DNS error for only one connection

Discus and support DNS error for only one connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello i have been having a dns error with my zte internet box thingy i dont know the name of it but u put time cards on it like a phone but its only... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wesley Snipes75, Jun 28, 2019.

1. DNS error for only one connection

Hello i have been having a dns error with my zte internet box thingy i dont know the name of it but u put time cards on it like a phone but its only use if for internet and i keep getting a dns error only with this and i tried changing the dns server multipile
    times but i only get dns error but i fixed it with dns code 1,1,1,1. 1,0,0,1 but sadly 10 minutes later i got dns error and it wont work at all now dose anyone have the same problem and dose anyone know how to fix it?

:)

Wesley Snipes75, Jun 28, 2019
  2. SpiffyCorpse Win User

I'd suggest either contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of the box you're talking about as it sounds like it's an issue related to that and not your Xbox.
  3. rogueguy23 Win User

Disconnecting from XBL a few times a day/party chat lags/error msg when signing in.. your console can't connect to XBL

Hi there,

Have you noticed problems with your connection itself? Or does the problem seem local only to the Xbox itself? If it is a DNS error you may want to try connecting to alternate DNS servers other than the ones your ISP offers. Google DNS is a great one:
    developers.google.com/.../public-dns although i'm not sure if that will solve your problem.
  4. Nursemorph Win User

I bought Forza Horizon 4 on steam and played for 50 hours, but today I can not connect to the server

Yes, I'm a Chinese. I am not sure if it's a DNS error. My DNS settings is 114.114.114.114 and 8.8.8.8, 114DNS is provided by all 3 Chinese network operators, I think it's OK.
    It's difficult to say...the current connectivity issue in the game shows up as a DNS error (usually at the bottom of the error message it says something like "check DNS settings")...changing DNS settings makes no difference to it (personally I have tried the default one, Google DNS and Cloudflare DNS)

I suspect either the servers are having issues with DNS or, more likely, the system is seeing whatever the issue is and mistakenly tagging it as a DNS fault
  5. Delirious Brit Win User

Xbox 360 S 250gb Wifi - IP Address Error

Extra information: When I connect to the router using an Ethernet cable, it connects fine. If i unplug the Ethernet cable and then connect via Wi-Fi using manual settings, it connects to the router, giving me the same DNS error as mentioned above. I've ran
    my ipconfig /all and looked up my DNS (192.168.10.1). Entering this in as the primary DNS Server doesn't work, just more DNS errors.
  6. FearedNightmare Win User

DNS unable to resolve xbox server names

Hello Chuunch

Could you try the steps on the following page ?
    support.xbox.com/.../network-connection-error-solution

Just scroll down and click on "DNS isn't resolving Xbox server names"

One of the steps in the troubleshooting guide is to create a manual DNS, if the DNS shown there doesn't work you can try either

GoogleDNS: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

or OpenDNS:208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
Thema:

1. DNS error for only one connection - Similar Threads - DNS error connection

2. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  3. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  4. Dns error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dns error: Why it's keep showing me dns error I've been trying to fix it like an hour but can't be fix and i still can't go to xbox live pls help me 0a4acdac-ca1d-415a-95e3-391b20e54f2a
  5. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  6. getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...: is my xbox x network card flaky ? fa3ea43a-c37a-40ec-a1df-825745a8da90
  7. I have a dns error and 8888 , 8844 is not working is there any thing that can help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a dns error and 8888 , 8844 is not working is there any thing that can help me?: Please help me with this error i had it for a long time and i can't fix it i tried Dns 8888 and 8844 and it didn't work please help e4d37db4-9150-4b53-84bd-aefd56e8de50
  8. Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error: My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live. We have tried almost all solutions, and the router works just fine. Every time we sign in, it gives us this error: Your console can't connect to Xbox Live....
  9. Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect online, get this error message 'Your DNS servers can't resolve the ...: Connected with my modem directly to my Xbox360 (NO ROUTER), all settings automatic, nothing set to manual. Can't connect to Live, & get this message when I try testing connection: "Your DNS...
  10. CONSTANT DNS Error trying to Connect through Laptop.

in XBoX on Consoles
    CONSTANT DNS Error trying to Connect through Laptop.: Hello, Can someone help me please? I've been using the connecting to Xbox Live with Laptop method for years but today it has randomly decided not to work anymore... Earlier today I was playing...