DLC on more than one 360 - Will changing the DRM license scupper the content on my original ...

Discus and support DLC on more than one 360 - Will changing the DRM license scupper the content on my original ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I have a 360 that stopped reading discs, I bought another console but I'm now worried that if I alter the DMR on my original console (which I'll... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ste7en666, May 20, 2014.

1. Ste7en666
    Ste7en666 Guest

DLC on more than one 360 - Will changing the DRM license scupper the content on my original ...

Hi.

I have a 360 that stopped reading discs, I bought another console but I'm now worried that if I alter the DMR on my original console (which I'll be sending off for repair soon and when it comes back I'll be using it in my bedroom) will it scupper the DLC on
    my new / current (i.e. 'working') console?

I guess what I am asking is can all my DLC be available on both consoles?

Thanks.

:)

Ste7en666, May 20, 2014
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    cant find my downloaded arcade games

Since you got a new console, you'd need to do a license transfer
    http://xbox.com/drm

If you're using a different profile than the one that originally downloaded the content then you'd need to have the original profile on the console and run the license transfer through that.

Smwutches, May 20, 2014
  3. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    DRM Transfer, what happens to content on original console?

No once the drm transfer is complete the original console can only use the content while the purchasing gamertag is signed into live at all times

This remains in effect for 120 days You only receive 2 licenses a gamertag license and a console license Only one copy of each A gamertag license can use the content and redownload it at anytime but if not the purchasing console or the drm is transfered then
    it must be connected to live to use the content The console license only applies to one console at a time and can be used by all profiles without the original gamertag being on the console

ngocphi, May 20, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

This link has good info on how content/DRM licences work on 360:
    http://Xbox.com/DRM

Essentially it is like this:

The console where you downloaded the content first has the console licence. The purchasing profile has a profile licence.

The console licence means that any player on the console can play the content, either online or offline. The profile licence means that this profile can play the content on any other console - provided it is connected to Xbox Live.

The profile licence is non-transferrable; the console licence can be transferred, but can only be on one console at a time and this process can only be done once every four months.

In the settings, it is this console licence which can be transferred. If you do this, all it means is that the console you're using can play the content online OR offline, using whichever profile you choose, and when you get the other console back you will
    NEED to be using the purchasing profile AND be online for the content to be playable, but it will still work as normal if you fulfil those criteria. So your DLC will be available on both consoles, but on one of them it will only be to your profile whereas
    on the other it will be available to all.

I hope this information helps; let us know if you have any further questions.

maxen, May 20, 2014
  5. maxen Win User

DLC on more than one 360 - Will changing the DRM license scupper the content on my original 360?

This link has good info on how content/DRM licences work on 360:
    http://Xbox.com/DRM

Essentially it is like this:

The console where you downloaded the content first has the console licence. The purchasing profile has a profile licence.

The console licence means that any player on the console can play the content, either online or offline. The profile licence means that this profile can play the content on any other console - provided it is connected to Xbox Live.

The profile licence is non-transferrable; the console licence can be transferred, but can only be on one console at a time and this process can only be done once every four months.

In the settings, it is this console licence which can be transferred. If you do this, all it means is that the console you're using can play the content online OR offline, using whichever profile you choose, and when you get the other console back you will
    NEED to be using the purchasing profile AND be online for the content to be playable, but it will still work as normal if you fulfil those criteria. So your DLC will be available on both consoles, but on one of them it will only be to your profile whereas
    on the other it will be available to all.

I hope this information helps; let us know if you have any further questions.
  6. Smwutches Win User

cant find my downloaded arcade games

Since you got a new console, you'd need to do a license transfer
    http://xbox.com/drm

If you're using a different profile than the one that originally downloaded the content then you'd need to have the original profile on the console and run the license transfer through that.
  7. ngocphi Win User

DRM Transfer, what happens to content on original console?

