Disgusted by Microsoft Treatment

Discus and support Disgusted by Microsoft Treatment in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Let me start by saying, buying the xbox one was the highlight of my year, i pre ordered it in june and was outside game at 11.40pm waiting for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SirMalcovich, Jan 4, 2014.

1. SirMalcovich
    SirMalcovich Guest

Let me start by saying, buying the xbox one was the highlight of my year, i pre ordered it in june and was outside game at 11.40pm waiting for midnight, first few days i was in love with it, played it day and night, then the issues started. I have been
    a loyal xbox player since the first xbox, right threw all the 360s to now, this is whats happened.

I went on one night, and it wouldnt load any games, i tried BF4 FORZA and fifa 14(digital copy) they would go to load screen then boot me back to homepage, i called MS Support, got a irish guy, friendly enough, he told me to press and hold power button for
    10 seconds, it would then clear cache or something like that, that seemed to fix it.

Less than a week later my console started lagging really really badly, i would press to the side, after about 5-10 seconds it would do what i asked it it was always so slow behind me, my pins would dissapear then reappear, and my games wouldnt load again,
    again i called MS. Again was told to hold power button for 10 seconds to clear it, and told to to it every couple of weeks, really??? well it started working again kind of, my voice recognition would work when it wanted, "xbox record that" nah dont think
    so, stopped working, my "xbox on" stopped working completely, and i tried re doing kinekt setting at different volumes.

Now and has been ongoing for weeks, xbox fitness loads to green screen, goes black for 30 secs, then goes to "azure server error, xbox cannot configure for xbox fitness"? Called and called, first option the hold button for 10 secs, didnt work, then it was
    get memory stick, go on xbox support, download update onto memory stick then transfer onto console, didnt work, then, reboot completely, yeeehhaaa that worked, FOR 24 HOURS!!!!!

This has now been going on since 22nd november, they call me last night and i tell em it still broken, so here to options, 1 return it to game, even if they have one (which they dont) i lose my day 1release console, option 2, give xbox my credit card/debit
    card details, they place a hold on £390 send me replacement and unhold me money when i return old console this takes 2-weeks, like i have that money, i paid over £600 for console bundle and its just been xmas, option 3, return console be without it for 3 weeks
    while they try and fix it, my argument is why should i be without it, its hardly worked in the 5 weeks i had it?? I told them i would return it and go to sony (boooo) but that means i lose my £58 on my box account and as for my prepaid live membership they
    will refund it in the way of a pre paid xbox live card!!! stupid as i wont have console anymore. Plus the games i baught i lose the money on and the xbox video films i bought.

Am i the only one who finds this completely unreasonable? Has anyone else had an of these issues? I love my xbox one when it works, i loved my previous xboxes before this and have been loyal and spend fortunes with MS i just find this whole thing disgusting.
    I did everything they asked of me, i am not moaning about it breaking, these things happen, its the answer MS are comin up with to solve it i am disgusted by.

A very unhappy

DJMayhem78

:)

SirMalcovich, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Shipping Nightmare!

Update: Microsoft has shipped my replacement console. I'm still super-impressed with their customer service, and utterly disgusted by FedEx's.

discorobotron, Jan 4, 2014
  3. Disgusted Microsoft!!

Not a padded or UPS bags, just a plain old Jiffy bag with my address on it, It was loose in the bag with no padding what so ever.

I have tried the controller and it does power up but now both the left and right hand sticks have a notchy feel to them just like the last one I sent back which just had a notchy left stick plus the casing was coming loose.

How do I claim back my postage costs Microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuart Horner, Jan 4, 2014
  4. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

If it was me, I would get a new console kit from my retailer. The black packaging and Day One controller really aren't worth the hassles of RMAing the console to Microsoft.

IceStorm III, Jan 4, 2014
  5. SirMalcovich
    SirMalcovich Guest
    I prob would m8 just to sort it but they dont have any

6. Tamizander
    Tamizander Guest
    Absolutely not.

The answer cannot be 'go buy another' when dealing with a brand new console. Microsoft needs to make this right.

Tamizander, Jan 4, 2014
  7. SirMalcovich
    SirMalcovich Guest
    Excactly send new console driver only leaves it when gamer hands him broken one were the problem with that no need for £390

8. Stoyvensen
    Stoyvensen Guest

Ok, so you've established that the console is broken. So, take 1 of the 3 options for a return. Best one normally is to return it to the retailer and get a different one. You've already gotten your Day 1 Achievement and that to me seems to be the only perc
    in having a day one as opposed to the other. I know it sucks to have to return it. But you have to take some action. There is only so many things Microsoft can do.

