DLC content cause game to restart because "A Content Package is damaged or has ...

Discus and support DLC content cause game to restart because "A Content Package is damaged or has ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had a 360 with all the guitar hero games and lots of DLC, as well as disc imports for each previously released game to save hassle of swapping discs.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FARRSOLO-619BF9CC-526F-490D-AD21-5737E2A06B3D, Nov 16, 2014.

1. DLC content cause game to restart because "A Content Package is damaged or has ...

I had a 360 with all the guitar hero games and lots of DLC, as well as disc imports for each previously released game to save hassle of swapping discs.

My 360 died and I pretty well stopped playing guitar hero back 5 years ago. I just recently picked up an used 360 and decided to introduce the game to my daughter.

Steps I did:

-bought a Microsoft hard drive transfer cable, attached my original hard drive to it, plugged it into 360, booted up 360 and transferred everything over, all DLC, profiles etc.

-signed into my profile, performed a license transfer, then proceeded to re-download all items in the download history

-inserted latest GH (Warriors of Rock), all songs showed, discs imports of Band Hero. GH 5, GHWT, Smash Hits, Metallica, all showed up, Even DLC is showing up,

Problem is that while scrolling through list of songs (~365) once the player starts scrolling through the DLC songs the game immediately stops and a screens appears stating

"Content Changed

A Content package is damaged or has changed.

As a result, the game has restarted. You will need

to re-download any damaged content.

Continue"

I have checked to make sure I am signed into the correct profile, verified license transfer,
    re-re-downloaded all content in the downloads history and still get the above mentioned error.

Does anybody have any suggestions, we can still play the game, we just have to avoid scrolling thru the DLC section and play each disc separately which negates the money I spent to import each disc to the HDD.

Thanks!!

:)

FARRSOLO-619BF9CC-526F-490D-AD21-5737E2A06B3D, Nov 16, 2014
  2. play an error dlc

wanting to play the dlc gives me this error already veses DOWNLOAD 4 and the same ; a downloadable content package was loaded because ist was missing or damaged some content may be unavailable until downloaded again from the xbox live

I The Red Viper, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Borderlands 2 "Psycho Pack"

There is an error with this DLC. Other DLC can be purchased without issue, but the "Psycho Pack" causes the error message "Something Has Changed About This Content." I have tried clearing the marketplace data and system cache. It did not fix the problem.

OnWingsOfGlory, Nov 16, 2014
  4. Lonnie7 Win User

Guitar Hero 5 Damaged Content package.

That fixed that error. Now I'm getting: "The downloadable content is damaged or has changed. As a result, the game has restarted." And this is after re-downloading all my my guitar hero-related DLC.
  5. JAY NOLAN 14 Win User

"Downloadable Content Has Changed" Error - Post Here

I am having these problems with both Smackdown vs Raw 2011 & WWE All-Stars, while online & signed into Xbox Live all downloadable content works fine.

However when offline i keep getting this message "The downloadable content package was not loaded properly and may be damaged, some save data cannot be used as downloadable content package and appears to be missing or damaged."
  6. LegendOfGta Win User

How can I get rid of the unlockables pack

Delete it from your hard drive or USB then. You will have to start a new game because, once a game has been saved with DLC that is no longer present, it will cause a "missing downloadable content" error.
  7. dudediamond1987 Win User

Can someone please explain this issue to me?

Either version of the game will still continue to open and play just fine, but none of the DLC will work with them.

On the disc version, it doesn't give me an error and loads into to game without the DLC

On the downloaded version, it will say:

"DLC Damaged"

"The downloadable content appears to be damaged and cannot be used"
  8. UndistructibleX Win User

Saints Row The Third DLC problem(Please reply)

Oh and btw i downloaded the dlcs from the downloadable content disk included with the full package.
Thema:

DLC content cause game to restart because "A Content Package is damaged or has ...

1. DLC content cause game to restart because "A Content Package is damaged or has ... - Similar Threads - DLC content cause

2. How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix corrupt or glitched out DLC content in Fallout 4?: I have owned Fallout 4 GOTY edition since release. I use to play the game on my Xbox one and the game / DLC content worked fine. I’ve recently got a Xbox series X, the new next gen console. When I...
  3. Will my dlc content transfer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Will my dlc content transfer.: I own the CD copy of the sims 4 and it is no longer working, if i download the store version will i keep my dlc content or is it attached to the disk itself. a6301ba8-1328-4492-8e4b-c543ac0056f5
  4. If i cant access my dlc content from call of duty mw3 would i call Activision or is that a...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If i cant access my dlc content from call of duty mw3 would i call Activision or is that a...: If my friend bought the dlc for the new call of duty mw3 & he cant access it whos end is it that we go complain about ? 77a624de-7850-40c9-8440-7e0d8c6e6346
  5. Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are some dlc content not on sale for Xbox when the website it has them on sale...: So I’ve been wanting get the Sims Dlc werewolves for a while now, but I just can’t seem to catch it on sale. I’ve even bought other content that would randomly go on sale multiple times. thinking...
  6. Where oh where is my DLC content???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Where oh where is my DLC content???: I purchased the VIP Pack for the new Forza to get it early on game pass. Since buying that, i have never seen any of the DLC content, but have been playing the game with no issues. I cant find a...
  7. Why I can’t find the dlc content in the game’Starfield’?关于pc端xbox app游玩星空,安装dlc以后游戏中找不到皮肤和任务。

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can’t find the dlc content in the game’Starfield’?关于pc端xbox app游玩星空,安装dlc以后游戏中找不到皮肤和任务。: I purchased the Starfield Premium upgrade pack, but I can’t find the skin and mission in game. I also tried re-setup the whole game and it’s useless. 2471eb1e-c96d-4a15-9ee6-89377befe859
  8. Dlc content for alan wake wont purchase on 360 marketplace

in XBoX on Windows
    Dlc content for alan wake wont purchase on 360 marketplace: I recently got alan wake on xbox 360 and wanted to get the dlc for after i finished the game, but whenever i try to buy both dlcs it just gives me a 80182300 error code ive bought other dlcs for...
  9. DLC content no longer owned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC content no longer owned: I bought the tmnt dlc for injustice 2 a few years back and have played them but after reinstalling the game it’s saying I don’t own the content and have to rebuy it is there any way to fix this?...
  10. DLC content unavailable?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC content unavailable?: A DLC (Witcher 3: hearts of stone) that I've played with before is now unavailable after switching from Xbox one to the series X. I was able to reinstall the Blood and Wine expansion but the...