Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X.

Discus and support Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I am using an ASUS VG28U 144Hz 4k UHD monitor with my Xbox Series X. According to my Xbox, the display is compatible for 120Hz UHD gaming but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by quakertoo, Jan 23, 2023.

1. quakertoo
    quakertoo Guest

Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X.

Hello, I am using an ASUS VG28U 144Hz 4k UHD monitor with my Xbox Series X. According to my Xbox, the display is compatible for 120Hz UHD gaming but every now and then when playing a game my display will just go black and then turn back on after a couple seconds. This issue doesn't occur when I use the display with my laptop or desktop, what should I try to fix it?

:)

quakertoo, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Quakertoo, Is this happening only in some games or with all the games you try to play?

Have you tried any procedures on your device, if so, which ones?
  3. quakertoo Win User

Hi Georges, thanks you for the warm welcome.

It occurs with every game I try to play, I haven't tried much procedures, I couldn't think of any to do. Do you have any suggestions? I know my monitor's firmware is up to date.
  4. DeRpY SmUrFy300 Win User

Xbox Shutting down

The Xbox Series X turns itself off randomly to protect itself from overheating or when there is no power.The majority of reports of the Xbox
    Series X turning off appear to be related to next-gen games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
  5. ____ _____ Win User

black ops 2 game chat

It’s every Xbox 360 I tried for black ops 1 and game chat doesn’t work too on my Xbox series x
  6. eG x Thee Elf Win User

Green Xbox Logo then Black Green

First eject any disc in your console, then hold the Xbox power button for 10 seconds until it turns off. Now press and hold BOTH the Power button and the Eject button together for 5-10 seconds until the Xbox turns on. This should boot it into low resolution
    mode. If you get past the black screen, go to Settings, Display & Sound, and change the resolution to fit your TV.
Thema:

1. Display will turn black for ~5 seconds every now and then when gaming on my Xbox Series X. - Similar Threads - Display turn black

2. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  3. Xbox One S turns on and displays are OK, but each screen moves the "cursor" to the far...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on and displays are OK, but each screen moves the "cursor" to the far...: Xbox One S 'from ~2018 hasn't been used in about a year. When made operational, all screens move subject (cursor) to the far right of the display and won't return to normal operation. I've...
  4. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don't own Xbox console and I only play...
  5. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don’t own Xbox console and I only play...
  6. Turn off fps display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off fps display: I got a new TV with a better refresh rate, when I was in settings this thing came up it was purple Overscreen. Now my fps is always displayed ironically its really annoying. It's on Xbox and not...
  7. When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.: When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything. I have tried different hdmi cords, different tv, unplug wait and plug In again, low res start up, nothing has...
  8. My Xbox turns on and doesn’t display image and the pair button doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and doesn’t display image and the pair button doesn’t work: I turn on my Xbox after doing a osu1 update and the display started slowly going as I turned the console off and on 7d987eb4-4e61-47c4-8389-408541436f6f
  9. What do i do when my Xbox one displays “No Signal” whenever i try turning it on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What do i do when my Xbox one displays “No Signal” whenever i try turning it on?: whenever i attempt to turn my xbox one on, all that happens is it displays a “No Signal” screen. a27bd626-f42c-4486-a0f2-338f832e9f6a
  10. Xbox One turns on, displays green loading screen, then goes to black

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turns on, displays green loading screen, then goes to black: Hi! As the title says, I turn on my Xbox one, it comes on, displays the green screen, and then goes blank. If I hold down the xbox button on the controller, the “what would you like to do?” screen...