DLC region compatibility

Discus and support DLC region compatibility in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My XBOX One was bought in Asia and there’s an available Watch Dogs Legion: Gold Edition being sold but the region is EU. Can I still access the DLC... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mari Tuason, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Mari Tuason
    Mari Tuason New Member

DLC region compatibility

My XBOX One was bought in Asia and there’s an available Watch Dogs Legion: Gold Edition being sold but the region is EU.

Can I still access the DLC codes even if I have a different region? These are physical copies with physical codes bought with the game. If I can’t access the DLCs, is there a work around?

Mari Tuason, Aug 2, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Account migration

If you read the FAQ it does explain it it only affects dlc

The new dlc in the new region may not be compatible with the other regions disks if it is region locked
  3. ngocphi Win User

LOCKED - Can not get Escalation or the map pack before to work.

no as stated by the sticky you MUST make the correct region account and use the correct region disk japanese dlc will not work with a US disk

in this case japanese account + japanese disk + japanese region = download and gameplay

us disk + japanese account + japanese region = region compatibility

us disk + us account + japanese region = region compatibility and not availiable in your region
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Dlcs not showing up in the store

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

The availability of DLCs (Downloadable Content) on Xbox Store or Microsoft Store can depend on several factors:

Region restriction: DLCs may only be available in certain regions and not others.

Console compatibility: Some DLCs may only be available for specific console generations or models.

Publisher decision: Publishers may choose to release DLCs for their games at different times or discontinue them.

It's possible that the DLC you're looking for is currently unavailable in your region or not compatible with your console. You can check the game's official website or social media accounts for updates on DLC availability.
  5. A Last Champion Win User

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Adds Borderlands & All DLC!

6. ngocphi Win User

LOCKED - Migrating a US account to a UK account

its not likely due to compatibility issues

PC games aren't limited to pal/ntsc but CONSOLES are

licenses and distibution is limited by laws and regions

ntsc/pal content isn't compatible with each other

ntsc belongs in ntsc regions discs and pal content will only work with pal disks and are only avaible in the respected regions

also ALL prepaid DLC codes from gamestop do come with a warning

this content is region locked and will only work in the region you purchased in (this does come with the blackops mappack codes)
Thema:

DLC region compatibility

1. DLC region compatibility - Similar Threads - DLC region compatibility

2. If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i gift someone a DLC code, is it locked to my region, or does it become universal somehow?: I want to gift a friend a fortnite DLC add-on via the xbox store from my console, but they are in the EU, while i am US based. If i gift sed friend the DLC, would it be locjed to my region, do...
  3. Can I use another region dlc for an American copy of the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use another region dlc for an American copy of the game?: ej. Monster hunter rise (usa) sunbreak dlc(turkey) ? 5c8468bf-010a-43da-a04a-4cd6ae82bb15
  4. Buying a US copy of a game, and DLC online on different region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Buying a US copy of a game, and DLC online on different region: Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question. I wanted to pre-order a physical copy of the new Battlefield 2042 from Amazon's US store, but my own Xbox is set to Israel's region and store, and I was...
  5. DLC code (overwatch) region locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    DLC code (overwatch) region locked: Hello, I saw the widowmaker noir skin (which is a code) in germany to buy I live in France can I use the code or not ? Is it lock in a country (here germany) or it can be used in Europe or...
  6. Can i switch to another region to buy a dlc and then switch back to my original ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i switch to another region to buy a dlc and then switch back to my original ?: Hey, im having trouble in finding some solid answers, i want to buy a dlc from a game called dirt 3 from the xbox 360 to my xbox one, and when im in my default region it says the dlc is region...
  7. Grid 2 dlc, I can't buy ? because not valid in my region....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Grid 2 dlc, I can't buy ? because not valid in my region....: Hi I live in France and i want buy the dlc to Grid 2 pack complet ( All in pack ) but i have a message , ( this offer is not valid in your region ) so how can i buy dlc ? Thanks for your help...
  8. Mass Effect 3 DLC region locked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mass Effect 3 DLC region locked?: Hi! I'm having some issues regarding Mass Effect 3. I'm from Argentina but for some reason there's only one DLC pack available accessing the Microsoft Store from my account which is "From Ashes"....
  9. i cant buy dlc on another region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant buy dlc on another region: i realized code for pre paid from turkey and now i cant buy anything with this but i changed region to turkey e1f1d02e-407b-4199-b360-13c897c514ac
  10. Code DLC region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Code DLC region: Hi, A friend just gifted me a code for the Jurassic park DLC from Rocket League,when I tried to redeem the code they said that the code was bought in a different region. So what I have to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox oblivion dlc region locked

2. xbox series x region differences dlc