DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One

Discus and support DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox was supposed to be the centre of my whole home media system. I should have been able to play anything on it. Unfortunately, clearly Microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by fpiret, Nov 12, 2017.

1. fpiret
    fpiret Guest

My Xbox was supposed to be the centre of my whole home media system. I should have been able to play anything on it.

Unfortunately, clearly Microsoft has some other plan as while the video is playing no sound is being played for any of my mkv and/or avi. What a shame!

A devise as evolved and complex as this should be able to be compatible with at least all standard format.

I am getting rid of my Xbox One. So long Microsoft.

:)

fpiret, Nov 12, 2017
  2. nicentra93
    nicentra93 Guest
    Play to MKV Files

Hi I have a bit of problem, I know the Xbox One is capable of playing MKV files via the play to function on any Windows 8/8.1 computer which I made us of but now suddenly the Play to button vanished for all mkv files, avi and mp4 are just fine but the xbox
    one suddenly refuses to play mkv files.

Does anyone happen to know why? Thanks in advance

nicentra93, Nov 12, 2017
  3. tomsnn
    tomsnn Guest
    Update for playing avi Videos

Hallo.

Someone know when Microsoft want to Release a update for playing avi mkv Videos oder mp3 Songs?

tomsnn, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Totoro Ninja
    Totoro Ninja Guest

Have you tried the VLC App?

Totoro Ninja, Dec 12, 2017
  5. Kanon491
    Kanon491 Guest
    Hello,

i have the same problem. And i try to put a 4K disc in my Xbox one X but the application Blu-ray Disc freeze or say the disc is not supported ...

Kanon491, Dec 13, 2017
  6. Kanon491
    Kanon491 Guest
    I tried with VLC and my Xbox One stop working and not responding.

Kanon491, Dec 13, 2017
  7. Totoro Ninja
    Totoro Ninja Guest
    Really! That is a bit odd. VLC should play most videos. VLC doesn't play Blu-ray or 4k discs, as that's what the Blu-ray app is for.

Speaking of the BD app, it's played all my 10 4k disc just fine, but only most of my BD discs work. The 2nd and 3rd discs of my Planet of the Apes Primal collection (8 discs) don't work. No errors or anything, just stays at a black screen after the app starts.

Totoro Ninja, Dec 16, 2017
  8. DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One

Unless they implement DAMN BITSTREAM (real pass-thru) audio option in the Movies or Media Player app, there won´t be any sound when playing MKVs or .mp4s or any other files with HD audio embedded...totally inept Microsoft

OlivePanda43053, Nov 2, 2018
  9. Totoro Ninja Win User

Really! That is a bit odd. VLC should play most videos. VLC doesn't play Blu-ray or 4k discs, as that's what the Blu-ray app is for.

Speaking of the BD app, it's played all my 10 4k disc just fine, but only most of my BD discs work. The 2nd and 3rd discs of my Planet of the Apes Primal collection (8 discs) don't work. No errors or anything, just stays at a black screen after the app starts.
  10. Kanon491 Win User

I tried with VLC and my Xbox One stop working and not responding.
  11. Kanon491 Win User

Hello,

i have the same problem. And i try to put a 4K disc in my Xbox one X but the application Blu-ray Disc freeze or say the disc is not supported ...
  12. Totoro Ninja Win User

13. OlivePanda43053 Win User

Unless they implement DAMN BITSTREAM (real pass-thru) audio option in the Movies or Media Player app, there won´t be any sound when playing MKVs or .mp4s or any other files with HD audio embedded...totally inept Microsoft
Thema:

1. DISSAPPOINTING MKV, AVI not playing any sound on Xbox One - Similar Threads - DISSAPPOINTING MKV AVI

2. Is it possible to Transcode MKV to MP4 on the XBOX ONE?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to Transcode MKV to MP4 on the XBOX ONE?: I was not sure whether to set this as a discussion or a question, so I chose a question. Now I do know that MS itself does not offer any app or service that can accomplish this task. However, I am...
  3. Casting .mkv to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Casting .mkv to xbox one: I cast an H.264 codec .mkv file to my xbox one from my Windows 10 computer earlier today over a wired network and it worked fine. After about 30 mins into the video the audio and video didn't sync...
  4. Fichiers .mkv 4K lag [Translation - .Mkv 4K lag files]

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fichiers .mkv 4K lag [Translation - .Mkv 4K lag files]: Salut, Je possède une One X, relié un écran de PC 4K (oui, pas de TV). Pour tester, j'ai mis des petites vidéos 4K en .mkv (non, pas de Blu-Ray piraté comme on dit) de 4 minutes maximum....
  5. Atmos MKV Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Atmos MKV Problem: Hi, So I bought finally Xbox One S and wanted it to play Dolby Atmos Movies from external hdd. But it doesn't. Everything is connected correctly, I get atmos from trailers on dolby access app but...
  6. Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to get MKV files playing from an external HD on XBox 1?: Hi all, I recently bought an X Box 1 (2nd hand) to use as a media centre. I have an external HD with movies. I DLed VLC, got set up etc. Now it plays the TV series happily enough but when I try to...
  7. Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem accessing .mkv videofiles with XBox One S / X when located on Seagate 8 TB GameDrive: Hello, I have the following strange problem if i want to access .mkv videofiles from my Seagate 8 TB GameDrives: 1. all .mkv videofiles work fine with Windows 10 apps like Movies & TV an VLC...
  8. Issue playing 1080 mkv files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue playing 1080 mkv files: Hi After updating my Plex app I started having a problem playing some files. Files are 1080 h264 with AC3 5.1 sound. Initially I thought it was a Plex problem (I had been watching the files the...
  9. Mkv & M4v files wont play - 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mkv & M4v files wont play - 0xc00d11cd (0x80070001): Using both VLC app and built in Xbox Media Player app, all of a sudden MKV & M4V files cant play, when up until March they played perfectly fine off my external hard drive Any reasoning why? The...
  10. mkv,iso fullhd and 3d

in XBoX on Consoles
    mkv,iso fullhd and 3d: xbox one s:could i read file mkv,iso fullhd ;mkv3d,iso3d,mkv4K,iso4K,from device(2 hard dusk 3 tera usb3)linked via usb3? Which one mediaplayer ? The output hdmi is audio/video(dts and fullhd)?...