DNS error on Xbox 360

Discus and support DNS error on Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; How to remove dns error with conection to wi-fi on Xbox 360??? f2717785-20ce-464d-b89b-56892b8b227d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TenablePark488, Mar 5, 2019.

1. DNS error on Xbox 360

How to remove dns error with conection to wi-fi on Xbox 360???

:)

TenablePark488, Mar 5, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

DNS error on Xbox 360

Hello TenablePark488,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. There is an option to
    manually change the DNS
    of the console. We will provide steps on how to complete this process. We recommend making the primary DNS server 8.8.8.8, and establishing the secondary DNS server as 8.8.4.4 in order to resolve this issue. Be sure to let us know
    the results!

1. From the Dashboard, select Settings, and then select
      System
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select your network
    4. Select Configure Network
    5. On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.
    6. Under Edit DNS Settings, select Manual.
    7. Select Primary DNS Server, enter the primary DNS server address, then select
      Done.
    8. Select Secondary DNS Server, enter the secondary DNS server address, select
      Done, and then select Done.
  3. omgjordin Win User

Xbox 360 dns problem

Hello! Thanks for reaching out on the forums. Here are some steps that might help resolve your issue.

Like many other network devices, the Xbox 360 uses the domain name system (DNS) to translate Internet addresses into numerical Internet protocol (IP) addresses. If the console is unable to retrieve the values for the DNS, the Xbox 360 will not be able to
    connect to the Xbox Live network properly. The following demonstrates how to resolve most issues surrounding DNS errors, which can be caused by faulty networking equipment or incorrectly set DNS values.

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console by pressing the power button on the front of the console. If you have a wireless networking adapter installed, unplug it from the USB port. Turn off all wired or wireless hardware capable of supplying an Internet connection
      to the Xbox 360 console; this includes wired and wireless routers and modems.
    2. Turn on the modem and allow it to fully restart. Then, turn on the wired or wireless router connected to the Xbox 360 console and allow it to fully restart. Repeat this process for every other piece of hardware connected to the console.
    3. Turn on the Xbox 360 console and scroll to “My Xbox”. Select “System Settings” and then select “Network Settings”. Choose between “Wired Network” or “Wireless Network” and then select Test Xbox Live Connection. Allow the test to fully complete. If any DNS
      errors persist, move on to the next step.
    4. Enter a manual DNS value for use with the Xbox 360 console. This value can be retrieved from your computer by checking its network settings, or by contacting your ISP. Make sure to copy the values down on a piece of paper. After acquiring the correct DNS
      values, select the wired or wireless network you’re using on your console and select “Configure Network." Choose “DNS Settings” on the “Basic Settings” tab and select Manual. Select “Primary DNS Server” and enter the first DNS value. Select “Secondary DNS
      Server” and enter the second DNS value. Afterwards, test the Xbox Live connection once more.
    5. Use a direct connection to your modem if you still have DNS errors. Directly plug your Xbox 360’s Ethernet cable into the modem. If the DNS error is resolved, you may be having problems with your router. Consult the router’s instruction manual for how to
      resolve this problem.
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

I cant connect to Xbox Live

Have you tried
    this guide
    for DNS errors specifically? It has more troubleshooting steps than the two you mentioned above.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

DNS issue on 360?

6. LemonJungle6223 Win User

DNS error when connecting

I have an Xbox 360 ( Black ) When I connect online me error dns . I contacted an operator xbox telephone company but have not solved ! you have suggestions ? normal procedures change dns console restart etc. were already ' made ​​help me!
Thema:

DNS error on Xbox 360

1. DNS error on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - DNS error 360

2. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  3. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  4. Dns error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dns error: Why it's keep showing me dns error I've been trying to fix it like an hour but can't be fix and i still can't go to xbox live pls help me 0a4acdac-ca1d-415a-95e3-391b20e54f2a
  5. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  6. getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...: is my xbox x network card flaky ? fa3ea43a-c37a-40ec-a1df-825745a8da90
  7. DNS error 80151903 on Xbox 360 while connecting to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS error 80151903 on Xbox 360 while connecting to Xbox live: Whenever i try to connect on xbox live it gives me this error code (80151903). Please suggest some ways to solve this problem. 94a375a5-1524-4a2b-b115-fa1a35cf4cf3
  8. Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error: My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live. We have tried almost all solutions, and the router works just fine. Every time we sign in, it gives us this error: Your console can't connect to Xbox Live....
  9. Xbox 360 DNS error(not connecting to internet)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 DNS error(not connecting to internet): Hi, I just bought Xbox 360 and i can't connect to internet. I've tried Restore to Factory Defaults but failed. When i select Test Xbox Live Connection, it says DNS error "Try turning off your...
  10. DNS Error on XBOX 360 (Original)

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error on XBOX 360 (Original): I have one an original model XBOX 360 which has had no problems connecting to xbox live until Thursday night. Suddenly it kept giving me a DNS error. I ran through all the steps that were listed...