DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names

Discus and support DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, California Modem brand & model number: Aris TG862 Router brand & model number: Same If Wireless, are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SvenTheVengeful, Jan 2, 2014.

1. DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US, California

Modem brand & model number:
    Aris TG862

Router brand & model number:
    Same

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
    wired

Any Error Codes you encounter:

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-F001

Y: 0000-0000

Z: 8015-1904

ID: 0002-0002

L: 0015-10F1

Q: 8007-0435

T: Wired

A: 10.0.0.0.14/255.255.255.0

G: 10.0.0.1

D: 75.75.75.75 / 75.75.76.76

I just moved into a new apartment and took my router/modem with me, went to Comcast and switched the address over and everything. Hadn't tried my xbox, but it worked perfectly fine at my old apartment, now it won't connect due the not being able to find the
    DNS Server. Tried everything from the thread, used the Google DNS servers. Was told to go to Comcast's network settup page (http://10.0.0.1) and find something about restoring DNHS settings, restored everything I could, still no luck. Any sort of advice would
    be helpful at this time, thank you.

:)

SvenTheVengeful, Jan 2, 2014
  2. iStr8xLegit
    iStr8xLegit Guest
    Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"

iStr8xLegit, Jan 2, 2014
  3. SleetyTax
    SleetyTax Guest
    Issues connecting to xbox live

Mine keeps saying my DNS can't resolve Xbox server names but the other xbox one in my house works fine

SleetyTax, Jan 2, 2014
  4. DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names

I'm in the same boat as you, i have comcast as well, i was able to connect about 4 days ago, well almost 5 now. Same problems, same Dns server address as you. I don't know if it's something between comcast and xbox, or what, i tried to ping from my computer
    to Xbox.com lost about 75% of the packets, if i call comcast they'll just either try reseting my gateway or telling me that it's my devices which is false information as these devices have never caused this issue with xbox live. I've tried everything, i tried
    wired, i've tried resetting the gateway, i've done the clear cache, i've restored the wireless adapter to factory settings, everything i have tried did nothing. so It's on comcast and xbox at this point. So, anyone that has any info on this, any help would
    be nice.

MythicShadowolf, Jul 25, 2014
  5. StefanNeubauer, Jul 25, 2014
  6. JeroenBoom
    JeroenBoom Guest
    Reading this info it can be a problem if you move to an other location. I don't know how old the equipment is, but they say after a phone call to comcast would help you to see if the equipment is compatible and responding correctly or returning your equipment
    you'll get a new one.
    customer.comcast.com/.../transferring-service-to-a-new-location
    Maybe this will help you out a step further.

JeroenBoom, Oct 31, 2018
  7. iStr8xLegit Win User

Bridge connections help!

"Your DNS server can't resolve the names of the Xbox LIVE servers or Xbox.com"
  8. LucasChalk Win User

Dns is not resolving xbox server names

I have contacted my internet service provider and gadget rescue but they couldn't help
  9. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello LucasChalk,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that your console is getting a DNS error at random times. We have a support article that provides troubleshooting for

the DNS error message on Xbox One
    . This issue is related to the console's ability to connect to your home network. This error message is generally not seen in DDoS attacks. We recommend trying some of the troubleshooting steps in the article we provided.
    Be sure to let us know the results LucasChalk!
  10. StoRmL0V3sVyRus Win User

Hello , have you contacted anyone about thia?
  11. LucasChalk Win User

I've have tried all steps from 1 to 14 and none of them have worked I don't know what to do. My xbox is brand new and I'm really disappointed that none of these steps fixed it .
Thema:

DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names

1. DNS Server can't resolve xbox user names - Similar Threads - DNS Server can't

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  4. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  5. dns isn’t resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    dns isn’t resolving xbox server names: so i can’t play online games because it keeps saying “DNS isn’t resolving Xbox server names” and i’ve already tried restarting the router, hard resetting the xbox, and changing the dns setting...
  6. The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    The DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names: hi, I m not able to connect to Xbox Live server, tried many options available on Xbox support not able to connect. bc2434ca-803d-473a-93e3-5974354504dd
  7. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: I am on a wired connection using University Internet. My issue started yesterday when my xbox internet randomly shut off. Me and my roommate both have xbox ones that are connected to the internet...
  8. DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS server can't resolve Xbox LIVE server names.: Before getting started with these steps, you will want to make sure that you have your wireless password if you are on a wireless connection. These steps will clear out any manual settings you...
  9. DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error - The DNS server can't resolve xbox live server names: Hi, I have been going out of my mind here trying to connect my machine. I have my connection coming in from a fibre optic cable to my router to my pc's and my xbox machine. All setup fine,...
  10. Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox live server names.: I have been having this issue for a few days now, 3 or 4 now at least, i have done everything, from restarting the modem/gateway i have from comcast to simply restoring network settings to factory...