Disk reading issues

Discus and support Disk reading issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i have a issue with couple of games I have bought they can not be read or downloaded at all does not come up with any error code at all. xbox one s... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by stephaniedavenport1, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Disk reading issues

Hi i have a issue with couple of games I have bought they can not be read or downloaded at all does not come up with any error code at all. xbox one s but no issue with reading any other new or old games after sitting there and having a good look at the games as I was thinking maybe disk drive needed servicing or something, I have noticed The 4 games that do not work all all not from the eu I purchased them from ebay. I know two of the games did previously work a long time ago but (that maybe we'll have been on previously owned xbox one) now do not on one s. Could this still be a service job needed or something where these disk cannot be played in UK. australia, Germany and Poland they are from if this helps. Has anyone heard of this and do they know if they should work from these regions or not.

:)

stephaniedavenport1, Nov 10, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

Well, according to Microsoft:

"Game discs for the Xbox console are not coded to regions"

So, on that basis, game discs from another region shouldn't make a difference (it would be different if they were movie discs)

If the drive is simply not recognising there is a disc inserted, then it may be the particular laser diode thingy is malfunctioning....the Xbox has 2 diodes: One for reading DVD discs and one for reading Blu-Ray discs. If the games are Blu-Ray discs, try playing a Blu-Ray movie disc (if you have one to hand)...if it plays fine, then the Laser Diode is working and it's something else
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

Have had a quick look at my 3 disc games (one Xbox One, 2 Xbox 360) and, yes, the XB1 disc has 2 rings there.

However, on the picture side of the disc, there is a silver ring around the hole...on Xbox 360 games, you will see XBox 360 in the Silver area or Xbox One depending on the platform
  4. stephaniedavenport1 Win User

Disk reading issues

Just to add these discs are xbox one games to all have difrent some have the 2 ring codes and some have 1 ring barcodes and the ones that have the 1 barcodes don't work but are definitely xbox one games and a lot are bought from shop as have just gone through massive collection of games and found more that do not work that I have not played in a while.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

From what I understand, Xbox One games are always Blu-Ray discs...so, if the games are XBox One games, then it sounds like it's an issue with the discs themselves if the console will play a Blu-Ray movie without issue.

If the discs are Xbox 360 discs (DVD discs), then it sounds like the Laser diode thing is faulty if non-game DVDs sometimes have issues
  6. stephaniedavenport1 Win User

Disk reading issues

Hi all thanks for help have tried blu Ray disc that works perfect. And thinking about it sometimes a normal dvd decides one day it wants to work and another it does not want to work not sure about that. I don't know how to tell if the game is a blu Ray or not I just know they are xbox one games compatability and one is even xbox one x series compatible to. And unfortunately I do not have another xbox to try. The other xbox in home is disc free.
Thema:

Disk reading issues

1. Disk reading issues - Similar Threads - Disk reading issues

2. xbox series x does not read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x does not read disk: unable to play games from disk . I have done everything but a factory reset.does the blu ray reader go bad? 182a1bca-85b2-4b5c-b31c-60efe3590c86
  3. Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!: (Xbox one) o I recently have purchased gta 5 and ea fc 24, yet when I insert the disk, the Xbox doesn’t even read them, it won’t even load the game or give the option to install, and when I load...
  4. Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray: Copy and paste post from another person with the same issue that got no answers: tried installing forza horizon with a disc on my Xbox series X as it is now backwards compatible. insert the disc...
  5. My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?: Today (12th November, 2023), trying to play games on disks, however, my Xbox One is not reading any of them. The common error I get is: Check your disc Your disc may be dirty or damaged. Try...
  6. EaFC24 Won't Read disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EaFC24 Won't Read disk: Hi, Bought our son FC24 for birthday, put it in today and console won't read the disk. Tried other games and they read OK, even tried the game on other sons console and that one reads it and...
  7. my Xbox one X does not wants to read specific disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox one X does not wants to read specific disks: I recently upgraded from xbox one original to xbox one x so basically sense i upgraded i noticed to the xbox one x flat out refuses to read specific disks but reads any other disks i have. those...
  8. My Xbox series x isn't reading any old xbox disks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x isn't reading any old xbox disks: My xbox series x won't read any disks other than xbox one disk such as xbox 360 disks or original xbox disks 0c84cf5e-0e50-4b1a-8836-ed195201b4ad
  9. My Doom Eternal (Battlemode) disk is not reading but I can still fully load up the game,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Doom Eternal (Battlemode) disk is not reading but I can still fully load up the game,...: I wasn't really able to find any definite answer online and I am just trying to figure out if I need to buy the game again. It cemetery loads up and connects to bethesda.net but I still don't...
  10. Disk read error 21.0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk read error 21.0: Does anyone know how to fix this? Tried everything, power cycle, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, tried another disk in the system and they work f0638deb-ff31-468e-a3b9-174f27667ff4