Dish Network & No TV Signal detected after instant-on. Intermittent.

Discus and support Dish Network & No TV Signal detected after instant-on. Intermittent. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Intermittently my XBOX One, enrolled in the Preview Program, will display No TV signal after starting the TV app. I have found that I can sometimes... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jjMustang, Apr 19, 2014.

1. jjMustang
    jjMustang Guest

Intermittently my XBOX One, enrolled in the Preview Program, will display No TV signal after starting the TV app. I have found that I can sometimes power off the Dish Hopper (1st gen) receiver and power it back on a couple of times or bring up a DVR menu
    (push button, but I can't see it) and get it to work. Sometimes I can do an "XBOX Turn Off" command, then turn it back on and it will work. Other times, I have to do a manual 10-sec button push to power-off.

The XBOX is set for instant on. Leaving it powered off is not an option; my wife was already upset that she has to talk to the tv to turn it on.

I have noticed that leaving the DVR paused while turn off the XBOX causes this issue too. I'm wondering if the XBOX is detecting a static image and thinking the input was lost. Just a thought.

Suggestions?

I would also like to throw out the suggestion that an option be made available to default to Full Screen TV at startup. 90% of the usage of our living room TV is to watch TV.

Thanks,

:)

jjMustang, Apr 19, 2014
  2. MARKDS9
    MARKDS9 Guest
    No video at all

Same situation here. DirectV signal detected, Xone talking to both TV and Sat box, but no picture, both 720 &/or 1080p, no picture. On phone support over an hour.....waiting for a call back.

MARKDS9, Apr 19, 2014
  3. R3PUBL1K
    R3PUBL1K Guest
    Xbox not shutting down when using live tv

Hi,

I can't understand why the xbox would not shut down after a period of inactivity,if no signal is detected on the HDMI TV input? Perhaps this feature should be implemented.

R3PUBL1K, Apr 19, 2014
  4. jands72
    jands72 Guest

I have the same dish receiver and the same problem it is becoming very annoying. It happens every time i go to turn on my xbox. I get sound but no video.

jands72, Apr 22, 2014
  5. jjMustang
    jjMustang Guest
    Yes. I get sound but no video, too. It happened again last night, and when it does and I'm not home, my wife doesn't know what do to.

I had to long-press the XBOX One to force it off and reboot.

jjMustang, Apr 22, 2014
  6. jjMustang
    jjMustang Guest
    This evening, I turned on the Xbox. The TV was working in the main tile. I signed in to my wife's profile (not Xbox Gold), opened Skype and set her up so she'd be signed in when I try to Skype her, and then went back to the Home screen. The sound was working,
    but I had the No Signal Detected message when I started TV.

I signed her out and signed in as me and the problem persisted.

I started poking around in settings and changed the source type from Auto-Detect to HDMI. The screen resized to 640x480 and it did not scale to fit my display. I went back into settings and changed it back to 1080p and then went back to the Home screen.
    I started the TV app and it was working.

I will have to wait to see if it happens again, but it makes sense that it's the Auto-detect feature that is causing the problem.

jjMustang, Apr 22, 2014
  7. jjMustang
    jjMustang Guest
    That did not solve the issue.

About an hour after I posted my response last night, I woke up my Xbox. The TV app was playing sound and video. I selected it, and then it went full screen and I lost the display.

I'm going to test a different HDMI cable from the Xbox to the Dish receiver. I'm using the one provided by Dish.

jjMustang, Apr 22, 2014
  8. jjMustang
    jjMustang Guest

Swapped out the HDMI cable and the problem persisted. I'll have to see if I can find my 24 AWG HDMI cables I bought on Monoprice, although I doubt this is the cause.

jjMustang, Apr 25, 2014
  9. DHinez
    DHinez Guest
    I'm definitely having the same on-going problem. It's becoming annoying. Has anyone contacted Xbox support for a solution?

DHinez, Apr 27, 2014
  10. Same issue and equipment here. 1st gen hopper. Just started about 2 weeks ago. Can always hear the audio under " xbox has lost signal" slate. Even one time I saw the video for about 2 sec after start up before it said it lost signal but audio continued working.

