Do I need 2 gold live accounts?

Discus and support Do I need 2 gold live accounts? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son and I both have Xbox consoles and we both have a gold live account( His is under my wife’s email). Can we play fortnite for example... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jeff D'Ambrosio, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Do I need 2 gold live accounts?

My son and I both have Xbox consoles and we both have a gold live account( His is under my wife’s email). Can we play fortnite for example simultaneously with one account or do I need to keep 2 accounts?

:)

Jeff D'Ambrosio, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Jeff D'Ambrosio Win User

So I can keep his subscription and cancel mine? He wants to upgrade his to “ultimate” but I don’t want to pay more a month. I want to still be able to use my skins and whatnot . Does that make sense?
  3. Smwutches Win User

Fortnite doesn't required Gold to play online so you wouldn't need any for that game. If you both plan on playing other games online, you would need at least 1 Gold subscription. The account with the Gold would set one of the consoles as their Home account to share the Gold. The account without Gold would use the Home console and the account with the Gold can use it on the non-Home console. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  4. Alex Cordero12 Win User

Why can't I play multiplayer Minecraft on Xbox?

I'm using someone else's xbox live gold(I have their account signed in), do I need my own Xbox live gold subscription?
  5. Emporer Titan Win User

Got 2 gamertags - do I need 2 xbobx live gold accounts?

Nothings ever easy, I have two gametags too, but I only need one lol! This isn't even the gametag I use. I just typed in the first live ID to post on these forums!
  6. EdragonXX Win User

Got 2 gamertags - do I need 2 xbobx live gold accounts?

1. Unsolveable. There is no options to merge different accounts.

2. Gold membership is for gamnertag not for console! So if you want play online with both gamertags you need buy gold membership for both gamertag. If you have more than one gamertag you can always use FAMILY GOLD MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE! Gold membership for
    4 users (cost less than for 2 single memberhsip)!
Thema:

1. Do I need 2 gold live accounts? - Similar Threads - need gold live

2. I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?: I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge $59.00 because I have not had a gaming account for two years. a476b7eb-1748-4709-9174-f3071b2ce514
  3. do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    do i need to have an x-box live account to access the gold and diamond keys in borderlands 3: would very much like to know if i can get the golden and diamond keys in borderlands 3 just by progressing in the game, or do i need an x-box live account, 6a959c65-0ce2-4cbc-873e-18266d3b5e11
  4. I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not sign into Remant 2 , it says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass: I can not play Remnant 2 , it won't let me login . Says I need xbox live gold. But I have ultimate game pass c0926a84-7c92-4e5b-81ac-675b788f4aba
  5. I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need Xbox live gold to play ONLINE minecraft but I have Xbox live?: Hi, so I own minecraft and I share live gold with someone but the problem is I still need Xbox live gold? I don't pay for it but I have It and It still won't let me play online. I tried...
  6. i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew...: i have xbox live gold but when i try open rainbow six seige it says you may need to renew your game pass even tho it’s still current what do i do? 078dbd88-dbc6-42f1-b5e4-f7eae839ba33
  7. Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical...: Do i need the xbox gamepass or the xbox live gold to play gta online? (i have the physical copy) 07d9a1dc-bdad-4783-b9d8-2b622dfe6663
  8. Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Do I need Live Gold to play with my friend on minecraft, (Both are on Xbox)?: Hello, I want to play minecraft with a friend but we do not have live gold. My friend and I are both on a Xbox device and want to play together, Is Live gold mandatory?...
  9. Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need Live Gold to play online? Or does Live Free work?: For years I have been paying for Live Gold to play Fortnite multiplayer. Tonight, I heard about Live Free/Silver. Some websites say you can play Fortnite with Xbox Live Free. Others say you must...
  10. It says "Looks like you need to renew xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate" when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It says "Looks like you need to renew xbox live gold or xbox game pass ultimate" when I...: I'm trying to play a game I haven't played in a few years but when I decided to play it, it comes up with a problem. It wants me to renew my memberships although they have already been renewed and...