Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through

Discus and support Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I think it's about time an option was added to the Bitsream format drop-down menu in the Audio output settings, to allow pass-through of audio... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SchmittyD, Aug 20, 2018.

1. SchmittyD
    SchmittyD Guest

Hi,

I think it's about time an option was added to the
    Bitsream format
    drop-down menu in the Audio output settings, to allow pass-through of audio instead of having to select between
    DTS Digital Surround, Dolby Digital or Dolby Atmos for Home Theatre. This would be beneficial for people who use home theatre AV receivers, so the receiver can detect and decode the correct audio stream from the source being used.

:)

SchmittyD, Aug 20, 2018
  2. I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.

Paraffin Alien, Aug 20, 2018
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    Optical output not working

Hello, did you check that optical audio output hasn't been turned off on the Xbox at all.

You will find that in settings/ all settings/ display & sound/ Audio output.

EggsBoxJuan, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through

This would be better off posted on the Xbox ideas website here.
    xboxideas.uservoice.com The more votes it gets, the more chance it will be put in a future update.

StuartATrueRed, Aug 20, 2018
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

This would be better off posted on the Xbox ideas website here.
    xboxideas.uservoice.com The more votes it gets, the more chance it will be put in a future update.
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

I have video but no sound

Have you checked the audio output settings on the console?

Go to settings,

select Display & Sound

select Audio Output

and there you will see a choice of either HDMI audio or optical audio.

Check to make sure HDMI audio is selected

As if it`s set to optical you will not get an audio output through the HDMI cable.
  7. coco meat train Win User

Xbox one and Samsung UHD

Can you get to your systen settings, display and sound, audio output and tell me what the HDMI audio setting is set to?
  8. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Mute Bug Fixes on Xbox One S aren't working

Kicking a can here but... Check Settings>Display and audio>Audio settings to see thats it's not turned off!
    Should be >Display and sounds>Audio output
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Optical output not working

Hello, did you check that optical audio output hasn't been turned off on the Xbox at all.

You will find that in settings/ all settings/ display & sound/ Audio output.
Thema:

1. Display & sound settings - Audio output - Pass Through - Similar Threads - Display sound settings

2. Xbox series X sound and display issue.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series X sound and display issue.: Finally got an Xbox series x. Brand new, non refurbished. Open it up and connect it to my LG UH6030. The television supports 60hz refresh rate at 4k UHD resolution. The Xbox turns on and boots...
  3. Weird display and no sound on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Weird display and no sound on Xbox One S: My display is really shrunk down and I have no sound. It looks like it would fit on an old style tube TV. TV itself is not the problem as everything else is working. Is there a fix? ETA: changing...
  4. No display or sound on tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    No display or sound on tv: I have the first model xbox one. It lights up on console but i am not getting any picture or sound from tv. I have tried replacing the hdmi cord and tried a different hdmi port on tv to a port...
  5. Xbox one has no display on TV only sound.... but then works ok on a pc monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has no display on TV only sound.... but then works ok on a pc monitor: black screen on TV but with sound. just cant see a picture plugged into pc monitor (Displayport - hdmi adaptor) and works fine? nothing changed just powered on this morning...
  6. lack of sound and display when playing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lack of sound and display when playing: this past week I have lost at least 27 cards playing bingo..I play 3 at a time. I can't hear numbers being called and they do not show on the screen...Am I doing something or hitting a key or...
  7. Wireless Display (Preview) App no longer streaming sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wireless Display (Preview) App no longer streaming sound: The wireless display (preview) app used to work great to stream my Windows 10 PC to the Xbox One. But now, starting a few days ago, it only works to stream video. The sound only plays on my PC, it...
  8. Xbox One X - Display and Sound problems - cant play in native 4k@60hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Display and Sound problems - cant play in native 4k@60hz: Recently bought the new xbox, and when i connect it to my tv, it says everything is ok. My tv supports 4k UHD (60hz), your tv supports 10-bit 4K at 60hz, and so on... But under "playing games" it...
  9. Xbox 360 Video Problem.Outputs sound but no display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Video Problem.Outputs sound but no display: So this is what happened.Couple of months ago my component or av cable broke.SO I started to use my XBOX 360 E on HDTV using HDMI Cable.Because of my exams I wasn't able to get another one as I...
  10. 360 won't display sound or video on Samsung 40'

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 won't display sound or video on Samsung 40': Hello, When connecting my xbox 360 to my Samsung LCD ln40a330j1d via HDMI, the lights turn on the xbox as usual, but I get a "no signal" error on my tv screen. I hear no sound, although will get...