Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores

Discus and support Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, there are more and more complains from people in the german forum, that they have purchased Dishonored DE from the german or austrian store, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EXLEX, Jun 19, 2016.

1. EXLEX
    EXLEX Guest

Hi,

there are more and more complains from people in the german forum, that they have purchased Dishonored DE from the german or austrian store, but received the english version. I know that the disc version is 100% german.

Please tell me here when this issue is fixed so I can tell them to reload the game.

Many thanks

:)

EXLEX, Jun 19, 2016
  2. EXLEX
    EXLEX Guest
    Think I understand the problem now !

@ M3tal Daz3

Dishonored (360) is not the problem ! The Definitive Edition (ONE) is !

The problem is, that Bethesda published an "english, french, spanish" version and a "french, italian, german, spanish" version. But the language for the Definitive Edition in the german and austrian store was based on the "english, french, spanish" version.

So if the game does not support the language, it doesn't matter what your console is set to !

Let's just wait what the Support will tell us ! ; )

EXLEX, Jun 19, 2016
  3. EXLEX
    EXLEX Guest

Sorry that I have to open a new thread about the Dishonored issue but thanks to your answer I think I do understand the mayor problem about the language issue of that game now;

The publicher submitted different versions to Microsoft !

In the original thread You suggested that the language of the Defintive Edition is transfered by the digital version of the 360 version and the 360 version is not offered in german. But that's not true ! It seems that Bethesda submitted different versions
    to Microsoft.

Here is the
    LINK
    to the offer of Dishonored 360 in the US store. Under "Overview" you find the following information;

"The Games on Demand version supports English, French, Spanish."

Here is what is shown when You follow the
    LINK
    to the german store ! Under "Übersicht " you get this;

" Die Games on Demand-Version unterstützt Französisch, Italienisch, Deutsch, Spanisch" (don't really have to translate that, right ? ; ) )

So the upload of the Definitive Edition in the german and austrian store was based on the version of the 360 version in the US store !

As Bethesda already answered, they gave the right version(s) to Microsoft, but MS put the wrong version to the german and austrian stores.

I hope these informations help to solve this issue ! Wouldn't it a pity if they localised the game and then it's not offered ?! ; )

THX

EXLEX, Jun 19, 2016
  4. EXLEX
    EXLEX Guest

Great !

3 weeks later - nothing happened and no response ! The Deinitive Edition of Dishonored is still offered as the english version.

One of the affected customers contacted Bethesda and got following answer:

" Vielen Dank, dass Sie das Bethesda Support Team kontaktiert haben.

Ich heiße Nadja. Gerne assistiere ich Ihnen bei Ihrem Problem.

Es tut mir schrecklich leid, dass es passiert ist. Bitte, wenden Sie sich unter Xbox One Support | Xbox 360 Support | Xbox Live and Billing Supportan den Xbox-Kundensupport, da es ein Problem mit der Spiel-Version, die auf XBOX Store hochgeladen
    wurde, ist und wir leider keinen Einfluss darauf haben. Wir haben keinen Zugriff auf das XbOX Store und können das Problem leider nicht weiter untersuchen. "

Means they don't have influence of the uploaded version and he should reach out for the Xbox Support !

But however, we the customers have a Microsoft console and we purchase in the
    Microsoft store ! Why should we talk to anyone else but
    Microsoft
    anyway ? Is it our job to take care of the Microsoft store ?

We give you feedback and we expect that Microsoft takes care of it ! We don't really care who is responsible for an issue, we just want it to be fixed and
    not to be ignored !

So get down on it ! soon !

EXLEX, Jul 10, 2016
  5. Hey, EXLEX! The Xbox 360 version of this game (the original
    Dishonored
    ) does not come in German on the digital version. This generally transfers over to the Xbox One. Disc versions are not the same as digital versions. If you would like this changed, you would need to reach out to Bethesda, as we have no way to
    add in a language for their game unless they give it to us like that. Sorry for the delay in responding, we get really busy around E3 here in the US. Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores :)

Because languages are based on what the developer/publisher submits to us, and there is no troubleshooting that we are able to do, this thread is going to be locked. If you need assistance with any other support issue, please post up a new detailed thread
    so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks for understanding!

Misses Quinzel, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey, EXLEX! The Xbox 360 version of this game (the original
    Dishonored
    ) does not come in German on the digital version. This generally transfers over to the Xbox One. Disc versions are not the same as digital versions. If you would like this changed, you would need to reach out to Bethesda, as we have no way to
    add in a language for their game unless they give it to us like that. Sorry for the delay in responding, we get really busy around E3 here in the US. :)

Because languages are based on what the developer/publisher submits to us, and there is no troubleshooting that we are able to do, this thread is going to be locked. If you need assistance with any other support issue, please post up a new detailed thread
    so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks for understanding!
  7. EXLEX Win User

Great !

3 weeks later - nothing happened and no response ! The Deinitive Edition of Dishonored is still offered as the english version.

