Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?

Discus and support Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello, I want to play minecraft with a friend but we do not have live gold. My friend and I are both on a Xbox device and want to play together, Is... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Kalyan Meesala, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?

Hello, I want to play minecraft with a friend but we do not have live gold. My friend and I are both on a Xbox device and want to play together, Is Live gold mandatory?

:)

Kalyan Meesala, Dec 4, 2022
  2. mckiller741996 Win User

Xbox Live Subscription

Id like to play Minecraft with my son and his friends online. Do I need a second Xbox Live Gold subscription to do this?
  3. Reed Luster Win User

In Minecraft it says "you cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up.".

I Believe that you do not need Xbox live gold to play Minecraft
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Live Gold

No, you do not need Gold to play Minecraft, if playing single player. If your son wants to play Minecraft with his friends online, then yes he will need Gold, as you need Gold to play online multiplayer on Xbox consoles.

To find out the benefits of having Gold, have a look here https://bit.ly/3frvNIo
  5. Dbole007 Win User

two remotes, one counsel, how many xbox live gold accounts do i need to play online with friends

From what you say, it sounds like you were both playing while you had the trial membership. Do you and your brother both have seprate gamertags on the same console? IF you do, then to both play on the same game with friends, with your respective gamertag
    ids, you will both need to have xbox live accounts, You can do a family gold xbox live subscription, then it would also give you a total of 4 xbox gold accounts for the price of 2.
  6. DimApollo9871 Win User

!!cant play offline two player mode anyone have any ideas hit me up!!

i have minecraft on my daughters xbox, she has her own xbox live account but is not a gold member and when she plays minecraft she cannot have a quest come in,,i have tried everything even created two new accounts and nothing.. i need help... BTW the multiplayer
    minecraft on my xbox works fine both offline and online....
Thema:

Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?

1. Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)? - Similar Threads - need Live Gold

2. I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?: I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge $59.00 because I have not had a gaming account for two years. a476b7eb-1748-4709-9174-f3071b2ce514
  3. do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3: would very much like to know if i can get the golden and diamond keys in borderlands 3 just by progressing in the game, or do i need an x-box live account, 6a959c65-0ce2-4cbc-873e-18266d3b5e11
  4. I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass: I can not play Remnant 2 , it won't let me login . Says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass c0926a84-7c92-4e5b-81ac-675b788f4aba
  5. I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?: Hi, so I own minecraft and I share live gold with someone but the problem is I still need Xbox live gold? I don't pay for it but I have It and It still won't let me play online. I tried...
  6. i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...: i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew your game pass even tho it’s still current what do i do? 078dbd88-dbc6-42f1-b5e4-f7eae839ba33
  7. Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...: Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical copy) 07d9a1dc-bdad-4783-b9d8-2b622dfe6663
  8. Do I need 2 gold live accounts?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need 2 gold live accounts?: My son and I both have Xbox consoles and we both have a gold live account( His is under my wife’s email). Can we play fortnite for example simultaneously with one account or do I need to keep 2...
  9. Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?: For years I have been paying for Live Gold to play Fortnite multiplayer. Tonight, I heard about Live Free/Silver. Some websites say you can play Fortnite with Xbox Live Free. Others say you must...
  10. It says "Looks like you need to renew xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate" when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It says "Looks like you need to renew xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate" when I...: I'm trying to play a game I haven't played in a few years but when I decided to play it, it comes up with a problem. It wants me to renew my memberships although they have already been renewed and...