Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by...

Discus and support Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by reserving the free space needed?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KavishenMoodley, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by...

Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by reserving the free space needed?

:)

KavishenMoodley, Mar 19, 2023
  2. bowski477 Win User

Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by reserving the free space needed?

It will reserve the free space needed. You do not have to do it manually.
  3. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Xbox Series S - can it be extended with external usb BD drive - to be backward compatible?

No, I did not forget about that, was into buying an extra 1 TB SSD also for Series S/X either way.

But thought it would be ok with Series S regarding power and memory, not targeting 4k.

My installed 70 games today on Xbox One use 1.4 TB(3 TB free), and this is no 4k content that might be forced on you if getting Xbox Series consoles just using disk space. So a couple of downsides going for next gen.

And looking at SSD recently I learned about server grade SSD, that has way longer lifespan - not sure what Series X offer here - you might need to replace in a couple of years.

Only a dozen digital games installed among those if going for Series S.

Now that I have 100/100 mbps on fiber I might do more gaming in future, will see. Still hesitate to download games over 20 GB.

p.s. not sure why notification emails does not work here, it does when buying from store.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  5. Just a Volunteer Win User

Expanding the storage on the new Xbox

Curious. The support site also doesn’t mention that this shouldn’t work. I’ll test other titles and let you know, but I’m sure Forza is the same.
    Excerpt from Xbox series x FAQ

"Note Games optimised for Xbox Series X|S need to be played from the Xbox Series X|S internal SSD or the Storage Expansion Card. "
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
Thema:

Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by...

1. Do I need to leave free space on the series x ssd like a pc or does the os compensate by... - Similar Threads - need leave free

2. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  3. Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?

in XBoX on Windows
    Credentials Needed. Hacker? Someone in China?: I keep getting an email notification that credentials are needed to sign into my account . I have checked my sign in activity and someone in China is trying to continuously log in to my account....
  4. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  5. I need help updating my xbox x

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help updating my xbox x: need help updating my xbox x but it keeps diplaing error code 80070570 00000000 00000301 i tried waiting it out but no luck and no one else seems to have had this error code before. Please help...
  6. I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360, does the console need any update: Does my Xbox 360 console need any updates that I am not aware of 70a07d6f-ae55-4f3c-8c1f-41f88fb585b2
  7. Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?

in XBoX on Windows
    Do I Need A Xbox Series X or S To Have 4K Resolution At 120hz?: This is my TV: TCL 85-Inch Q6 QLED 4K Smart TV with Google TV, Streaming UHD, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, HDR Pro+, Game Accelerator Enhanced Gaming, Voice Remote, Compatible with Alexa (85Q650G,...
  8. need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...

in XBoX on Windows
    need help understanding, the way strikes work and fairness of the system . of a years...: I understand it is not easy to or may be impossible to alter the outcome, but I would appreciate some guidance. I'm a support worker caring for a young person who has been issued a year-long...
  9. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  10. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...