do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

Discus and support do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Prior to purchasing the console I inquired about headphones needing the adapter or could I plug into Controller and use. Was told by two "gamer"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Pawn657, Jan 22, 2019.

  1. Pawn657
    Pawn657 Guest

    do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?


    Prior to purchasing the console I inquired about headphones needing the adapter or could I plug into Controller and use. Was told by two "gamer" support people that it was not required. Unfortunately that is not the case. When I plug into controller, no
    sound. Is it my headphones or do I need an adapter? If so do I need Xbox one or can I use Turtle Bay? Trying to use with Dolby Atmos. Thanks in advance.

    :)
     
    Pawn657, Jan 22, 2019
    #1
  2. MXR Alpha Elite Win User

    do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

    You should be able to use the headphones on the Xbox One X as it doesn't require any adapter for headphones.
  3. choppyseize Win User

    do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

    How old is the controller you're using? If it's the one that came with the Xbox one X you shouldn't need an adapter, Some headsets require firmware updates and downloads before use, You may want to check the Turtle Beach site to make sure that's not the
    case for yours
  4. zmaster2XXX Win User

    do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

    It's definitely easier to use certain functions with the headset adapter, but it is not required - the 3.5mm jack is plug and play.
  5. T00G3Y Win User

    do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

    as someone who ones one, the controller comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack which was plug and play. i bought the xbox stereo headphones which comes with an adapter for volume controls, muting etc
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

    do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

    Things to try:

    1. Set your audio to your headset to Stereo Uncompressed in the audio settings.

    2. Check the chat mixer: Open the guide with the Xbox button and go down to settings > make sure the sliders are set correctly and it isn't set all the way to chat and not in the middle so you can hear game sound/sound in general.

    3. Update your controller's firmware.

    4. Assign the controller to your account:

    1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Under Kinect & devices, select Devices & accessories.
    5. Select the controller. The current account assigned to that controller is indicated.
    6. To assign the controller to another account, select the account currently assigned to it.
    7. Select Assign to someone.
    8. Select the account that you want to assign to the controller.

    5. Try the stereo headset adapter from Microsoft, not the Turtle Beach one.
Thema:

do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers?

Loading...
  1. do I need adapter to use headphones with Xbox One X controllers? - Similar Threads - need adapter headphones

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  5. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  6. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  7. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 44c096fb-f60c-480b-a9a6-52b7ad237817
  8. does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to...: does windows 11 have built in Xbox wireless ability or do i still need the adapter to connect my turtle beach stealth 600 gen 2 xbox headset to my pc? 97179966-61f9-4f9a-9fc7-c9977172de08
  9. For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    For an Xbox one Kinect, do i need to purchase a new adapter?: I have an Xbox one kinect that my mother recently bought for my Xbox one S, yet it doesnt match any of the ports on the back of my xbox. So i have to ask, do i have to buy a completely new...
  10. I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox

    in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox: I have a 75% hear loss in my left ear and I can not use a regular headset. The bones in my ears work but the drum is deformed. I have discovered conduction headsets that send sound through my...