Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X?

Discus and support Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m currently looking at monitors and I keep seeing that 144hz AND Freesync is only available through a Display Port or DVI and not HDMI. Since thats... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hockeybea5t, Jan 29, 2019.

  1. hockeybea5t
    hockeybea5t Guest

    Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X?


    I’m currently looking at monitors and I keep seeing that 144hz AND Freesync is only available through a Display Port or DVI and not HDMI. Since thats not an option on my Xbox One X should I just buy any monitor that supports 144hz knowing that my Xbox will
    only push 120hz and not support freesync over HDMI? To my understanding there is no difference in the monitor I get except for the fact that it’s 144hz. In other words, if I buy a monitor thats 144hz with freesync and a monitor thats 144hz without freesync,
    will I notice a difference since I’d be using an HDMI for both? (I’m aware there’s some 4k monitors that support freesync over hdmi but I’m not referring to high end monitors since I am on a budget)

    Thanks to anyone willing to answer my lengthy question!!

    :)
     
    hockeybea5t, Jan 29, 2019
    #1
  2. Wishcatcher Win User

    Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X?

    Hi,

    The only advise i can provide you , its to buy a monitor with 1440p enabled , its a perfect thing for playing on a monitor ;)

    Regards,
  3. ArminatorX Win User

    Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X?

    You don't "need" a Freesync monitor. The Xbox One X will run perfectly fine on any "normal" monitor. However, it won't use the increased refresh rate.

    Freesync only eliminates an effect called "tearing", which happens when the console draws a newly rendered image before the TV has finished drawing the previous image on the screen.

    If the image is scrolling horizontally, it will appear as if someone cut the image horizontally, and shifted the other part a bit sideways. So for example a tower, chimney or lamp post or any vertical edge will have a cut in it and be shifted.

    A monitor/TV that works with Xbox One X's Freesync would be the Samsung Q9FN.
  4. Zero Jehuty Win User

    Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X?

    No games run over 60fps. So anything higher then that would be wasted *However most higher TVs DO come with 120hz anyways*

    As for Free Sync it seemed like a neat idea but most games are locked at 30 or 60 so the games that benefit from it would be few.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

    Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X?

    For the best experience you should find a monitor that supports FreeSync 2 over HDMI (most only do it over Display Port) and HDR10 (if you want HDR).

    You could notice a difference between a monitor without freesync and one with freesync regarding screen tearing. I would recommend one with Freesync over HDMI if you can find one.

    And please note that games don't run over 60fps so you would only be getting a minuscule benefit with 120hz with only more smoothness being the benefit.
  6. dr1edker Win User

    Unable to 120Hz at 1440p Even Though Monitor Supports 144Hz at 1440p

    Yeah, my bad - its 1440p/120hz OR 1080p/60hz with freesync .

    My question is - is it possible to turn on freesync 2 with this Agon monitor in 1440p/60hz on xbox one x?
Thema:

Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X?

Loading...
  1. Do I even need a freesync monitor for my Xbox One X? - Similar Threads - need freesync monitor

  2. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  3. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  4. Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?

    in XboX Insiders
    Need Alpha skip ahead! Can I force tier upgrade?: I have been on the omega tier of update preview for nearly a month, I am level 3 on insider, and need an upgrade to alpha tier so I can test a few things. I have tried hard resetting, received a...
  5. please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass

    in XboX Insiders
    please make it where bought online games dont need gamepass: okay so i bought red dead redemption online and i was so happy to try it but when it finally downloaded it told me i need gamepass it seems unfair to me that we need gamepass for a already online...
  6. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  7. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  8. need someone smarter then me lol

    in XboX Insiders
    need someone smarter then me lol: dumb question/post and I know and its in beta lol but I read battlefield 6 should work for disc to digital but mine always says congrats it worked!! but it don't work but I got the GTA remake to...
  9. Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...

    in XboX Insiders
    Does anyone know which ring you will need to be on for the positron update on Monday? Is...: Just wondering what ring I would need to update my Xbox to get the update on Monday? (I’m not sure it’s been announced yet? ) submitted by /u/falkirkboi [link] [comments]
  10. Do I need to turn on FreeSync in Asus VP249QGR screen? (Play Warzone in XBOX SX)

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to turn on FreeSync in Asus VP249QGR screen? (Play Warzone in XBOX SX): Hi All, Im playing COD:WARZONE and I want as high an FPS as possible. When I enable the FreeSync in ASUS screen menu and enable the option of FPS COUNTER(in ASuS menu too) I see FPS between...