Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?

Discus and support Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi Folks My daughter already has a One S and we're about to buy a One X for the rest of the family. Will we need a second Live membership for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Revetts, Jun 8, 2019.

  1. Revetts
    Revetts Guest

    Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?


    Hi Folks

    My daughter already has a One S and we're about to buy a One X for the rest of the family.

    Will we need a second Live membership for the second console or will we able to use the same membership on both consoles - e.g. so that we can play multiplayer games on both consoles at the same time?

    Thanks for your help

    Rev

    :)
     
    Revetts, Jun 8, 2019
    #1
  2. Northern Lass Win User

    Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?

    If you created a new profile for the XboxOne and also added your daughters account onto that console that you could play multiplayer on that console without a seperate live account if you set the new console as the Home console.

    To do this while you are logged onto your daughters account select

    System > Settings > Personalisation and My Home Xbox and select Make this my home xbox.
  3. Galaxy Golden Win User

    Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?

    Xbox live memberships are connected to accounts, so it is possible to use it on a different console.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

    Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?

    Let me explain it for you.

    You have 2 consoles

    CA = console a

    CB= console b

    A gold subscription allows you to play multiplayer games and chat with other players online.

    Subscriptions go with accounts Not consoles

    No matter what console an account is signed into it will always be able to use any subscription and any digital games that have been bought on that account.

    Each account can set one console at a time as its home console and any other profile on that console can then use (share) its subscriptions and play its digital games.

    I'll use your case as an example.

    You said your daughter has a One S and are about to get a One X for the rest of the family.

    I am assuming that your daughter has a Gold subscription already so no matter which console she is signed into she would always be able to use the gold subscription.

    Now if you want any of the other members of your family to be able to use her gold subscription without having to purchase another one AND the only console that they use is the One X then you would set the One X console as your daughters profiles home console.

    Now keep in mind that Each profile can switch which console it has set as its home console only FIVE times a year.

    Hope this explains things a little better for you if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
  5. Outdrag Win User

    Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?

    For the second console add the account with gold to the new console then set it as your home xbox.
  6. C4PT41N 4MERIC4 Win User

    Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?

    You can't be signed in to the same account in two places at one time. You will need another membership
Thema:

Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console?

Loading...
  1. Do I need a separate XBox Live membership for each console? - Similar Threads - need separate Live

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  5. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  6. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  7. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  8. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  9. Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...: Just wondering what ring I would need to update my Xbox to get the update on Monday? (I’m not sure it’s been announced yet? ) submitted by /u/falkirkboi [link] [comments]
  10. Do you need separate accounts if 2 people are playing Xbox?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do you need separate accounts if 2 people are playing Xbox?: I was wondering this just because I am looking forward to buy an Xbox One Wireless Controller. If i do need a separate account that’s fine. Hope this pretty explains my question....