Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X.

Discus and support Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an ASUS VG28U 144Hz 4k UHD monitor with my Xbox Series X. According to my Xbox, the display is compatible for 120Hz UHD gaming but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by quakertoo, Jan 23, 2023.

1. quakertoo
    quakertoo Guest

Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X.

Hello, I am using an ASUS VG28U 144Hz 4k UHD monitor with my Xbox Series X. According to my Xbox, the display is compatible for 120Hz UHD gaming but every now and then when playing a game my display will just go black and then turn back on after a couple seconds. This issue doesn't occur when I use the display with my laptop or desktop, what should I try to fix it?

:)

quakertoo, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Quakertoo, Is this happening only in some games or with all the games you try to play?

Have you tried any procedures on your device, if so, which ones?
  3. quakertoo Win User

Hi Georges, thanks you for the warm welcome.

It occurs with every game I try to play, I haven't tried much procedures, I couldn't think of any to do. Do you have any suggestions? I know my monitor's firmware is up to date.
  4. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  5. LucaAvvinti Win User

Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X games

So, I recently noticed that my Xbox Series X fan runs loud when playing Series X|S / Optimised for Series X|S games specifically.

It’s quite strange as it’s dead quiet every other time, but as soon as I start a Series X|S game, the fan becomes so loud that I need to turn up the tv volume.. it’s quite distracting.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions?

FYI - My Series X is a pre-order/launch day model.. and it sits in an open and well ventilated tv/entertainment stand*

In comparison, I owned an Xbox One S for three years and I never heard the fan on that.
    I’m having the exact same problem now. The only time my Xbox sounds loud is when running series x enhanced games, it’s completely fine on old gen games. Have you had this issue fixed or is it still a problem now?
  6. Grez1 Win User

Xbox telling me I have to remove a device to play a game

Hi, Georges. Neither game mentioned above is listed as an XBox 360 game. I'm currently trying to play on my XBox One-X (my series X is going to have to go in for a warranty claim, as it's turning on, but not currently able to display a picture :( ).

I believe that I had this happen with Spartan Runner on my Series X as well, and eventually I just gave up.
Thema:

1. Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X. - Similar Threads - Display turn black

2. Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is unresponsive to any inputs once turned on, and it won't display on tv: I had turned on my xbox one s this morning only to be met by a black screen. I made sure the tv was on and it was. I did the normal thing to do, and power cycled my console. Once I turned it back...
  3. Display turning off mid game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Display turning off mid game: I recently got a new motherboard but ever since I got it when I'm in the middle of a game my display turns off the rest of the computer still works audio and all everything is still running but I...
  4. most times I try and load into a different app/ game my display turns off and I have to...

in XboX Insiders
    most times I try and load into a different app/ game my display turns off and I have to...: it’s not major but it’s very annoying submitted by /u/guusii [link] [comments]
  5. xbox one turns off after about 1 minute of turning it on and doesn't display image.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one turns off after about 1 minute of turning it on and doesn't display image.: i've tried the blow dryer trick and all the troubleshooting relays, i even cleaned it up too 83dfa647-f012-4558-8987-b1662a8fec57
  6. The display will not turn off after XSX is turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    The display will not turn off after XSX is turned off: After shutdown, the display will continue to display for several minutes before turning off This usually occurs a few hours after playing the game If you turn it off as soon as you turn it on,...
  7. How to turn on HUD(Heads Up Display) in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to turn on HUD(Heads Up Display) in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: So I recently downloaded Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 and I had it about 6 months ago before I uninstalled it. When I got it for the first time I didn't have this problem but now I do. The...
  8. Just received my xbox series x and hooked it up. I turned it on and no display on my tv....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Just received my xbox series x and hooked it up. I turned it on and no display on my tv....: After talking to support yesterday I was told I have a defective xbox. I literally just took it out of the box and tried to get it all set up. Nothing displays on any of my tvs when I hook it up....
  9. I Reset My Xbox One And Now My Xbox Will Turn On But Will Not Display That It Is On, I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Reset My Xbox One And Now My Xbox Will Turn On But Will Not Display That It Is On, I...: Hello, just yesterday I had reset my Xbox One and now it has completely stopped functioning. When I try and turn the Xbox on it will display on the Xbox itself and that the Xbox is on, and my...
  10. Xbox one X turning on then off, no display.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one X turning on then off, no display.: I had an update last night, then I shut off my xbox, and this morning it wont turn on or even display. Anyone else have a similar issue or know a fix? Ive tried unplugging, holding down power,...