DIY First Person Shooter Haptic Feedback

Discus and support DIY First Person Shooter Haptic Feedback in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm interested in creating my own haptic feedback device for the XBox One first person shooter games. 1. Does the XBox console emit real-time messages... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by fergus81, Jan 4, 2016.

1. fergus81
    fergus81 Guest

I'm interested in creating my own haptic feedback device for the XBox One first person shooter games.

1. Does the XBox console emit real-time messages to the controllers about changes in player health (ie. taken a hit or had health restored)?

2. Can these messages be intercepted and read?

3. Is there a standard format for these messages (ie. XML/JSON or other)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

:)

fergus81, Jan 4, 2016
  2. Warlok9
    Warlok9 Guest
    Rev 3, Adam Sessler X1 Review

3rd review ive seen that doesnt mention the haptic feedback triggers.

Warlok9, Jan 4, 2016
  3. R1CH5TER
    R1CH5TER Guest
    First person shooter choices

Havent played in a while but i would be up for playing it for sure

R1CH5TER, Jan 4, 2016
  4. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

1, Yes, otherwise rumble wouldn't work on hit detection, etc

2, depends, there will be commands to active rumble, how that can be used will only be known if you have the SDK

3, will be shown in the SDK

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 4, 2016
  5. fergus81
    fergus81 Guest
    Sorry, my fault I wasn't specific enough with my questions.

With regards to Question 1. I know that messages are sent from console to controller (as was pointed out) but what I want to know is whether the message contains info that lets me know not only that my player was hit but also that I lost 20 health points
    (or whatever).

With regards to Question 2, I might be wrong here but isn't the SDK about developing games and in that case it's all about sending commands from the controller to the console for code that is executed on the console? I have searched the web a bit and haven't
    seen anything about the Xbox One SDK allowing interception of messages from the console to the controllers. If the SDK is useful in this use case then a bit more info by someone who knows and has used it in the manner described would be much appreciated. What
    I really wanted to know by posting Question 2. is whether the comms between console or controller are encrypted or plaintext.

Sorry again, my fault.

fergus81, Jan 5, 2016
  6. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest
    The forum is a discussion forum, I don't anyone that is a games developer on here, an SDK is a software development Kit, which would be used to develop anything on the xbox, and the code for controlling games from the controller and how to get the controller
    to rumble will also be in there.

I don't know if there will be a way to get the information, it depends on many things, it might be an option from a snapped app to interact with the program in the main window, the only way you will know is getting hold of the sdk or speaking to someone
    who programs the sdk.

On way would be find developers names from MS publishers, and talk to them in twitter, or contact live chat support and ask them information on where to get help, you might get passed around a bit you keep at it until you find the answers.

Sorry I couldn't help more, and hope u get it sorted.

EnenDaveyBoy, Jan 5, 2016
  7. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    OP, your question is a little off but no the Xbox does not write Variables. The person writing the Variable Assets of Numbers, Boolean, Text, Object or Sets needs to establish those Variables in their Content.

Elohmn, Jan 6, 2016
  8. EnenDaveyBoy
    EnenDaveyBoy Guest

The OP isn't asking for variables, he asking if there is something like a build in API he can use add an additional peripheral.

There are built in commands for the controller, from what I can find online, but I am not sure there is what the OP is asking for.

EnenDaveyBoy, Oct 31, 2018
  9. fergus81 Win User

Sorry, my fault I wasn't specific enough with my questions.

With regards to Question 1. I know that messages are sent from console to controller (as was pointed out) but what I want to know is whether the message contains info that lets me know not only that my player was hit but also that I lost 20 health points
    (or whatever).

With regards to Question 2, I might be wrong here but isn't the SDK about developing games and in that case it's all about sending commands from the controller to the console for code that is executed on the console? I have searched the web a bit and haven't
    seen anything about the Xbox One SDK allowing interception of messages from the console to the controllers. If the SDK is useful in this use case then a bit more info by someone who knows and has used it in the manner described would be much appreciated. What
    I really wanted to know by posting Question 2. is whether the comms between console or controller are encrypted or plaintext.

Sorry again, my fault.
  10. Elohmn Win User

OP, your question is a little off but no the Xbox does not write Variables. The person writing the Variable Assets of Numbers, Boolean, Text, Object or Sets needs to establish those Variables in their Content.
  11. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

The OP isn't asking for variables, he asking if there is something like a build in API he can use add an additional peripheral.

There are built in commands for the controller, from what I can find online, but I am not sure there is what the OP is asking for.
  12. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

The forum is a discussion forum, I don't anyone that is a games developer on here, an SDK is a software development Kit, which would be used to develop anything on the xbox, and the code for controlling games from the controller and how to get the controller
    to rumble will also be in there.

I don't know if there will be a way to get the information, it depends on many things, it might be an option from a snapped app to interact with the program in the main window, the only way you will know is getting hold of the sdk or speaking to someone
    who programs the sdk.

On way would be find developers names from MS publishers, and talk to them in twitter, or contact live chat support and ask them information on where to get help, you might get passed around a bit you keep at it until you find the answers.

Sorry I couldn't help more, and hope u get it sorted.
  13. EnenDaveyBoy Win User

1, Yes, otherwise rumble wouldn't work on hit detection, etc

2, depends, there will be commands to active rumble, how that can be used will only be known if you have the SDK

3, will be shown in the SDK
Thema:

1. DIY First Person Shooter Haptic Feedback - Similar Threads - DIY Person Shooter

2. How to unblock a person?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to unblock a person?: Hi Team, My request is slightly unusual - my son filed a report on Xbox user while playing Minecraft. This person is his cousin, they discussed the situation and would now like to continue playing...
  3. Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can I not add one specific person that I know hasn't blocked me?: I'm receiving this same error code as well and it's for new friends not old ones. They are able to add me but I can't add them back. I have already reset my modem and Xbox to make sure it wasn't a...
  4. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  5. I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m getting spam added by bot accounts by another person, what do i do?: I don’t want to get my account banned for being bottes but i want the account adding to stop c01c2e73-89d2-4985-b4db-7dd4ee4e9627
  6. Can't hear one person

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't hear one person: I can't hear someone in my party. We are both allowed to talk to other people, and I can hear other people talking. I already have my setting fixed to talk to anyone, but he Is just muted for no...
  7. Need actual person or phone# 2call 4issues with gift cards? I bought2 cards for each of my...

in XBoX on Windows
    Need actual person or phone# 2call 4issues with gift cards? I bought2 cards for each of my...: Two $50 Xbox gift cards purchased 4/26/24 by me. Requesting actual human being to speak to that works for Microsoft Xbox billing. Thanks. 2ee59868-a379-401b-86dd-73957532c723
  8. Xbox one x “ventilation” error. Not the fan, power sup, or thermal paste. Not for diy...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x “ventilation” error. Not the fan, power sup, or thermal paste. Not for diy...: So I have a black Xbox one x 1tb that is overheating and giving the ventilation issue. Now I can hear the fan so I know that’s working and I’m confident in Microsoft’s competence in the...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset Mic Monitoring DIY Resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Mic Monitoring DIY Resolution: I have recently purchased an Xbox Wireless Headset but like so many on the internet I just cannot hear my own voice in my earpieces from the mic monitoring. My wife tells me I am talking too loud...
  10. Xbox Scorpio Microsoft please include Ejectable Hdd for SSD DIY

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Scorpio Microsoft please include Ejectable Hdd for SSD DIY: Hi Microsoft please include ejectable Hard Disk on the new Scorpio lie PS4 currenlty have so we can upgrade the console oursleves to SSD (up to 4TB size if neccessary).Please keep the controllers...