One of the affected customers contacted Bethesda and got following answer:

" Vielen Dank, dass Sie das Bethesda Support Team kontaktiert haben.

Ich heiße Nadja. Gerne assistiere ich Ihnen bei Ihrem Problem.

Es tut mir schrecklich leid, dass es passiert ist. Bitte, wenden Sie sich unter https://support.xbox.com/an den Xbox-Kundensupport, da es ein Problem mit der Spiel-Version, die auf XBOX Store hochgeladen
    wurde, ist und wir leider keinen Einfluss darauf haben. Wir haben keinen Zugriff auf das XbOX Store und können das Problem leider nicht weiter untersuchen. "

Means they don't have influence of the uploaded version and he should reach out for the Xbox Support !

But however, we the customers have a Microsoft console and we purchase in the
    Microsoft store ! Why should we talk to anyone else but
    Microsoft
    anyway ? Is it our job to take care of the Microsoft store ?

We give you feedback and we expect that Microsoft takes care of it ! We don't really care who is responsible for an issue, we just want it to be fixed and
    not to be ignored !

So get down on it ! soon !
  8. EXLEX Win User

@ M3tal Daz3

Dishonored (360) is not the problem ! The Definitive Edition (ONE) is !

The problem is, that Bethesda published an "english, french, spanish" version and a "french, italian, german, spanish" version. But the language for the Definitive Edition in the german and austrian store was based on the "english, french, spanish" version.

So if the game does not support the language, it doesn't matter what your console is set to !

Let's just wait what the Support will tell us ! ; )
  9. A to the K84 Win User

Transformers: War for Cybertron Pegi unspielbar in Englisch

I got the exactly same problem with that game.

like deadly honest, I´m from austria too and I bought that game recently in an austrian store called "libro".

Libro is pretty huge in austria and normally everything´s fine. except with that game.

it´s the pegi 12 version. the package and the manual are in english, but the game does not run in english or german.

the region were my account is registered to does match my physical location. I got the old elite version with 120 GB

is there a possibility to download a german or an english audio track?

I´m starting to get frustrated about that :(
  10. multivitamin599 Win User

Dishonored ist nur auf Englisch [Translation: Dishonored is in English only]

Hallo

Dishonored Dishonored Definitive Edition im XBOX Store gekauft,

aber alles in Englisch?????

XBOX ist aber auf deutsch eingestellt.

Gibt es eine Lösung?

[Translation: Hello

Dishonored Dishonored Definitive Edition purchased XBOX Store,

but all in English ?????

XBOX is however set to German.

Is there a solution?]
Thema:

1. Dishonored DE - english version in german and austrian stores - Similar Threads - Dishonored english version

2. Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X shows English (United Kingdom) Language pack installed when everything is set...: So I was going to update my xbox last night to get the update that fixed the save issue in Baldur's Gate 3 and noticed when I go to check update status that it shows English United Kingdom...
  3. I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install assasin's creed Valhalla on my PC in English via the Xbox app?: I am having trouble installing assasins creed Valhalla on my PC via the xbox app as it won't let it install in English? It is giving me the option to install in other various languages except for...
  4. Xbox messages are now in Russian, use to be in English not sure what changed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox messages are now in Russian, use to be in English not sure what changed?: Messages from xbox are now in what looks to be Russian. If I look back at previous messages from xbox it looks like it changed to Russian earlier this year. Everything else is in English. My...
  5. I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot play Dishonored definitive edition, the game is stuck on loading screen infinitely: Hello, I am a new game pass member, I wanted to play Dishonored game series but I strictly cannot play the game as it is stuck in an infinite loading screen. Never have experienced such problem...
  6. I want to know how to get my flight simulator to work in English print

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to know how to get my flight simulator to work in English print: My Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th edition Premiere works OK except everything is in a foreign language.. The narrator is in English but the writing isn't. When I downloaded the program I chose...
  7. Unsubscribe from Xbox non-English list?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unsubscribe from Xbox non-English list?: How can I unsubscribe from whatever list has Xbox sending me messages in other languages? I'm American and I've never owned an Xbox or any other Microsoft hardware. I've used Windows and I know...
  8. Xbox should be using the English Alphabet, but it's using Alphabets from other countries.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox should be using the English Alphabet, but it's using Alphabets from other countries.: So it's set to English, the standard English alphabet is usually what my xbox uses. But now it's using letters from other countries, strung together to form English words. The letters are similar...
  9. Dishonored Death of the Outsider Achievements not unlocking.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dishonored Death of the Outsider Achievements not unlocking.: PC Gamepass Dishonored Death of the Outsider achievements not unlocking for me. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. I've seen multiple posts regarding this but no solution....
  10. (XBOX360) Death Before Dishonor Recruiting

in XBoX Games and Apps
    (XBOX360) Death Before Dishonor Recruiting: Death Before Dishonor (DBD) is a friendly clan/community (cause we also have a COD:Ghosts portion) is recruiting for BF4 on the 360 im sure you all have had experiences with DBD over the years but...