DNS Isn't Resolving Xbox Server Names When Trying to Connect to WiFi Hotspot on Cell Phone

Discus and support DNS Isn't Resolving Xbox Server Names When Trying to Connect to WiFi Hotspot on Cell Phone in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with my NAT settings and online gaming. Someone suggest I try using my phone as a wireless hot spot. I thought that sounded like a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CrankHeart, Feb 2, 2022.

1. CrankHeart
    CrankHeart Guest

DNS Isn't Resolving Xbox Server Names When Trying to Connect to WiFi Hotspot on Cell Phone

I'm having trouble with my NAT settings and online gaming. Someone suggest I try using my phone as a wireless hot spot. I thought that sounded like a great idea. But every time I try to connect, my Xbox gives me this message, "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names." I've had my phone connected before, but since then I've done a hard reset and had to re-enter some of the numbers manually. I'm worried that might be what done it. Anyone have a clue? Thanks!

:)

CrankHeart, Feb 2, 2022
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey CrankHeart, how are you today? Hope you're well.

CrankHeart, those configurations above will serve only for your router. Not your hotspot on your phone, because, when it comes to your mobile data, you actually can't configure it as you do on your router.

If you're going to use your mobile data on your console:

Press the Xbox button on your controller.

Go to Settings.

Select Network.

Select Network Settings.

Select Advanced Network Settings.

Select DNS Settings.

Select Manual and enter the following: Primary 8.8.8.8. Secondary 8.8.4.4.

And also

Press the Xbox button.

Move right to the System Tab.

Scroll down and select Settings.

Scroll down to Network.

Select Network Settings.

Scroll down and select Advanced Settings.

Scroll down and select Alternate MAC Address.

Select the Clear button, then restart your console.

But, I would suggest you try to use your wi-fi to play online on your console.

As for configuring your router, your ISP are the ones who actually can do it for you.

Or you could check your router's model and look for a tutorial on how you can configure the port forwarding as well as activate the UPnP feature and also put the console's IP in the DMZ zone. :)

Hope this helps.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Try this on your console:

First, clean the cache of your console that way:

1. With the console turned on, hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until you hear a small sound.
    2. Wait 10 seconds.
    3. Turn it back on.

Note: It may take a while for it to turn on, don't worry, it's normal.

Then, restore your console keeping the games and apps:

***IMPORTANT*** If you share accounts with someone, you will have to redo the process of placing the account as the main one again, be aware of the chances you still have to do this, as Microsoft makes available per year, only 5 chances so you can make some account your console's main account.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the dashboard.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console Information >
    3. Select Reset console > Restore and keep my games and apps.
    4. When asked to pull settings from an old Xbox, choose no, thanks
    5. You will have to log in to your accounts again, and when you sign in with your account, make sure you turn it has your home console also, that's it.

NOTE: Rest assured, you won't lose games or saves
  4. CrankHeart Win User

I tried re-entering the DNS and clearing the MAC and I'm still getting "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names" when I got to connect to my mobile hotspot.
  5. LucasQuinello Win User

Hello dear Gamer, it's a pleasure to help you today.

My name is Lucas O

I am a gamer and expert on the XBOX platform.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this situation is causing you.

Welcome to the community.

I hope I can help you in the best way.

To solve NAT type issues, please follow the steps below:

You will call your internet service provider, ask them to set a fixed ip for the console/pc, and ask them to open the ports described below, disable and enable the UPnP function and disable the modem firewall, if you do. have modem and router the process has to be done on both devices.

Ask them to put the IP of the console/pc in the DMZ zone.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Port 500 (UDP)

Port 3544 (UDP)

Port 4500 (UDP)

*I want to thank you for contacting us in advance, it's always a pleasure to help the community.
  6. CrankHeart Win User

...this will help with the wifi hotspot? Or just the NAT settings? Because I've tried opening ports and my ISP said if I don't use their original router then I need to contact my router company, and my router company tells me I need to contact my ISP. So I get nowhere. Which is why I'm trying to do the hotspot.
Thema:

1. DNS Isn't Resolving Xbox Server Names When Trying to Connect to WiFi Hotspot on Cell Phone - Similar Threads - DNS Isn't Resolving

2. Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox error DNS isn't resolving Xbox Server Names.: So I turned on my xbox and found it shows as offline. "Forgot" my wifi, and reset the network. Hard rebooted xbox. Power cycled xbox and router. Checked router settings (no issues), tried...
  3. DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names

in XBoX Accessibility
    DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names: Hi, I've just moved into a new house and I can't get my xbox one to connect to the interent when using the cable. I can however connect to the wifi of the house, but whenever I plug in the cable,...
  4. DNS isn't resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS isn't resolving xbox server names: It happened out of no where. We unplugged our interent router whilst in the midst of doing some wire/cable management and my Xbox was on during the process. Once everything was all plugged back...
  5. DNS isn't resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS isn't resolving xbox server names: Please help me i dont understand what happened 247345b2-c23a-47b6-92b9-50ac0f5f63e0
  6. dns isn't resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    dns isn't resolving xbox server names: dns isn't resolving xbox server names fd3937a6-4a0a-4ed1-9b6b-f741ea8ba2dc
  7. Xbox One DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names: Last night power went out for some reason. Got up this morning Xbox would not connect. Was on last night so I found this odd. Ran through all the support suggestion still didn't work. Everything...
  8. DNS isn't resolving xbox server names

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS isn't resolving xbox server names: Hello, I bought the Xbox One S yesterday, and everything worked fine. But today I wanted to buy something in the store, and it keeps telling me that the dns server isn't resolving xbox server...
  9. DNS Isn't resolving Xbox Server Names?

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Isn't resolving Xbox Server Names?: I'm about to go crazy here. I have a motorola 3360 modem if that matters. I can't do anything with my xbox one what so ever until this is fixed... My playstation 4 starts right up, and connects...
  10. "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names": This just started all of a sudden, its been happening every other day and I just want to fix it permenantly. I've tested the connection and tried most of the solutions and none of them helped....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dns isnt resolving xbox server names hotspot