Do I need to go onto the actual Xbox to set screen time limits?

Discus and support Do I need to go onto the actual Xbox to set screen time limits? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Please show me how to set screen limits. Do I need to go on the Xbox itself as well as Microsoft family? Very frustrated at the moment as my son seems... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by coehipkin, Jul 29, 2018.

1. coehipkin
    coehipkin Guest

Please show me how to set screen limits. Do I need to go on the Xbox itself as well as Microsoft family? Very frustrated at the moment as my son seems to be able to have unlimited use and I have set it for 2 hours a day during the holidays. He is 13 and
    got the Xbox for his birthday last month. A novelty perhaps but I need to set limits or he will be on it a lot more.

:)

coehipkin, Jul 29, 2018
  2. DopeGum
    DopeGum Guest
    Should I stream to Windows 10 or buy a new monitor?

Hi Marlin Do I need to go onto the actual Xbox to set screen time limits? :) To initailly set up your new Xbox One you will need a screen to go through the initial setup. The streaming option is great if you have a good router with a good speed and no interferences, but it may eventually give some problems if any of
    the requirements are not met, also there is a very slight delay between the actual screen and the streamed version which would make it difficult to play games where you need a quick reaction time. So I would personally suggest to get a screen for it if possible
    Do I need to go onto the actual Xbox to set screen time limits? :)

DopeGum, Jul 29, 2018
  3. XBF Felixx P
    XBF Felixx P Guest
    we can't process your payment

Hi
    TheDreamyWriter

You also have the option to go to your local store, grocery store or game store and purchase a Microsoft currency card and just

load the money onto it.. and redeem it onto your Microsoft account to be able to make the purchase. Also, I agree with the

comments above about speaking to an actual Xbox Live voice agent so they can get into your Microsoft billing account and see

what the issue is with your payment instrument. Follow the link below to set up a call back from an actual agent

Xbox Support: What do you need help with?

I hope that helps!

Felix

xbox support forums

XBF Felixx P, Jul 29, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Jul 29, 2018
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. Mister Taurus Win User

Can I move my Xbox One profile from one MS account to another?

So if I create another adult account I can manage the adult account he is already using? I didn’t think you could manage the screen time on an adult account. How do I do that? It doesn’t give me the option to set screen time limits for the adult account
    he is using. I created a second adult account but it doesn’t let me set the screen time limits on the other adult account.
    You're actually correct, if limiting game time is the goal, you would not be able to do that to an adult account. This means the alternative suggestion would be the way to go for this scenario.
  7. Chae247 Win User

Child won’t accept invitation from parent

Is he account an actual child account that is in a family with an adult? If so you can always go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028244/microsoft-account-set-up-screen-time-limits-for-your-child to see about setting up the time limits for the
    child account for Xbox and Windows 10 Devices.
  8. Phoenix_Reins Win User

Child screen time : Just press B to close message

9. SammieChaos Win User

sleep timer

You can set time limits by creating a child account for the person you are wanting to add these limits to. All you'll need to do is set up a
    Family Account then add your child to that account.

If you need help with setting up Screen Time, you can find the step by step instructions here; Set up screen
    time limits for your child
Thema:

1. Do I need to go onto the actual Xbox to set screen time limits? - Similar Threads - need onto actual

2. Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now

in XboX Insiders
    Help Needed: Can't Join Friends or Receive Invites in Forza via GeForce Now: Hi everyone, I'm reaching out to the community for some assistance with an issue I've been facing while playing Forza Horizon through GeForce Now. Despite trying various fixes, I'm stuck and could...
  3. What do I need to download onto my skypad 8 to be able to run the Xbox Kinect for my sls...

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I need to download onto my skypad 8 to be able to run the Xbox Kinect for my sls...: I did download a couple of apps for the Kinect through Microsoft but when I try to open the program it says I have nothing that can read the app. I downloaded win zip and PDF reader and still it...
  4. I want to get my games off my Xbox 360 account onto my Xbox 1 but it tells me I need my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to get my games off my Xbox 360 account onto my Xbox 1 but it tells me I need my...: I want to get my games off my Xbox 360 which I found and rebooted after a couple years but when I log in it tells me I need my email and password and I bought the Xbox ages ago so it wasn't my...
  5. When i try to log onto my Xbox account it says "you'll need internet for this". But the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    When i try to log onto my Xbox account it says "you'll need internet for this". But the...: Just one account on my Xbox does this 19c6b0a4-f846-4f52-9a05-7eb6cce4f380
  6. I need to transfer games and data from my Auntie account onto my account how can you help...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to transfer games and data from my Auntie account onto my account how can you help...: I need help transfers my games and data from my Auntie Xbox Account onto my account how can I do it Please help?! f2bbe270-e1c6-4762-9c99-f8f5dacaf918
  7. I signed onto my xbox with my dads account and i need to use mine

in XBoX on Consoles
    I signed onto my xbox with my dads account and i need to use mine: when i got my xbox, i forgot my password and i logged into my dads account. I want to use my account because my dad might delete the account and i will lose everything. i have so much games and...
  8. When I try to log onto assassin’s creed odyssey, I instantly get message saying that I need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to log onto assassin’s creed odyssey, I instantly get message saying that I need...: Does this delete all my data for every game fc51182d-05fc-4555-9f6a-e670c6b782c6
  9. Need to download xbox accesories app onto Xbox One.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to download xbox accesories app onto Xbox One.: My son mistakenly deleted it. The app is not unavalible on xbox store anymore. How can I gain access to download again? bfb8204e-5e62-40f2-a319-5b2d9b261167
  10. Renewed subscription, but when log onto game advises need xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Renewed subscription, but when log onto game advises need xbox live: I renewed the xbox360 gold subscription after it expired over a month ago. When I log into the xbox360 it acknowledges my subscription, but once I join Minecraft and try to join a friend to chat...