Dishonored: Definitive Edition not launching on XBox App PC

Discus and support Dishonored: Definitive Edition not launching on XBox App PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded Dishonored from the XBox pc app, it launched the first time but crashed right after the Press Any Key screen when the xbox connection... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ThéoMartel, Feb 25, 2022.

1. ThéoMartel
    ThéoMartel Guest

Hi,
    I downloaded Dishonored from the XBox pc app, it launched the first time but crashed right after the Press Any Key screen when the xbox connection popup showed up. Since then, every time I try to launch the game, it shows error popups saying missing DLLs (GDKAPI.dll and some others...).
    I tried many things already, fixing using the microsoft's troubleshoot stuff, reinstalling the game, restarting and so on... Nothing works.
    The curious thing is, I looked into the game folder and the DLLs are there, next to the game exec. And if I copy the game folder outside of the windowApps dir, the game launch, but can't reach the game's main menu as it needs the xbox connection...
    If someone could help me it would be nice, it driving me crazy : )

:)

ThéoMartel, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello ThéoMartel, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. ThéoMartel Win User

Hi
    Thank you so much, the Xbox app and the game work perfectly now

My pc run on Windows 10 20H2 since I bought it, I didn't notice there was a new 21H2 version. I made the update and it solves the problem (I tested several times to be sure :D)
  4. multivitamin599 Win User

Dishonored ist nur auf Englisch [Translation: Dishonored is in English only]

Hallo

Dishonored Dishonored Definitive Edition im XBOX Store gekauft,

aber alles in Englisch?????

XBOX ist aber auf deutsch eingestellt.

Gibt es eine Lösung?

[Translation: Hello

Dishonored Dishonored Definitive Edition purchased XBOX Store,

but all in English ?????

XBOX is however set to German.

Is there a solution?]
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Dishonoured 2 Pre-order

Hey Gudget,

Dishonored: Definitive Edition is not sent out through codes, but rather the license should be automatically applied. Have you tried downloading Dishonored: Definitive Edition through the Xbox Store? Try searching for that title on the Xbox Store and let
    us know if you're able to download it! :)

Thanks!
  6. multivitamin599 Win User

Dishonored ist nur auf Englisch [Translation: Dishonored is in English only]

Hallo,

schön dass ihr den Fehler gefunden habt.

Dishonored Definitive Edition ist im XBOX-Store Deutschland jetzt definitiv in DEUTSCH verfügbar!

Vielen Dank!

[Translation: Hello,

nice that you have found the error.

Dishonored Definitive Edition is in XBOX-Store Germany now definitely available in GERMAN!

Thank you so much!]
Thema:

1. Dishonored: Definitive Edition not launching on XBox App PC - Similar Threads - Dishonored Definitive Edition

2. Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.

in XboX Insiders
    Age of Empires II: Definitive edition always crashes at launch.: When I try to launch Age Of Empires II: Definitive Edition, the game always crashes after a few seconds when displaying Microsoft Studio logo. My console location is set to Greece and language...
  3. My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Age of Empires II: Definite Edition purchase is not recognised.: Not much left to be said. I own the game and the store offers me to buy it again. Xbox app does recognize that I own it, I even see the achievements, can't install for there, because that is buggy...
  4. I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely: Hello, I am a new game pass member, I wanted to play Dishonored game series but I strictly cannot play the game as it is stuck in an infinite loading screen. Never have experienced such problem...
  5. issue with AoE II Definitive edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    issue with AoE II Definitive edition: , play twice and now when open the game it only show it;s syncing info but never goes further, already delete and reinstall and is the same. game do not move from syncing in the load screen....
  6. Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars Definitive Edition server issue: Halo Wars Definitive Edition , Not able too seach or create a game says waiting on Xbox Live . It appears its doing this for others as well. Please help thanks in advance...
  7. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition crashes when loading saved game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tomb Raider Definitive Edition crashes when loading saved game: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition keeps on crashing back to Xbox home page when I load my saved game. It will go to the loading screen but then after a few seconds crash. How do i fix this?? I’m 47%...
  8. Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears as not bought: Hi, Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition appears in Microsoft Store as not bought. I have bought it on 14.11.2019. Order-number is 5649573315. Thanks 8204c376-072e-4135-94b7-a5820f58facf
  9. Dishonored Death of the Outsider Achievements not unlocking.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored Death of the Outsider Achievements not unlocking.: PC Gamepass Dishonored Death of the Outsider achievements not unlocking for me. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. I've seen multiple posts regarding this but no solution....
  10. (XBOX360) Death Before Dishonor Recruiting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (XBOX360) Death Before Dishonor Recruiting: Death Before Dishonor (DBD) is a friendly clan/community (cause we also have a COD:Ghosts portion) is recruiting for BF4 on the 360 im sure you all have had experiences with DBD over the years but...