DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series

Discus and support DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Previously I was able to use the "Cast to device" DLNA functionality built into windows (or other dlna "play-to" apps) to play music to my Xbox Series... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Derf2000, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Derf2000
    Derf2000 Guest

Previously I was able to use the "Cast to device" DLNA functionality built into windows (or other dlna "play-to" apps) to play music to my Xbox Series consoles. After being forced to update to the new Windows Media Player app, when I try to play music to the xbox, the Windows Media Player app launches as expected but it does not play the music and the dlna app on the PC complains that there was an "Unexpected device error". I'm still successfully able to play movies to the Tv and Movies app with the same windows "Cast to device" app, so it appears the problem is with the music app on the xbox.

Any tips?

:)

Derf2000, Apr 28, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello Derf2000,

Sorry to hear you are having issues after an update. If you are still experiencing issues, please submit a report using the Report a Problem feature on your console as soon as the error happens again. This will help the Xbox team investigate with a deeper understanding of the cause. For category you can choose the most appropriate one.

Please make sure to add a detailed description of the problem in the Description box.

Instructions on how to report a problem: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

Please add [XBF] in the title, then let me know that you have submitted the bug and post the title here.

Thanks,

Hayabusa
  3. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Groove and music videos?

Hey TimDroz,

As part of bringing the Groove Universal Windows app to Xbox, we lost a few features like Music Videos and DLNA PlayTo and added a few like background audio, Your Groove, and Explore.

We know how loved DLNA PlayTo and Music Videos are and are working to bring them back soon.
  4. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Cant cast to grove music

Hey everyone,

As part of bringing the Groove Universal Windows app to Xbox, we lost a few features like Music Videos and DLNA PlayTo and added a few like background audio, Your Groove, and Explore.

We know how loved DLNA PlayTo and Music Videos are and are working to bring them back soon.
  5. ncinsguy Win User

Groove music

I found this in another thread from a moderator.

6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Media Center

Xbox One will be supporting DLNA on it's media player app with the upcoming October dashboard update, so this should be possible without problems.

It's already possible to stream media towards the One with the windows media player, but with the next update the One will be able to browse for DLNA servers within the network it's connected to.
Thema:

1. DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series - Similar Threads - DLNA PlayTo working

2. Xbox not showing up as a dlna device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not showing up as a dlna device: I cannot find my xbox and connect to it via my android phone as a dlna device for streaming. Share to is enabled, along with device controls. a87227a2-f904-4162-a026-6dbee565dcb1
  3. DLNA broken with new Media Player app?

in XboX Insiders
    DLNA broken with new Media Player app?: A recent Xbox update included a new "Media Player" app. This app replaced Groove Music and automatically launches whenever I attempt to cast media (audio) from my home PC or Android phone to the...
  4. WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S: having tried a few things, i'm not able to get my media to show up on Xbox One from my NAS (WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra). upnp is OFF in my router Twonky (DLNA server dashboard) allows me to choose...
  5. Music Streaming Over DLNA From Phone Troubleshoot

in XboX Insiders
    Music Streaming Over DLNA From Phone Troubleshoot: Its been 7 years and no phone, wifi setup, app, console version, or console revision, has seemed to make streaming music stable. Its degrades (album art start getting mixed up or absent, until the...
  6. Xbox One DLNA Media Server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One DLNA Media Server: [img] [img] [img] I’ve downloaded the Media Player on my Xbox One so I can set a custom background. I’ve looked at some websites on how to stream my music/photos/videos via my computer but I’m...
  7. Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]: Bonjour, Depuis la suppression du service One Drive sur Groove Musique, je cherche des solution pour optimiser l'écoute de ma musique sur XBOX. Solution 1 : J'ai activé le DLNA et j'utilise...
  8. DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove on Xbox One: Hey everyone, we're excited to let you know that DLNA PlayTo (aka casting) is back for Groove Music on Xbox One. See more and discuss here:...
  9. DLNA playto is only visible after PC reboot?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLNA playto is only visible after PC reboot?: Anyone have an issue where the DLNA playto feature is only visible after rebooting the PC? It seems like Windows Media Player can see the xbox under Stream -> More streaming options... but the...
  10. DLNA PlayTo Streaming No Longer Working from PC Windows 7 to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLNA PlayTo Streaming No Longer Working from PC Windows 7 to Xbox One: *Note* I have been in search of a solution for a couple weeks and have tried a number of solutions. I am no longer able to stream from my PC to my Xbox One. I can see the Xbox One on my PC... I...