Dish ViP211z: One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel...

Discus and support Dish ViP211z: One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel... in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; Dish (Set-top Boxes) ViP211z: One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel listing data? I am having this same issue. I... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by GH0STP1X3L, Dec 19, 2019.

1. GH0STP1X3L
    GH0STP1X3L Guest

Dish ViP211z: One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel...

Dish (Set-top Boxes) ViP211z: One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel listing data?
    I am having this same issue. I understand that Microsoft may no longer want to support the OneGuide and the Xbox One's original intent, as the one box for all of your entertainment needs. But, until they remove the OneGuide I would appreciate it if they
    would continue to support and fix it.

:)

GH0STP1X3L, Dec 19, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Dish ViP211z: One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel listing data?

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  3. cruelshoes Win User

One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel listing data?

Mine is now working again. Thank you Microsoft for taking care of this issue.
  4. GH0STP1X3L Win User

One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel listing data?

Hi ,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums.

As stated in the following support article, Channel list
    or show info is incorrect or missing from the OneGuide
    , "The accuracy of the channel lineup info depends on the public channel lineup databases shared by cable channel providers. There may be a delay
    between the updating of these databases and changes to your local channel lineup." While the exact methods or locations on where Xbox pulls the channel listing data is not disclosed to the public or customer support for various security reasons, it's safe
    to assume that Xbox pulls the information from public databases shared by the cable providers themselves, therefore you would need to contact your provider for more information on their public channel listings and how to find them since that could very likely
    be how Xbox gets the same information. If you've done all of the troubleshooting you've mentioned in your post and from the support article I posted, then at this point there is nothing else that could be suggested on the forums and you will need to report
    this issue with your cable provider and contact Xbox Customer Support again to further escalate this issue since troubleshooting does not seem to help.

I would also suggest sending feedback to the Xbox Insider team to investigate if this has anything to do with a recent Xbox system update. Just be aware you are not likely to get a response, but the information is passed along to the proper investigative
    teams. https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/manage-account/xbox-insider-hub-report-a-problem

I hope this helps!
    Diego, Thanks for the response. I've replied on another thread to your similar response and I'll copy my response to here as well since there are a multitude of posts regarding this bug.

The issue is definitely not with the local source data. The issue is with the One Guide app. There are now multiple posts on this forum board describing the same issue; the One Guide stopped providing channel listing information and only displays "No info
    available". These posts are from people utilizing different TV providers, different set top boxes, and in different locations. Additionally, for me, the channel lineup is still accurate, just no programming data.

I spoke with Xbox Support on 12/16/19, however no solution was provided and the issue was not elevated. With this in mind, how does this bug with the One Guide app get elevated to the appropriate individuals? I ask because while I appreciate that Xbox Support
    is undergoing an information architecture redesign, there is no clear method indicated to customers to report issues while this transition is ongoing.

Thanks.
  5. eryoung Win User

Mine is working too now!!!! 02190 zip code. Thank you to Microsoft for not abandoning The One Guide!!!! Like the Tech support guy said When I called 3 days ago!!! Very Happy now!!!
  6. cruelshoes Win User

I am having this same issue. I understand that Microsoft may no longer want to support the OneGuide and the Xbox One's original intent, as the one box for all of your entertainment needs. But, until they remove the OneGuide I would appreciate it if they
    would continue to support and fix it.
Thema:

1. Dish ViP211z: One Guide "No info available" - From where does the Xbox pull the channel... - Similar Threads - Dish ViP211z Guide

2. Dish VIP612 HD: TV Display

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Dish VIP612 HD: TV Display: Dish (Set-top Boxes) VIP612 HD: TV Display Hello Lee, Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to try the troubleshoot blank screen. There could be few different reasons. Make sure it is in...
  3. How do I benefit from running my dish through my xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I benefit from running my dish through my xbox one?: I REALLY wanted to be able to use my system as a DVR for TV programs but since that got chopped, what benefit do I get for running my Dish through XBox 1 and OneGuide?...
  4. Dish Network Parental Passcode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dish Network Parental Passcode: I have a VIP 722 and it is setup to go through the Xbox One. Everything works fine except I have the parental Pascoe set up one the 722 for content.everyone I change channels to go to a program...
  5. Kinect setup with Dish Joey 2.0 (Hopper 3)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kinect setup with Dish Joey 2.0 (Hopper 3): I can not get the xbox one to recognize my joey 2.0 with dish network... please help me 573f2080-8ee7-41a1-8d30-80c01e135ff7
  6. Dish VP 722 DVR-PanasonicVizio: Locked into using Xbox One for Dish now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dish VP 722 DVR-PanasonicVizio: Locked into using Xbox One for Dish now?: Good day! We have a Panasonic Vizio, Dish VIP 722 DVR. I assigned the Xbox to one of the HDMI ports of the Panasonic TV, and Xbox one found it! Great, right? Well, not exactly. When I switch...
  7. Xbox seem to dish out bans very easily

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox seem to dish out bans very easily: I seem to have come across a few people who join party's through a friend and next day I get bans. This has happened a few times now. The bans have been for communication. I'm 100% sure I've not...
  8. how do i connect my x-box 360 to my dish network tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i connect my x-box 360 to my dish network tv: how do I connect my xbox to my dish tv? 531ead69-a2ad-404f-bff1-1180e7e6d4ba
  9. Xbox 360 connect to DISH receiver/DVR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 connect to DISH receiver/DVR: Alright, here's my predicament, my xbox 360 is fairly old and does not have built in wifi connectivity, I recently bought an xbox one and would like to transfer my profile, since it's an offline...
  10. How to hook up xbox one,xbox 360, el gato, and dish receiver

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to hook up xbox one,xbox 360, el gato, and dish receiver: I am trying to find out exactly how to set up all of consoles/ etc. I have a dish joey hooked to the XBOX One. I have an el gato hooked to the xbox one as well. I connected the xbox 360 directly...