DNS what!?

Discus and support DNS what!? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ive been on xbox for 2 years now, and i have always asked myself, " where's the Brits!, or Aussies, or Koreans!" i seem to always hit a largely... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ROB 4 REAL, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ROB 4 REAL
    ROB 4 REAL Guest

DNS what!?

ive been on xbox for 2 years now, and i have always asked myself, " where's the Brits!, or Aussies, or Koreans!" i seem to always hit a largely American group when in online gameplay. rightfully so, since i am in California! sooo, while playing gta5 recently
    i saw on utube how people were entering DNS codes to access a hacked or private server. -something i would NEVER do!- but it got me thinking, since there is a manual setting for DNS login, and since the guy in the utube video ended up accessing a hacked server-
    appearantly some where in Australia, i wondered if there were legit DNS codes, that i could enter manually that would take me to other servers around the world and let me play with more folks than the usual American crowd.????? this post holds no interest
    in hacking or modding or accessing anything illegal, that is not my question or concern, rather thou, i am interested in accessing other servers, with other people, if that's at all possible? and if it is possible and legal,- any idea where i might score some
    legit DNS codes meant for normal use?

:)

ROB 4 REAL, Jan 2, 2014
  2. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    how to speed up your download speed on your xbox one

I thought this would be gone by now.

1. Changing your DNS can improve your download speed but it is not simply because you changed DNS. What happens is if your ISP DNS is bad it can resolve you to node that is not well suited for what you are trying to do. If your ISP DNS is not good this can improve your download speeds.
    2. As it is more likely you hit the Xbox live download cap vs Dns issues. Depending on load the Xbox live server can limit your download speed.
    3. As Indie stated there is a chance that you had ERA's(exclusive resource apps) running and that will limit your download speed.
    4. Changing your DNS to google or Open DNS opens you up to information collection by google for selling to ad companies. At 1 point Cloud fare was offering free dns with a privacy policy.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Jan 2, 2014
  3. SPITFIRE-SIX
    SPITFIRE-SIX Guest
    how to speed up your download speed on your xbox one

I thought this would be gone by now.

1. Changing your DNS can improve your download speed but it is not simply because you changed DNS. What happens is if your ISP DNS is bad it can resolve you to node that is not well suited for what you are trying to do. If your ISP DNS is not good this can improve your download speeds.
    2. As it is more likely you hit the Xbox live download cap vs Dns issues. Depending on load the Xbox live server can limit your download speed.
    3. As Indie stated there is a chance that you had ERA's(exclusive resource apps) running and that will limit your download speed.
    4. Changing your DNS to google or Open DNS opens you up to information collection by google for selling to ad companies. At 1 point Cloud fare was offering free dns with a privacy policy.

SPITFIRE-SIX, Jan 2, 2014
  4. MCBeniu
    MCBeniu Guest

DNS what!?

DNS codes are used to get things quicker on GTA V which will get you banned

MCBeniu, Jan 5, 2014
  5. ROB 4 REAL
    ROB 4 REAL Guest
    wow - really! I think if you want to answer questions that are posted here- you should read the posting first. not only are DNS codes used for GTA, as my posting states- but rather WHAT ELSE CAN I DO WITH DNS CODES! as I have asked in the original posting.
    if there is anyone out there who knows how to read, and has info regarding DNS use, other than hacking in gta- please reply- typical BS.

not to mention-- since im in gta everyday- all those people with high rank to due to using DNS codes - SOME OF THEM HAVE BEEN RESET- BY WAY OF HAVING THIER GTA ONLINE CHARACTER REMOVED. NOW THEY HAVE TO CREATE ANOTHER CHARACTER AND START OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT BANNNED- DUH.

ROB 4 REAL, Jan 6, 2014
  6. MCBeniu
    MCBeniu Guest
    This is the article about Domain Name System

The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical distributed naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the participating entities.
    Most prominently, it translates easily memorized domain names to the numerical IP addresses needed for the purpose of locating computer services and devices worldwide. By providing a worldwide, distributed keyword-based redirection service, the Domain Name
    System is an essential component of the functionality of the Internet.

An often-used analogy to explain the Domain Name System is that it serves as the phone book for the Internet by translating human-friendly computer hostnames into IP addresses. For example, the domain name www.example.com translates to the addresses 93.184.216.119
    (IPv4) and 2606:2800:220:6d:26bf:1447:1097:aa7 (IPv6). Unlike a phone book, the DNS can be quickly updated, allowing a service's location on the network to change without affecting the end users, who continue to use the same host name. Users take advantage
    of this when they use meaningful Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), and e-mail addresses without having to know how the computer actually locates the services.

The Domain Name System distributes the responsibility of assigning domain names and mapping those names to IP addresses by designating authoritative name servers for each domain. Authoritative name servers are assigned to be responsible for their supported
    domains, and may delegate authority over subdomains to other name servers. This mechanism provides distributed and fault tolerant service and was designed to avoid the need for a single central database.

