Dispute a double charge for single game title

Discus and support Dispute a double charge for single game title in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I pre-ordered Sea of Thieves on XBox, then realized I could have it on PC and still play with friends that use XBox as it's cross platform. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by OMGTopher, Mar 18, 2018.

1. OMGTopher
    OMGTopher Guest

I pre-ordered Sea of Thieves on XBox, then realized I could have it on PC and still play with friends that use XBox as it's cross platform. I cancelled my order on the console and re-purchased it on the PC. I have been charged for both and neither have
    gone away. I have read later that one purchase covers both console/PC games? (Not entirely sure on that)

Halp! I just don't want to pay $120 for one game in 2 places. I plan on exclusively playing it on PC.

Thanks for the help!

-Topher

:)

OMGTopher, Mar 18, 2018
  2. Dadwhite
    Dadwhite Guest
    Fraudulent Charges

Unless the charge is on your account that you own then you can not dispute the charges with Microsoft. Your best option is to dispute the charges with your credit/debit card company and let them handle the dispute with Microsoft. This is what they do
    as a financial institution. It's is a lot easier to dispute credit card charges rather than debit card, takes less time.

Dadwhite, Mar 18, 2018
  3. btrips
    btrips Guest
    Disputing charges?

Speak with MS support first and if nothing comes of it just do it through your CC company. I've disputed a charge before and MS refunded me within a couple of days.

btrips, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You'll want to contact support and speak to billing. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    Contact Us | Xbox Support

And yes, one purchase would cover both the Xbox and PC since that game is a Play Anywhere title.

Smwutches, Mar 18, 2018
  5. OMGTopher
    OMGTopher Guest
    Awesome thank you! I will call them tomorrow and hopefully it'll be easily fixed because the game isn't even out yet.

OMGTopher, Mar 18, 2018
  6. If you keep the purchase through xbox you according to the xbox play anywhere site Xbox Play Anywhere | Xbox sea of thieves will be a xbox play anywhere game which you can read about on that website.

steeledwand7664, Nov 1, 2018
  7. Smwutches Win User

You'll want to contact support and speak to billing. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

And yes, one purchase would cover both the Xbox and PC since that game is a Play Anywhere title.
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

If you keep the purchase through xbox you according to the xbox play anywhere site https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere?xr=shellnav sea of thieves will be a xbox play anywhere game which you can read about on that website.
  9. OMGTopher Win User

http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Awesome thank you! I will call them tomorrow and hopefully it'll be easily fixed because the game isn't even out yet.
  10. steeledwand7664 Win User

Disputed charge

Have you checked the order history by signing into your account at account.microsoft.com to see if the game was refunded for some reason?

Your title says disputed charge did someone dispute the charge for the game?

If so then if the dispute was approved and the money was sent back to the payment option that the purchase was made off of then Microsoft would have taken the license for the game away and it would give you this message.
  11. Trinitarian-CA21C929 Win User

Are others being double billed?

Ive had this issue a few months ago. Usually after the order is done processing the double charge will drop. IF both charges get finalised in your bank account THEN you'll be able to dispute the extra charge. Your bank recommends you go through the merchant
    who doubled charged you and the merchant or xbox in this case cant address this issue until are charges are final. It can take up to 5 days for your charges to finalize. Im not sure if thats where your at but if the charges are finalized in your account microsoft
    can do something at that point. I was worried when i was going through this because the double charge overdrafted my account, but after the double charged dropped my account went back to normal and i was not charged an overdraft fee.
Thema:

1. Dispute a double charge for single game title - Similar Threads - Dispute double charge

2. need help disputing bill

in XBoX on Windows
    need help disputing bill: I need to dispute a bill for xbox live for which i never signed up nor use and no idea how MS got the CC card being used...ii am frustrated and need fixed now or is it best to contact attorney...
  3. hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...

in XBoX on Consoles
    hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14...: hello. I recently disputed a request for a digital game purchase that was made less than 14 days ago (14 days is the deadline for digital game purchases). I emailed Microsoft/Xbox to repeal their...
  4. How to dispute a transaction

in XBoX on Windows
    How to dispute a transaction: I was charged 18.07 for a free trial I never paid for 1ba3ab69-72cd-4345-97c4-a561ae1c5ca7
  5. What is the # for Microsoft phone support? I have a transaction dispute.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is the # for Microsoft phone support? I have a transaction dispute.: What is the # for Microsoft phone support? I have a transaction dispute. I was charged twice for the Java & Bedrock Edition. f2bfee24-d01a-4b40-ba4e-a7048ccd7a40
  6. I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...: Accidentally bought $44.99 worth of madden points. I was denied the refund, but i need the money back so should i dispute the charge with my bank? d52742e9-4ca4-4f01-8197-e533dfd2f770
  7. I want to dispute an unauthorized charges.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to dispute an unauthorized charges.: I have a charge from Microsoft on my card for $16.99!This card isn't even listed on my account!!! 0e9a0c27-3a0f-483a-908c-345d38a1ca1e
  8. Banned unfair dispute

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned unfair dispute: Bad language by kids in group messages yet my son gets the ban and was the innocent party member with proof to back this up need to speak to an agent for advice 9b12fe45-9854-459b-b496-c4ec04c24489
  9. I have been charged $59 a yea for several years and I try to dispute the charges. I don't...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been charged $59 a yea for several years and I try to dispute the charges. I don't...: I have been charged $59 a yea for several years and I try to dispute the charges. I don't have X Box, don't live at the address of record and no longer want to see this charge, what do I do....
  10. I have 24 charges on my account that I do not know what it is for that I want to dispute.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 24 charges on my account that I do not know what it is for that I want to dispute.: I do not know what these charges are for. Requesting reimbursement please. Thank you fb758161-00c4-475e-a69b-d2da0167eae7