Do i lose all save data after i uninstall a game?

Discus and support Do i lose all save data after i uninstall a game? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello i was wanting to ask if i lose all save data from a game if it is uninstalled. I ask this because i am reinstalling a game i previously had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AMURICA1134, Oct 14, 2017.

1. AMURICA1134
    AMURICA1134 Guest

Hello i was wanting to ask if i lose all save data from a game if it is uninstalled. I ask this because i am reinstalling a game i previously had installed because of a new update that came out and i was wanting to use some of the stuff from my previous
    saves(including online)and i didnt want to have to start from the start again.

:)

AMURICA1134, Oct 14, 2017
  2. DanKHeaD44
    DanKHeaD44 Guest
    forza not updating

Will I lose all my data if I uninstall the game?

DanKHeaD44, Oct 14, 2017
  3. Moving Save Data on Xbox One

Hi. I want to uninstall a few games but don't want to lose my saves for them. I can't figure out how to move the save data onto a separate drive (USB stick) for safe-keeping and organisation and uninstall the games from my internal and external hard-drives.
    I can't access the save data itself and when I unistalled one game but kept the save data, the game no longer shows in the games list and I can't find the save data to move it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

NicholasMartinBruv, Oct 14, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Save data is separate from game data. So unless you delete the save data also, you won't lose it by uninstalling a game.

Smwutches, Oct 14, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

Save data is separate from game data. So unless you delete the save data also, you won't lose it by uninstalling a game.
  6. HeatherMartin2 Win User

Black screen then not loading

Will I lose all my saved data if I do that?
  7. AridLizard Win User

Battlefield 5 xbox one multiplayer

have you uninstalled the free trial and any save data from that?

you might have to try redownloading the trial and removing the game/save data from all locations then uninstall it and install the full game.

I would recommend doing a power cycle of your Xbox after uninstalling the trial to clear the cache before installing the full game.

hope this helps
  8. zombi5555555 Win User

Xbox loud when playing a certain game.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft. Don't worry, you won't lose any save data, as you're only uninstalling the game. Remember after uninstalling Minecraft to clear system cache 3 times. To do that, go to settings---storage---hard drive---press y
    button---hit yes.

Hope it helps.
  9. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox servers down

Hello Learner,

If all your games have uninstalled, you will need to reinstall them. All your save data is saved to the cloud so you shouldn't lose any of that.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Do i lose all save data after i uninstall a game? - Similar Threads - lose save data

2. My Xbox One external drive is dead. Will I lose all the saved games data/progress?

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox One external drive is dead. Will I lose all the saved games data/progress?: My external drive for Xbox One has likely died :( Will I lose all the saved games data, or will it all reappear once I reinstall the games? And how would I know if they're stored on the Cloud or...
  3. Xbox losing saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox losing saved data: About a year ago, I went to continue my career on FIFA and it had completely gone. A bit gutting but no big deal - I'm a grown man. I asked online and tried to find a solution but couldn't find...
  4. What will I lose by clearing local saved data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What will I lose by clearing local saved data?: I have an issue on Minecraft Xbox One Edition which won't let me play it. It seems that the best option to fix it is by clearing my local save data. It says that next time I load up the game, it...
  5. Can I back up game data without Live / will I lose saved data when reinstalling Minecraft?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I back up game data without Live / will I lose saved data when reinstalling Minecraft?: We use Minecraft on disk, and have never had Xbox Live. Since the last update, Minecraft is no longer loading beyond the initial Mojang screen, so I think I need to reinstall it. I don't want to...
  6. What Causes To Lose My Entire Save Data For My game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What Causes To Lose My Entire Save Data For My game: When I lost My save data for my game more than once. I was curious about How I lost my save data, Anything time when the game's loading I feel anxious that I will lose my data and it would show...
  7. Saved data corrupted, do not load the game. How not to lose progress when this happens. XONE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Saved data corrupted, do not load the game. How not to lose progress when this happens. XONE: I recently lost all my progress in the campaign of a game, because the game did not load the save, that is, the saved data were corrupted. I wonder if there's any way I can not lose my progress if...
  8. Xbox One - Accidentally clicked the wrong option upon launching, causing me to lose saved data?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Accidentally clicked the wrong option upon launching, causing me to lose saved data?: Hello there. As of recently i have been playing my fair share of Banjo Tooie for the xbox 360 via backwards compatibility. I have two xboxs, one at my moms (where i’ve been playing) and one at my...
  9. Losing hours of saved data, on all games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Losing hours of saved data, on all games.: So, I had to move to another state recently, and in doing that means I have to go without internet for a while. So I downloaded some games so I wouldn't be bored for the time being (MGSV and...
  10. I lose my saved data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I lose my saved data?: I lose my saved data if I switch from one xbox to one s? ff98f77f-2beb-4df9-a03e-85af4c3f97b3