The Domain Name System also specifies the technical functionality of this database service. It defines the DNS protocol, a detailed specification of the data structures and data communication exchanges used in DNS, as part of the Internet Protocol Suite.

The Internet maintains two principal namespaces, the domain name hierarchy[1] and the Internet Protocol (IP) address spaces.[2] The Domain Name System maintains the domain name hierarchy and provides translation services between it and the address spaces.
    Internet name servers and a communication protocol implement the Domain Name System.[3] A DNS name server is a server that stores the DNS records for a domain name, such as address (A or AAAA) records, name server (NS) records, and mail exchanger (MX) records
    (see also list of DNS record types); a DNS name server responds with answers to queries against its database.

It's pretty much a system that when you type in a URL it translates it and then you can view the website I think

A real DNS code does not do hacks or mods

Google has a DNS which is primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4

MCBeniu, Jan 7, 2014
  7. ROB 4 REAL
    ROB 4 REAL Guest
    hmmm.... I understand what you are saying, and I DID read the whole thing. I am asking, I guess, is if I can type in a DNS # and go to a hacked gta lobby ( which is not my question and not something I want to do, but since this has been happening I am wondering)
    can I legitimately alter my DNS # to reach other parts of the world and people. for instance, my current DNS # is set right now on its own, taking me to local lobbies and playing with the usual crowd. SO, if I instead type in a DNS # that will take me into
    a Japanese local lobby so I can play with a whole new set of people. I ask because to me, it does seem like DNS codes act like phone numbers, the right number will dial you into a certain area. I did not know it worked this way until the DNS scandal in gta5.
    and it got me thinking. what do I want then! I would like to manually type in legit DNS codes to take me into foreign lobbies by choice. of course I would need a list of actual codes to do this.

example: lets say my current DNS code is 88.88.88.88 that lets me play with local folks

- if I change it to -88.99.00.88, I will then hit Australia gamers in play, or if I use 99.88.99.00 I go inot japan local lobbies.? I am not sure if thing even work this way, but by manual altering the DNS # and finding myself in a strange lobby, I thought
    I might be able to dial up any gamer lobby around the world. You know what I mean - I don't want to get to anal about it, just had the light go off in my head about it.

ROB 4 REAL, May 7, 2014
  8. DNS what!?

dns Servers should not be what puts you into certain lobbies, they just provide Information to your xbox. you would enter www.xbox.com because we can remember names better than numbers, but if an electronic device tries to contact Servers it is using ip
    addresses which are globally unique, so no matter which dns Server you are using, every Server has to have the same Information, else we would get into conflicts when trying to visit Websites out of our Region.

StefanNeubauer, May 8, 2014
  9. ROB 4 REAL
    ROB 4 REAL Guest
    I see, and I am beginning to understand- im pretty computer illiterate when it comes to tech issues. After seeing that DNS in gtaV were taking people into "other" (modded)lobbies. My thoughts assumed that the DNS coder was the main driver for designating
    a lobby- and with that in mind, I assumed that by manually entering a DNS code, I could choose my own lobby destination, like a japan server, or an Asutralian server. Rather than be at the mercy of the normal, local lobbies I usually find myself in. I assume
    with 20 million xboxers around the world, and www internet out there, I might have been able to utilize DNS code to reach world wide lobbies. But thanks to all for the info-

ROB 4 REAL, Oct 31, 2018
  10. ROB 4 REAL Win User

DNS what!?

I see, and I am beginning to understand- im pretty computer illiterate when it comes to tech issues. After seeing that DNS in gtaV were taking people into "other" (modded)lobbies. My thoughts assumed that the DNS coder was the main driver for designating
    a lobby- and with that in mind, I assumed that by manually entering a DNS code, I could choose my own lobby destination, like a japan server, or an Asutralian server. Rather than be at the mercy of the normal, local lobbies I usually find myself in. I assume
    with 20 million xboxers around the world, and www internet out there, I might have been able to utilize DNS code to reach world wide lobbies. But thanks to all for the info-
  11. ROB 4 REAL Win User

DNS what!?

wow - really! I think if you want to answer questions that are posted here- you should read the posting first. not only are DNS codes used for GTA, as my posting states- but rather WHAT ELSE CAN I DO WITH DNS CODES! as I have asked in the original posting.
    if there is anyone out there who knows how to read, and has info regarding DNS use, other than hacking in gta- please reply- typical BS.

not to mention-- since im in gta everyday- all those people with high rank to due to using DNS codes - SOME OF THEM HAVE BEEN RESET- BY WAY OF HAVING THIER GTA ONLINE CHARACTER REMOVED. NOW THEY HAVE TO CREATE ANOTHER CHARACTER AND START OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOT BANNNED- DUH.
  12. MCBeniu Win User

DNS what!?

