get a new Microsoft account, would I then need...