Disk read issues and Controller connection issues.

Discus and support Disk read issues and Controller connection issues. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought this thing yesterday. The controllers worked, but no games were read from the console. I learned that I need to get some sort of laser... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aizen Shisuke, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Disk read issues and Controller connection issues.

I just bought this thing yesterday. The controllers worked, but no games were read from the console. I learned that I need to get some sort of laser cleaning disk. So I gave up. Today, I turned on the Xbox to listen to music on my USB device. System turns
    on, but the controller WILL NOT connect. Yes, I've tried reconnecting with the buttons, yes, I've tried draining the power. No, it does not work with my other controllers either! Please help me fix these. At least tell me what may be happening to this NEW
    Xbox 360.

:)

Aizen Shisuke, Jan 5, 2014
  2. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Disk Read Issues

Which console do you have? The original FAT or the 360 Slim? Also, is it an official xbox 360 hard drive? If it is not an official 360 drive the original games will not work.

onyxishere, Jan 5, 2014
  3. bestJever45
    bestJever45 Guest
    Disk Read Issues

My XBOX 360 won´t read Original XBOX discs, like Halo or Counterstrike, it downloaded the newest software update and also a 120 GB harddrive exists.

Every time i´ll start the games it says: ERROR. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE GAME AGAIN ...................HELP UNDER WWW.XBOX:COM/SUPPORT

How can i solve this problem?????

Sorry for my bad English

bestJever45, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Hannah8596
    Hannah8596 Guest

If it is new then I would take it back to the store and exchange / return and get a new system. I had disc read problems off and on a little at first and right after warranty expired it got bad, brand new games gave me disc unrecognized errors. I looked
    into getting it fixed and they want too much to repair it. I should have sent it to be repaired as soon as I had first problems.

Hannah8596, Jan 5, 2014
  5. MattKV1
    MattKV1 Guest
    Hello Aizen Shisuke,

If you are following the correct steps to load your game disc in your console's tray, and you know the correct steps to connect your wireless controller, I agree with Hannah8596's suggestion to exchange / return your console for a new one. There is no reason
    to have a non-functioning disc drive for a brand new console. This seems like the best path to take for your current situation. Thank you and good luck.

MattKV1, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Well I figured out the controller issue..See, my personal tv doesn't have an HDMI slot, but that's the cord I have. Connecting the controllers did not work as my system was not connected to a television. I found an HDMI -compatible tv and both controllers
    work now.

The disk thing is still a slight issue. But as google, youtube, and tons of forums have told me, tapping on the system does the trick.

Edit: While I'm here, one more question. Can I put pictures on my system and upload them as my gamertag photo? This website says that I can only do that from the system.

Aizen Shisuke, Jan 6, 2014
  7. Hey there

Welcome to the forums

Yeah you can upload your pictures as your Gamer Picture for your account.All you need to do is have your pictures onto a USB stick, then plug the USB stick into the Xbox 360. From there you should be able to go into the Avitar editor and select gamer picture.
    You should then be able to brows though your pictures on your USB stick and set them as your gamer Picture.

I hope this helps with your console

Regards

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Oct 31, 2018
  8. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Hey there

Welcome to the forums

Yeah you can upload your pictures as your Gamer Picture for your account.All you need to do is have your pictures onto a USB stick, then plug the USB stick into the Xbox 360. From there you should be able to go into the Avitar editor and select gamer picture.
    You should then be able to brows though your pictures on your USB stick and set them as your gamer Picture.

I hope this helps with your console

Regards
  9. Aizen Shisuke Win User

Well I figured out the controller issue..See, my personal tv doesn't have an HDMI slot, but that's the cord I have. Connecting the controllers did not work as my system was not connected to a television. I found an HDMI -compatible tv and both controllers
    work now.

The disk thing is still a slight issue. But as google, youtube, and tons of forums have told me, tapping on the system does the trick.

Edit: While I'm here, one more question. Can I put pictures on my system and upload them as my gamertag photo? This website says that I can only do that from the system.
  10. Hannah8596 Win User

If it is new then I would take it back to the store and exchange / return and get a new system. I had disc read problems off and on a little at first and right after warranty expired it got bad, brand new games gave me disc unrecognized errors. I looked
    into getting it fixed and they want too much to repair it. I should have sent it to be repaired as soon as I had first problems.
  11. MattKV1 Win User

Hello Aizen Shisuke,

If you are following the correct steps to load your game disc in your console's tray, and you know the correct steps to connect your wireless controller, I agree with Hannah8596's suggestion to exchange / return your console for a new one. There is no reason
    to have a non-functioning disc drive for a brand new console. This seems like the best path to take for your current situation. Thank you and good luck.
  12. Nursemorph Win User

Disk reading issues

Well, according to Microsoft:

"Game discs for the Xbox console are not coded to regions"

So, on that basis, game discs from another region shouldn't make a difference (it would be different if they were movie discs)

If the drive is simply not recognising there is a disc inserted, then it may be the particular laser diode thingy is malfunctioning....the Xbox has 2 diodes: One for reading DVD discs and one for reading Blu-Ray discs. If the games are Blu-Ray discs, try playing a Blu-Ray movie disc (if you have one to hand)...if it plays fine, then the Laser Diode is working and it's something else
Thema:

1. Disk read issues and Controller connection issues. - Similar Threads - Disk read issues

2. xbox series x does not read disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series x does not read disk: unable to play games from disk . I have done everything but a factory reset.does the blu ray reader go bad? 182a1bca-85b2-4b5c-b31c-60efe3590c86
  3. Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game disks not being read, help!!!: (Xbox one) o I recently have purchased gta 5 and ea fc 24, yet when I insert the disk, the Xbox doesn’t even read them, it won’t even load the game or give the option to install, and when I load...
  4. Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X reading Forza horizon 1 disk as Blu-ray: Copy and paste post from another person with the same issue that got no answers: tried installing forza horizon with a disc on my Xbox series X as it is now backwards compatible. insert the disc...
  5. My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One cannot read any disks. How can I fix this?: Today (12th November, 2023), trying to play games on disks, however, my Xbox One is not reading any of them. The common error I get is: Check your disc Your disc may be dirty or damaged. Try...
  6. EaFC24 Won't Read disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EaFC24 Won't Read disk: Hi, Bought our son FC24 for birthday, put it in today and console won't read the disk. Tried other games and they read OK, even tried the game on other sons console and that one reads it and...
  7. my Xbox one X does not wants to read specific disks

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox one X does not wants to read specific disks: I recently upgraded from xbox one original to xbox one x so basically sense i upgraded i noticed to the xbox one x flat out refuses to read specific disks but reads any other disks i have. those...
  8. My Xbox series x isn't reading any old xbox disks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox series x isn't reading any old xbox disks: My xbox series x won't read any disks other than xbox one disk such as xbox 360 disks or original xbox disks 0c84cf5e-0e50-4b1a-8836-ed195201b4ad
  9. My Doom Eternal (Battlemode) disk is not reading but I can still fully load up the game,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Doom Eternal (Battlemode) disk is not reading but I can still fully load up the game,...: I wasn't really able to find any definite answer online and I am just trying to figure out if I need to buy the game again. It cemetery loads up and connects to bethesda.net but I still don't...
  10. Disk read error 21.0

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disk read error 21.0: Does anyone know how to fix this? Tried everything, power cycle, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, tried another disk in the system and they work f0638deb-ff31-468e-a3b9-174f27667ff4