Do I need a new headset?

Discus and support Do I need a new headset? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We can hear other players talk and they can hear us talk but there is no game audio or any other audio coming through the headset. Headset chat mixer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jenny Steen, May 18, 2024.

1. Jenny Steen
    Jenny Steen Guest

Do I need a new headset?

We can hear other players talk and they can hear us talk but there is no game audio or any other audio coming through the headset. Headset chat mixer is grayed out, all audio is up and the headset is plugged on correctly I've tried trouble shooting various ways as suggested via other people's questions, but nothing has worked. The same issues happen through a different controller aswell? Is it a headset issue or xbox issue?

:)

Jenny Steen, May 18, 2024
  2. bowski477 Win User

Do I need a new headset?

What kind of headset are you using?
  3. MadCheese1337 Win User

Do I need the headset adapter with the new controller?

uh i used x07 pro and astro 50s on them even the skullcandy plyr1 headset works on the new controller.

and yeah the new controller also has the port for old 1st party accessories.

if you use the built in jack your volume and chat sounds can be found in settings/devices&Accessories/Xbox wireless controller/ LEFT side bottom 2 options.

IF you use the chat adapter these options will be grayed out.

IF you plugged the chat adapter in while you had the console already running or ingame you will have to make sure the controller is assigned to you.
  4. Eagl97 Win User

I can't get my Turtle Beach Seven or my Astro A50 to work with the new controller
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

If the headset you are talking about has a 3.5mm jack to plug into it then you won't need the adapter anymore. However since it still has the old port aswell you can still use it if you choose to
  6. Eric Sauco Win User

Need a new headset!!!

Actually try this:

amazon.com/.../B00NY5YYQE

You pay a premium when you buy a turtle beach headset just for the name brand.

I tried both headset on Walmart and was impress at how awesome the sound was for Afterflow headset.
Thema:

Do I need a new headset?

1. Do I need a new headset? - Similar Threads - need headset

2. I need help with this headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help with this headset: I have a problem with my wireless RAZOR headset, out of nowhere it just doesn't work at all. None of the buttons do anything and the light has been green for 3-4 hours. I don't what what to do...
  3. I need to install a headset On my game, its not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to install a headset On my game, its not working: I want to install a headset, it will not workYy d467efea-df0b-4986-b12c-1e4fa57f9f00
  4. Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.: my chat mixer is grayed out and I do not know what to do now, I have tried to unplug and replug my headphones and that did not work, I have updated my controller but that did not work, and have...
  5. Need help with my Xbox Wireless Headset not working properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with my Xbox Wireless Headset not working properly.: My xbox wireless headset connects to my pc (windows 11), but doesnt play any sound and the mic is not recognised either. My headset is up to date on updates and so is my windows. Other wireless...
  6. I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a Bluetooth adapter for headset and microphone on Xbox: I have a 75% hear loss in my left ear and I can not use a regular headset. The bones in my ears work but the drum is deformed. I have discovered conduction headsets that send sound through my...
  7. Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator

in XboX Insiders
    Improving the Xbox Wireless Headset: The Need for a Precise Volume Indicator: I’ve been a daily user of the Xbox Wireless Headset since its release, and I must say, it’s been a fantastic experience. However, there’s one aspect that has been a consistent source of...
  8. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  9. Need help with rig 800 hx xbox headset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with rig 800 hx xbox headset: A friend of mine is having trouble with her rig 800 hx for xbox and we have looked on the internet for some answers and there is nothing on here about her problem, everytime she logs into multiple...
  10. Need to replace xbox stereo headset cable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to replace xbox stereo headset cable: Hi. My wonderful cat chewed through my xb1 headset, I don´t know if the cable could be replaced for another one. 238d02d1-aed4-4e79-975f-676aabbc7840