DNS error 80151903 on Xbox 360 while connecting to Xbox live

Discus and support DNS error 80151903 on Xbox 360 while connecting to Xbox live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever i try to connect on xbox live it gives me this error code (80151903). Please suggest some ways to solve this problem.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HamzaAli_882, Apr 11, 2021.

1. HamzaAli_882
    HamzaAli_882 Guest

Whenever i try to connect on xbox live it gives me this error code (80151903). Please suggest some ways to solve this problem.

:)

HamzaAli_882, Apr 11, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Hello there @HamzaAli_882, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I am sorry to know about your issue; However, we have multiple detailed troubleshooting steps for this matter on the official Xbox website to help you take care of it. Before going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the link I was referring to, I would like you to go through the following steps to clear your Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the 360 network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The first link: Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection | Xbox Support

The second link: Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 network connection speed | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. supermm Win User

: DNS problem 80151903

Hi,

Did you try opening the ports that are required for Xbox Live? see https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-360/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

You can also follow these steps described here;

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/connection-error-solution

You can also try setting fixed DNS servers. you can use the ones provided by your ISP or use Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Network Settings.
    3. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network.
    4. Select Configure Network.
    5. On the Basic Settings tab, select DNS Settings.
    6. Select Manual.
    7. Select Primary DNS Server.
    8. Enter the first number you wrote down, and then select Done.
    9. Select Secondary DNS Server.
    10. Enter the second number you wrote down, and then select Done.
    11. Select Done again.
    12. Press the B button on your controller and then select Test Xbox Live Connection.
  4. omgjordin Win User

Xbox 360 dns problem

Hello! Thanks for reaching out on the forums. Here are some steps that might help resolve your issue.

Like many other network devices, the Xbox 360 uses the domain name system (DNS) to translate Internet addresses into numerical Internet protocol (IP) addresses. If the console is unable to retrieve the values for the DNS, the Xbox 360 will not be able to
    connect to the Xbox Live network properly. The following demonstrates how to resolve most issues surrounding DNS errors, which can be caused by faulty networking equipment or incorrectly set DNS values.

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console by pressing the power button on the front of the console. If you have a wireless networking adapter installed, unplug it from the USB port. Turn off all wired or wireless hardware capable of supplying an Internet connection
      to the Xbox 360 console; this includes wired and wireless routers and modems.
    2. Turn on the modem and allow it to fully restart. Then, turn on the wired or wireless router connected to the Xbox 360 console and allow it to fully restart. Repeat this process for every other piece of hardware connected to the console.
    3. Turn on the Xbox 360 console and scroll to “My Xbox”. Select “System Settings” and then select “Network Settings”. Choose between “Wired Network” or “Wireless Network” and then select Test Xbox Live Connection. Allow the test to fully complete. If any DNS
      errors persist, move on to the next step.
    4. Enter a manual DNS value for use with the Xbox 360 console. This value can be retrieved from your computer by checking its network settings, or by contacting your ISP. Make sure to copy the values down on a piece of paper. After acquiring the correct DNS
      values, select the wired or wireless network you’re using on your console and select “Configure Network." Choose “DNS Settings” on the “Basic Settings” tab and select Manual. Select “Primary DNS Server” and enter the first DNS value. Select “Secondary DNS
      Server” and enter the second DNS value. Afterwards, test the Xbox Live connection once more.
    5. Use a direct connection to your modem if you still have DNS errors. Directly plug your Xbox 360’s Ethernet cable into the modem. If the DNS error is resolved, you may be having problems with your router. Consult the router’s instruction manual for how to
      resolve this problem.
  5. HellspawnRei Win User

Can't access to XBOX Live

6. juan van Win User

Can't connect to live, have internet connection, but not xbox live...?

Hi guys'

Ovechkin - what error do you receive after doing the xbox live connection test?

support.xbox.com/.../connect-xbox-live

Venator - What error is give when you run the test? DNS/MTU NAT?
Thema:

1. DNS error 80151903 on Xbox 360 while connecting to Xbox live - Similar Threads - DNS error 80151903

2. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  3. after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away

in XBoX on Consoles
    after selecting "Clear local saved games" i got a DNS error that won't go away: i was having trouble downloading GTA V which i saw a lot of people do and someone said to clear local saved games in settings in which i did, i then booted up my xbox series X to find my...
  4. Dns error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dns error: Why it's keep showing me dns error I've been trying to fix it like an hour but can't be fix and i still can't go to xbox live pls help me 0a4acdac-ca1d-415a-95e3-391b20e54f2a
  5. DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names.: DNS Error, Your DNS server can't resolve Xbox Live server names. I have an old Xbox 360 that connects to the network via internet cable, but it wont connect to the internet, the main error i have...
  6. getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    getting an error where my xbox cannot resolve DNS - happens with wireless and wired...: is my xbox x network card flaky ? fa3ea43a-c37a-40ec-a1df-825745a8da90
  7. I have a dns error and 8888 , 8844 is not working is there any thing that can help me?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a dns error and 8888 , 8844 is not working is there any thing that can help me?: Please help me with this error i had it for a long time and i can't fix it i tried Dns 8888 and 8844 and it didn't work please help e4d37db4-9150-4b53-84bd-aefd56e8de50
  8. Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live: DNS error: My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox Live. We have tried almost all solutions, and the router works just fine. Every time we sign in, it gives us this error: Your console can't connect to Xbox Live....
  9. DNS error for only one connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS error for only one connection: Hello i have been having a dns error with my zte internet box thingy i dont know the name of it but u put time cards on it like a phone but its only use if for internet and i keep getting a dns...
  10. I'm using hot spot which has always worked and this time it says dns error and internet...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    I'm using hot spot which has always worked and this time it says dns error and internet...: I'm using hot spot which has always worked and this time it says dns error and internet wont connect even though my signal strength is 100% I got it to work somehow and was fine then it randomly...