Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

Discus and support Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I have an XBOX One X "Scorpio" Edition Console. I purchased at launch in Nov 2017, and ended up having the unit replaced under... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LinkRS, Jul 12, 2018.

  1. LinkRS
    LinkRS Guest

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console


    Hello Everyone,

    I have an XBOX One X "Scorpio" Edition Console. I purchased at launch in Nov 2017, and ended up having the unit replaced under warranty due to hard locks and freezes. I suspected that it was due to the console getting too hot and failing. I keep my XBOX
    One X in an open-air entertainment center, with plenty of room around all sides, so it shouldn't be a ventilation issue.

    With my original unit, I noted the discs got warm, even when the console was idle, and not running games but since everything was fine, I didn't worry about it. However, now that I have already had to replace one unit, I thought I should ask if others have
    noticed this phenomenon, or am I in danger of having another failing unit? Has anyone else noticed that discs get warm in their XBOX One Console, and have had no problems? Thanks!

    Rich S.

    :)
     
    LinkRS, Jul 12, 2018
    #1
  2. Goooner
    Goooner Guest
  3. When does the xbox one x get the avatar editor update?

    Maybe is because the console you have is on the insider program and the one x is not...I am insider and I do have the avatar editor on my xbox one x.
     
    HyperVenom523, Jul 12, 2018
    #3
  4. blueamcat
    blueamcat Guest

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

    I think if the discs are simply warm they should be okay. I notice that discs in my OG Halo 5 console and my Xbox One X they do get a bit warm but not hot after use. Just like the console gets warm but cools itself off, I think its just a normal thing.
    (others may have had different experiences though!)
     
    blueamcat, Jul 12, 2018
    #4
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Be aware, that the console only requires the discs as a "proof of purchase", and that the game is actually run off the console's hard drive.

    So the discs don't actually spin in the drive, besides the copy protection check and when you initially install the game.

    Since the discs don't spin, they will get warm as the surrounding hardware gets warmer, which is completely normal.

    The console has several thermal sensors built in, which will shut down the console with a warning screen showing, if the console gets too hot.

    So unless you get such a screen, and the console shuts itself down, you have nothing to worry about.
     
    Arminator, Jul 12, 2018
    #5
  6. groom3
    groom3 Guest
    I don't use game discs for the most part, but I have noticed that 4K blu ray discs come out HOT after playback. Haven't checked to see if this happens to standard blu rays or DVD yet, as I use a dedicated, standalone player for those (wore out a couple
    disc drives on previous XBOX consoles because of that)
     
    groom3, Aug 31, 2018
    #6
  7. IRB
    IRB Guest
    Hi

    Just to be sure about ventilation, the X outputs the heat from the back and takes in from the sides.if the unit is closed back then it will not push the air away efficiently enough and pull it back in the sides.
     
  8. DAZZA 433
    DAZZA 433 Guest

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

    Discs will generally always be warm when you take them out of your console, the same thing occured with 360 and my xbox one s console, It's very normal due to heat build up inside of the console while its running.
     
    DAZZA 433, Aug 31, 2018
    #8
  9. LegoNinja187
    LegoNinja187 Guest
    Just thought I would say that mine get warm too, not hot, but warm, like the outside of the console gets warm as it is used, never had any issues with this either.
     
    LegoNinja187, Aug 31, 2018
    #9
  10. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Its normal. I don’t use discs, but when I did, they were warm.
     
    brandiesel1, Nov 3, 2018
    #10
  11. brandiesel1 Win User

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

    Its normal. I don’t use discs, but when I did, they were warm.
  12. DAZZA 433 Win User

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

    Discs will generally always be warm when you take them out of your console, the same thing occured with 360 and my xbox one s console, It's very normal due to heat build up inside of the console while its running.
  13. IRB Win User

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

    Hi

    Just to be sure about ventilation, the X outputs the heat from the back and takes in from the sides.if the unit is closed back then it will not push the air away efficiently enough and pull it back in the sides.
  14. Arminator Win User

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

    Be aware, that the console only requires the discs as a "proof of purchase", and that the game is actually run off the console's hard drive.

    So the discs don't actually spin in the drive, besides the copy protection check and when you initially install the game.

    Since the discs don't spin, they will get warm as the surrounding hardware gets warmer, which is completely normal.

    The console has several thermal sensors built in, which will shut down the console with a warning screen showing, if the console gets too hot.

    So unless you get such a screen, and the console shuts itself down, you have nothing to worry about.
  15. blueamcat Win User

    Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

    I think if the discs are simply warm they should be okay. I notice that discs in my OG Halo 5 console and my Xbox One X they do get a bit warm but not hot after use. Just like the console gets warm but cools itself off, I think its just a normal thing.
    (others may have had different experiences though!)
Thema:

Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console

Loading...
  1. Discs are Warm inside XBOX One X Console - Similar Threads - Discs are Warm

  2. Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access)

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital is now live for everyone! (Omega tier user with no previous access): Make sure you restart your Xbox don't just turn it on and off. submitted by /u/AstroZombie1 [link] [comments]
  3. No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring

    in XboX Insiders
    No option to claim digital license for Witcher 3 Disc Delta Insider Ring: When I insert the disc and try to open the menu, I'm not seeing any option to claim the digital license at all. If I look at the file info, I get a lot of information about the content/product id...
  4. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  5. Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Discussion Megathread - Week of September 21st, 2026: Hello XBOX Insiders! After the Announcement about the new Disc to Digital feature, it has begun rolling out to XBOX Insiders enrolled in the XBOX Update Preview. Please use this thread for all...
  6. I applied for insiders for disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    I applied for insiders for disc to digital: I applied four days ago and still haven't got the update. How much longer will I have to wait? Any advice is highly appreciated :) submitted by /u/Icy-Shoulder3870 [link] [comments]
  7. New to insiders hub - disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    New to insiders hub - disc to digital: Hallo, hopelijk niet erg als ik in Nederlands schrijf? Ik ben nieuw in het insider hub programma, net geïnstalleerd. Ik wou heel graag de disc to digital proberen maar zie dit niet staan bij...
  8. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  9. Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Disc to digital | Eusebio05: Hello, I am a member of the Xbox Insider hub. I have Heard that Xbox Insider can do disc to digital, and I just want to Apply that I can do Disc to digital too it would be very nice. I have such a...
  10. My console doesn't have disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    My console doesn't have disc to digital: I joined the xbox one insider program and joined disc to digital. No Update is available for the Console and there is no disc to digital button. Also nothing claims when I play a disc game....