DNS servers can't be named

Discus and support DNS servers can't be named in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I watched a video on YouTube on how to open ports for xbox, and after I did that, my xbox now says that the dns servers can't be named, and all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ov3rLordof69, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Ov3rLordof69
    Ov3rLordof69 Guest

I watched a video on YouTube on how to open ports for xbox, and after I did that, my xbox now says that the dns servers can't be named, and all my devices won't connect to the internet. I have very little understanding of this stuff, and have no idea what
    is going on!!!!

:)

Ov3rLordof69, Nov 14, 2017
  2. DNS Error?

The DNS server on the inside of my network is a Windows Active Directory Server hosting DNS with forwarders configured to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which are Google's DNS servers.

that said, I've tried replacing the DNS servers with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, as well as the DNS servers provided by my ISP no matter what DNS server I specify it gives me the DNS error. It found it to get the patch, and after the patch it can't sign in.

Alycia Windsong, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Xbox DNS error

my xbox giving me error and not connecting to online..

Error: "you DNS server can't resove Xbox live server names."

I've tried different DNS servers from my ISP by putting manually and also tried google DNS but error still sustain.

any advice would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

NASIR ALI (nasir.ali3), Nov 14, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Afternoon!

It sounds like when you set up your network connection you may have incorrectly set up the DNS. So we can get you on the right path of clearing this up, please check our

Xbox One Network Troubleshooter
    and give all the steps for your particular error a try. Please let us know how it goes DNS servers can't be named :)

Mister Maka, Nov 15, 2017
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Afternoon!

It sounds like when you set up your network connection you may have incorrectly set up the DNS. So we can get you on the right path of clearing this up, please check our

Xbox One Network Troubleshooter
    and give all the steps for your particular error a try. Please let us know how it goes :)
  6. iStr8xLegit Win User

Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"
  7. PCunrecognized Win User

Can microsoft ban me for using DNS server?

DNS is Domain Name System server you really can use any DNS number out there at your own risk. you can use the one from your ISP or you can use public ones like from google.

but no they can't ban you for using another DNS server.
  8. SleetyTax Win User

Issues connecting to xbox live

Mine keeps saying my DNS can't resolve Xbox server names but the other xbox one in my house works fine
  9. Player867070838 Win User

BT Home Hub and Xbox Live

My Xbox hasn't got built in wifi, which is why I'm using an ethernet cable.

I'm getting the error "your dns server can't resolve xbox live server names".

My xbox connects to the network but not the internet.

And I have tried setting Googles DNS servers and the OpenDNS servers, which resulted in it not even connecting to the network
Thema:

1. DNS servers can't be named - Similar Threads - DNS servers can't

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  4. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  5. The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names: hi, I m not able to connect to Xbox Live server, tried many options available on Xbox support not able to connect. bc2434ca-803d-473a-93e3-5974354504dd
  6. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: I am on a wired connection using University Internet. My issue started yesterday when my xbox internet randomly shut off. Me and my roommate both have xbox ones that are connected to the internet...
  7. DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.: Before getting started with these steps, you will want to make sure that you have your wireless password if you are on a wireless connection. These steps will clear out any manual settings you...
  8. DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names: Hi, I have been going out of my mind here trying to connect my machine. I have my connection coming in from a fibre optic cable to my router to my pc's and my xbox machine. All setup fine,...
  9. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.: I have been having this issue for a few days now, 3 or 4 now at least, i have done everything, from restarting the modem/gateway i have from comcast to simply restoring network settings to factory...
  10. DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names: What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, California Modem brand & model number: Aris TG862 Router brand & model number: Same If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter,...