This is the article about Domain Name System

The Domain Name System (DNS) is a hierarchical distributed naming system for computers, services, or any resource connected to the Internet or a private network. It associates various information with domain names assigned to each of the participating entities.
    Most prominently, it translates easily memorized domain names to the numerical IP addresses needed for the purpose of locating computer services and devices worldwide. By providing a worldwide, distributed keyword-based redirection service, the Domain Name
    System is an essential component of the functionality of the Internet.

An often-used analogy to explain the Domain Name System is that it serves as the phone book for the Internet by translating human-friendly computer hostnames into IP addresses. For example, the domain name www.example.com translates to the addresses 93.184.216.119
    (IPv4) and 2606:2800:220:6d:26bf:1447:1097:aa7 (IPv6). Unlike a phone book, the DNS can be quickly updated, allowing a service's location on the network to change without affecting the end users, who continue to use the same host name. Users take advantage
    of this when they use meaningful Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), and e-mail addresses without having to know how the computer actually locates the services.

The Domain Name System distributes the responsibility of assigning domain names and mapping those names to IP addresses by designating authoritative name servers for each domain. Authoritative name servers are assigned to be responsible for their supported
    domains, and may delegate authority over subdomains to other name servers. This mechanism provides distributed and fault tolerant service and was designed to avoid the need for a single central database.

The Domain Name System also specifies the technical functionality of this database service. It defines the DNS protocol, a detailed specification of the data structures and data communication exchanges used in DNS, as part of the Internet Protocol Suite.

The Internet maintains two principal namespaces, the domain name hierarchy[1] and the Internet Protocol (IP) address spaces.[2] The Domain Name System maintains the domain name hierarchy and provides translation services between it and the address spaces.
    Internet name servers and a communication protocol implement the Domain Name System.[3] A DNS name server is a server that stores the DNS records for a domain name, such as address (A or AAAA) records, name server (NS) records, and mail exchanger (MX) records
    (see also list of DNS record types); a DNS name server responds with answers to queries against its database.

It's pretty much a system that when you type in a URL it translates it and then you can view the website I think

A real DNS code does not do hacks or mods

Google has a DNS which is primary 8.8.8.8 secondary 8.8.4.4
  13. ROB 4 REAL Win User

DNS what!?

hmmm.... I understand what you are saying, and I DID read the whole thing. I am asking, I guess, is if I can type in a DNS # and go to a hacked gta lobby ( which is not my question and not something I want to do, but since this has been happening I am wondering)
    can I legitimately alter my DNS # to reach other parts of the world and people. for instance, my current DNS # is set right now on its own, taking me to local lobbies and playing with the usual crowd. SO, if I instead type in a DNS # that will take me into
    a Japanese local lobby so I can play with a whole new set of people. I ask because to me, it does seem like DNS codes act like phone numbers, the right number will dial you into a certain area. I did not know it worked this way until the DNS scandal in gta5.
    and it got me thinking. what do I want then! I would like to manually type in legit DNS codes to take me into foreign lobbies by choice. of course I would need a list of actual codes to do this.

example: lets say my current DNS code is 88.88.88.88 that lets me play with local folks

- if I change it to -88.99.00.88, I will then hit Australia gamers in play, or if I use 99.88.99.00 I go inot japan local lobbies.? I am not sure if thing even work this way, but by manual altering the DNS # and finding myself in a strange lobby, I thought
    I might be able to dial up any gamer lobby around the world. You know what I mean - I don't want to get to anal about it, just had the light go off in my head about it.
  14. StefanNeubauer Win User

DNS what!?

dns Servers should not be what puts you into certain lobbies, they just provide Information to your xbox. you would enter www.xbox.com because we can remember names better than numbers, but if an electronic device tries to contact Servers it is using ip
    addresses which are globally unique, so no matter which dns Server you are using, every Server has to have the same Information, else we would get into conflicts when trying to visit Websites out of our Region.
Thema:

DNS what!?

1. DNS what!? - Similar Threads - DNS

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  4. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  5. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  6. Dns error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dns error: Why it's keep showing me dns error I've been trying to fix it like an hour but can't be fix and i still can't go to xbox live pls help me 0a4acdac-ca1d-415a-95e3-391b20e54f2a
  7. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  8. how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I get a disc installed on series X, after resetting and changing DNS to 8888,8844?: I've reset console and tried the well published DNS fix for installing games from a disc. I'm going to see if I can transfer from Xbox One, but would still have the problems for new games....
  9. dns isn’t resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    dns isn’t resolving xbox server names: so i can’t play online games because it keeps saying “DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names” and i’ve already tried restarting the router, hard resetting the xbox, and changing the dns setting...
  10. DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names.: The suggested solution is to unplug router or modem from power for 30 seconds then plug in and try again, but i cant unplug either because i don’t have access to either (i live in student housing...