Stoyvensen, Jan 4, 2014
  9. pkvas
    pkvas Guest
    They will fix it it just takes time and they gave you options on how to do it yes being without it sucks but that's not microsofts problem

pkvas, Jan 4, 2014
  10. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    OP it a new console that been out over a month. It takes 6mos to a year devices like the one to be stable. It not dealth with over nite. It takes time to get bugs out. So don't get mad if a newer console brakes on u. On NOV 22,2014 XB1 would work grate then
    today. It part of being one the first to get it.

Dakrkplayer2, Jan 4, 2014
  11. Thanatos465
    Thanatos465 Guest
    You should have took it back to the retailer for exchange asap, there's also no difference in a "DAY ONE" xbox verus a non-day one other then the product boxing and "DAY ONE" printed on the controller

Thanatos465, Jan 4, 2014
  12. With that being said. Im curious if there have been issues with any of the white dev consoles.

Karch V Amadeo, Jan 4, 2014
  13. Disgusted by Microsoft Treatment

Other than it's BUTT Ugly White .No one has posted.

You do realize that other than being in case in white plastic it's still the same X BOX One everyone that bought one has.

CeasedThought, Jan 4, 2014
  14. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    [quote user="DJMayhem78"]I prob would m8 just to sort it but they dont have any[/quote]Tell your retailer that is unacceptable. They have a return and exchange policy. They have to be able to meet it. If it means waiting a few days for a replacement to come
    into the store that's one thing, but if they flat out say "no", I wouldn't accept that. File a complaint with the BBB or equivalent and just return the console and get a replacement at a better retailer.[quote user="Tamizander"]The answer cannot be 'go buy
    another' when dealing with a brand new console.[/quote]It isn't. The answer is, "exchange it at one's retailer for a replacement." That's the responsibility of the retailer.
    Sure, if you don't mind waiting a
    month and paying shipping...

IceStorm III, Jan 4, 2014
  15. Ugly white? It looks epic. Then again I preferred to find the white 360 controllers to use rather than pick up the newer black (I actually kept it looking white rather than leave it to turn yellow)

Karch V Amadeo, Oct 31, 2018
  16. SirMalcovich Win User

Excactly send new console driver only leaves it when gamer hands him broken one were the problem with that no need for £390
  17. CeasedThought Win User

Other than it's BUTT Ugly White .No one has posted.

You do realize that other than being in case in white plastic it's still the same X BOX One everyone that bought one has.

18. Karch V Amadeo Win User

With that being said. Im curious if there have been issues with any of the white dev consoles.
  19. Thanatos465 Win User

You should have took it back to the retailer for exchange asap, there's also no difference in a "DAY ONE" xbox verus a non-day one other then the product boxing and "DAY ONE" printed on the controller
  20. pkvas Win User

They will fix it it just takes time and they gave you options on how to do it yes being without it sucks but that's not microsofts problem
Thema:

1. Disgusted by Microsoft Treatment - Similar Threads - Disgusted Microsoft Treatment

2. Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will Microsoft bond their grips fot the next generation of elite controller or will they...: I have owned both a elite one and Elite 2 both of which the glued hand grips have come away one actually injuring me so I was wondering if Microsoft was going to drop their scummy attitude of...
  3. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 70fc8331-939e-413d-85c0-bcc8d88bbffe
  4. Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a...: Can accessing an illegal site once on the xboxes built in microsoft bing, lead to a permanent console ban? 0ba05f79-6a5d-4d1f-9ffb-24d2a4d757d2
  5. Microsoft Digital Safety email

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Microsoft Digital Safety email: Violation of our policy Hello [My Full Name], Content associated with your account was reported to Microsoft as violating our terms, policy, or laws. The details are as follows: Service or...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft carrier has lost/damaged my item while in transit how do I contact Microsoft as...: How do I contact Microsoft where there is an issue with an item I have already sent for repair? The call back option hasn't worked all week. 4e588d15-a966-4e7a-b476-fa49a0b424d0
  8. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account: So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly...
  9. Disgusting anti consumer practices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Disgusting anti consumer practices: I can't play games from an external HD? Literally no reason other than greed on behalf of Microsoft. Your consoles have pitifully small HDs and become super slow before being even close to full....
  10. Disgusting Update

in XBoX on Windows
    Disgusting Update: This new update is abysmal and shows that nearly every piece of feedback given over the years has been ignored. I have 4 groups of games and apps I want to see. That is all. If I want to explore...