No once the drm transfer is complete the original console can only use the content while the purchasing gamertag is signed into live at all times

This remains in effect for 120 days You only receive 2 licenses a gamertag license and a console license Only one copy of each A gamertag license can use the content and redownload it at anytime but if not the purchasing console or the drm is transfered then
    it must be connected to live to use the content The console license only applies to one console at a time and can be used by all profiles without the original gamertag being on the console
  8. Smwutches Win User

Connecting my downloaded games to my child's account

Licenses work a little differently on the 360 than on the One. Is the 360 the same console you originally purchased the games on? If not, you would need to perform a license transfer in order for that console to have all of your game licenses so your child
    can play the games. http://xbox.com/drm
  9. BigDaddyAmerica Win User

Is Microsoft (or the account owner) capable of doing a precision license transfer?

Hello Kaiser Kamikaze,

The way license transfers work is let's say XBL Alpha is the main account with 4 DLC's and then you go out and buy another console for your child so he creates an account on his Xbox and wants the 4 DLC's you have obtained. What he can do is download your
    profile and license transfer those 4 DLC's so now he is able to acquire and play with those 4 DLC's.

The way you get an Xbox 360 License for the content you pay for is automatically obtained when you download that content.

However, there is a license restriction on what you can and can not license transfer. Such as, Movies and TV shows.

Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox Live account.

You can learn more about Xbox Live's DRM or Digital Rights Management by following this link:

support.xbox.com/.../download-content

You can license transfer once every 4 months, but if your account is on 3 Xbox's or over you will not be able to download it to another Xbox360 unless you remove all profiles from every Xbox via Xbox.com

Answering your question more precisely, Microsoft can not transfer your license. That is your job via profile download.
Thema:

1. DLC on more than one 360 - Will changing the DRM license scupper the content on my original ... - Similar Threads - DLC more 360

2. Modern warfare 3... Missing one or more single/multplayer DLC packs - please download and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Modern warfare 3... Missing one or more single/multplayer DLC packs - please download and...: I have bought a brand new x box series X with MW3 (disk) and waited over 8 hours for it to install.. only to be hit with the message that I am missing one or more single/multplayer DLC packs-...
  3. Do I need to re-buy DLC for The long dark one more time?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Do I need to re-buy DLC for The long dark one more time?: Hello everyone! I was a lucky owner of The long dark and its expansion (tales from the far lands) on xbox series. The game supports Xbox Play Anywhere feature so I wanted to install it on my PC...
  4. I reset my xbox 360 cache and more dlc content for cod: world at war is not working. Please...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I reset my xbox 360 cache and more dlc content for cod: world at war is not working. Please...: I own the dlcs however now all of a sudden: “ you do not have this map. You can get this map by downloading map packs from Xbox LIVE Marketplace” on xbox one aa60a01a-cba1-4c38-b892-c980459b615e
  5. Call of Duty - Modern Warfare - "You are missing one or more Single Player DLC Packs....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty - Modern Warfare - "You are missing one or more Single Player DLC Packs....: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare - "You are missing one or more Single Player DLC Packs. Please download and install" Then message indicating the store is unavailable. receive this message when...
  6. CODMW "missing one or more single player DLC packs"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    CODMW "missing one or more single player DLC packs": I recently bought the CODMW battle pass edition (digital copy) and I'm unable to play the campaign because of this error message. I've tried uninstalling and installing many times and I've tried...
  7. One more Match showcase DLC releases on Feb 3... and a new patch came out on Feb 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One more Match showcase DLC releases on Feb 3... and a new patch came out on Feb 2: a new patched dropped yesterday Feb 2.. for 2K15.... and the new One more Match Showcase DLC comes out today. here is what you get with the One More Match DLC and the patch notes... 2K...
  8. No more Skyrim DLC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No more Skyrim DLC?: Hi there! I'm here on behalf of my friend Juniicorn, who just bough Skyrim's DLC Dawnguard only 3 days ago. He wanted today to buy the Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC, but was unable. The pages...
  9. More content as free DLC for Spartan ****

in XBoX Games and Apps
    More content as free DLC for Spartan ****: First and for most this game is fun, second I feel it needs some new features, and gameplay, plus new and expanded modes: 1. The most obvious is Covenant Co op, fighting the Covenant in the same...
  10. GTA V any more DLC coming ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V any more DLC coming ?: Hey, Will there be any more new DLC coming ce139438-dd4b-43e2-aeb7-c1185df56ff3