Surfnet-C9F25E2D-2095-438F-B88A-182304C95D3A, Apr 27, 2014
  11. jands72
    jands72 Guest
    I am still having this problem where is support for some help here. I have even done a manual software update, did not help! Oh and I replaced every HDMI cable with brand news ones still no luck.

jands72, May 1, 2014
  12. jjMustang
    jjMustang Guest
    Instead of restarting the XBOX, I pushed the reset button on the Hopper. Immediately, I got the Hopper logo as it was restarting. Something about the Hopper is causing the XBOX to think the signal is lost.

jjMustang, May 2, 2014
  13. jjMustang
    jjMustang Guest

This issue has not occurred in quite some time, so either Dish or XBOX figured it out.

The newest issue is an error about HDCP compliancy. Fortunately that can be remedied easily: press the XBOX Home button while watching TV to go the Home screen, press the Menu button (hamburger), and then choose Quit from the menu. Restart the TV app and
    the issue is fixed until next time. It's a lot faster than restarting the XBOX every time.

jjMustang, Nov 1, 2018
  14. jjMustang Win User

Swapped out the HDMI cable and the problem persisted. I'll have to see if I can find my 24 AWG HDMI cables I bought on Monoprice, although I doubt this is the cause.
  15. jands72 Win User

I am still having this problem where is support for some help here. I have even done a manual software update, did not help! Oh and I replaced every HDMI cable with brand news ones still no luck.
  16. jjMustang Win User

That did not solve the issue.

About an hour after I posted my response last night, I woke up my Xbox. The TV app was playing sound and video. I selected it, and then it went full screen and I lost the display.

I'm going to test a different HDMI cable from the Xbox to the Dish receiver. I'm using the one provided by Dish.
  17. jjMustang Win User

This evening, I turned on the Xbox. The TV was working in the main tile. I signed in to my wife's profile (not Xbox Gold), opened Skype and set her up so she'd be signed in when I try to Skype her, and then went back to the Home screen. The sound was working,
    but I had the No Signal Detected message when I started TV.

I signed her out and signed in as me and the problem persisted.

I started poking around in settings and changed the source type from Auto-Detect to HDMI. The screen resized to 640x480 and it did not scale to fit my display. I went back into settings and changed it back to 1080p and then went back to the Home screen.
    I started the TV app and it was working.

I will have to wait to see if it happens again, but it makes sense that it's the Auto-detect feature that is causing the problem.
  18. jjMustang Win User

Yes. I get sound but no video, too. It happened again last night, and when it does and I'm not home, my wife doesn't know what do to.

I had to long-press the XBOX One to force it off and reboot.
Thema:

1. Dish Network & No TV Signal detected after instant-on. Intermittent. - Similar Threads - Dish Network Signal

2. Dish VIP612 HD: TV Display

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Dish VIP612 HD: TV Display: Dish (Set-top Boxes) VIP612 HD: TV Display Hello Lee, Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend to try the troubleshoot blank screen. There could be few different reasons. Make sure it is in...
  3. Dish Network Parental Passcode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dish Network Parental Passcode: I have a VIP 722 and it is setup to go through the Xbox One. Everything works fine except I have the parental Pascoe set up one the 722 for content.everyone I change channels to go to a program...
  4. Xbox One and the Dish Network Joey.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One and the Dish Network Joey.: Since I plan on getting an Xbox One this coming tuesday, i want to use the Joey I'm getting soon with it as well. Does it work? Or have people had issues with it?...
  5. Dish network problem since last update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dish network problem since last update: Ever since the last update my Dish network keeps saying lost signal. This only happens on the one box that is hooked up to the Xbox One and none of the others in my house. If I hit last channel on...
  6. Xbox OneGuide and Dish Network Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox OneGuide and Dish Network Problem: Ok, when I say "watch Comedy Central" it will not go to Comedy Central, It will go to a duplicate channel that is around the 800s. the Comedy Central I want to watch is on 107. This happens with...
  7. how do i connect my x-box 360 to my dish network tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i connect my x-box 360 to my dish network tv: how do I connect my xbox to my dish tv? 531ead69-a2ad-404f-bff1-1180e7e6d4ba
  8. XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1/Onkyo AVR/Dish Network Hopper - input problem: Just had Dish installed today in my new home, as well as speaker wire run through the attic for surround sound. After plugging the Hopper into the XB1 and finding out I couldn't have surround...
  9. Dish Network Freeze

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dish Network Freeze: I have a dish network box connected to pass through HDMI. When I change a channel, the X1 sends numbers to the dish to the channel I selected. If the channel is HD it will make a click loud sound...
  10. dish network

in XBoX on Consoles
    dish network: Lots of people having controlling dish receiver. Rest your remote address to 1 this should do it worked for me. faa56645-6cb2-4659-aad6-6ce36b32c536