DLNA broken with new Media Player app?

Discus and support DLNA broken with new Media Player app? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; A recent Xbox update included a new "Media Player" app. This app replaced Groove Music and automatically launches whenever I attempt to cast media... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/beggehorn, Apr 28, 2022.

1. /u/beggehorn
    /u/beggehorn Guest

A recent Xbox update included a new "Media Player" app. This app replaced Groove Music and automatically launches whenever I attempt to cast media (audio) from my home PC or Android phone to the Xbox via DLNA. However, after the app opens, the cast audio does not start playing. This used to work just fine with Groove Music but this functionality appears t o be completely broken with the new, replacement app. Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone find a workaround?

I'm considering backing dropping down from the Alpha Ring to a lower ring in hopes that I can get this functionality back.

submitted by /u/beggehorn
    [link] [comments]

/u/beggehorn, Apr 28, 2022
  2. BobMcFly247 Win User

Media Center

Xbox One will be supporting DLNA on it's media player app with the upcoming October dashboard update, so this should be possible without problems.

It's already possible to stream media towards the One with the windows media player, but with the next update the One will be able to browse for DLNA servers within the network it's connected to.
  3. sniffles x Win User

Why can't i play MKV files on my Xbox One? after recent update?

Taken from the preview forums:

• Media Player – A new app will be available soon that enables you to play media files from either an attached USB device or from a network connected home media server that supports DLNA protocols. The preview version of the Media Player
      app will initially only support USB devices, with DLNA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like mpeg 2 TS,
      animated gifs and mkv which will be added by the end of the year. See below for additional file formats.
  4. Michael_Sharman Win User

How to connect XBOX ONE X to a home NAS?

Ok, using DLNA I can add my NAS on XBOX media centre. However I can't open anything because the Media Player app doesn't ask for the login or password.
  5. Hazy Arc Win User

DNLA media Player

My Xbox doesn't even detect my PC. When I launch the media player app, I get the message that I have to connect to a DLNA server or USB drive to view media. If I launch my Xbox 360's media app, I see my desktop's DLNA server in addition to the Plex server
    I'm running. This is using the same network cable for both the 360 and the Xbox One.
  6. Mumbles786 Win User

Background music

I cant get background music to work. Wireless display preview app lags, media player doesn't recognize hard drives, and dlna stop working.
Thema:

1. DLNA broken with new Media Player app? - Similar Threads - DLNA broken Media

2. Xbox not showing up as a dlna device

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not showing up as a dlna device: I cannot find my xbox and connect to it via my android phone as a dlna device for streaming. Share to is enabled, along with device controls. a87227a2-f904-4162-a026-6dbee565dcb1
  3. DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series

in XBoX on Windows
    DLNA PlayTo not working with new Windows Media Player app on Xbox Series: Previously I was able to use the "Cast to device" DLNA functionality built into windows (or other dlna "play-to" apps) to play music to my Xbox Series consoles. After being forced to update to the...
  4. WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    WD My Cloud DLNA server not detected by Xbox One S: having tried a few things, i'm not able to get my media to show up on Xbox One from my NAS (WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra). upnp is OFF in my router Twonky (DLNA server dashboard) allows me to choose...
  5. Music Streaming Over DLNA From Phone Troubleshoot

in XboX Insiders
    Music Streaming Over DLNA From Phone Troubleshoot: Its been 7 years and no phone, wifi setup, app, console version, or console revision, has seemed to make streaming music stable. Its degrades (album art start getting mixed up or absent, until the...
  6. Xbox One DLNA Media Server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One DLNA Media Server: [img] [img] [img] I’ve downloaded the Media Player on my Xbox One so I can set a custom background. I’ve looked at some websites on how to stream my music/photos/videos via my computer but I’m...
  7. Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ecouter ma musique en DLNA sur Xbox One [Translation-Play my music in DLNA on Xbox one]: Bonjour, Depuis la suppression du service One Drive sur Groove Musique, je cherche des solution pour optimiser l'écoute de ma musique sur XBOX. Solution 1 : J'ai activé le DLNA et j'utilise...
  8. LG 42PG20D: DLNA works badly

in XBoX TV Hardware
    LG 42PG20D: DLNA works badly: LG (Televisions) 42PG20D: DLNA works badly Don't use DLNA. Use Kodi from Xbox app store, setup NFS shares on the QNAP (see Kodi NFS wiki). Add NFS shared folder to Kodi and it will play content...
  9. DLNA + Skifta Broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLNA + Skifta Broken?: I was up by the missing native media player, but eventually found out about the Skifta app, and was up and running as easy as pie. Then, with absolutely no change that I am aware of, Skifta...
  10. DLNA Broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    DLNA Broken?: I was upset by the missing native media player, like everyone else, but eventually found out about the Skifta app, and was up and running as easy as pie. Then, with absolutely no change that I am...