Discord Voice Freezes and Disconnects When Members Are Moved Between Channels

Discus and support Discord Voice Freezes and Disconnects When Members Are Moved Between Channels in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So after speaking with Discord support for two weeks, they insist this is something that Xbox needs to fix. Essentially, anytime a server administrator... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Nightfall#6980, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Discord Voice Freezes and Disconnects When Members Are Moved Between Channels

So after speaking with Discord support for two weeks, they insist this is something that Xbox needs to fix. Essentially, anytime a server administrator or a bot moves members using Discord via Xbox from one voice channel to another, it causes their voice chat to freeze on Xbox for a minute or two (meaning they cannot rejoin the channel until their console catches up and reflects the disconnect) but shows them as instantly disconnected for everyone else in the channel.

Normally, on Discord for Mac/PC as well as mobile, moving between channels is instantaneous even when forced by the aforementioned bots and admins. You can immediately start chatting in the channel to which you are moved and that's that. However, for Xbox users, you have to endure the frozen chat and then having to go back and search for the new channel everyone has moved to/been moved to.

Why is this such a big deal? There are hundreds of thousands of servers that use dynamic voice channels to minimize clutter. You join a voice channel, such as Raids, and the bot automatically creates a Raids #1 channel and moves you from Raids into Raids #1. The next person to join Raids gets put into Raids #2 and so on. This prevents servers from having to permanently keep Raids #1~5 in their channel lists when not being used. Unfortunately, if a user on Discord via Xbox joins Raids from the example, they will have their chat freeze and be instantly disconnected from Raids #1 when they are moved by the bot. That means Xbox users would need to rely on people on mobile or PC to create the voice channels first before joining directly to Raids #1.

That being said, yes, Xbox users CAN use the Discord mobile app to join the initial voice channel and wait until the bot moves them to Raids #1 before transferring the voice chat to their Xbox, but the whole point of getting access to Discord directly from our consoles was to not have to use an app on our phones. If this issue could be fixed so that the Discord client on Xbox recognizes movements between channels that are not initiated by users themselves, then the integration of Discord with Xbox will truly be complete (at least until we also get the video features of PC/mobile clients too).

Again, Discord says there is nothing they can do on their end, so hoping to somehow bring this to the attention of those working on the Xbox client.

:)

Nightfall#6980, Mar 1, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

People can't hear me when I use discord on my Xbox Series S

Hi there! I will do my best to help.

When did this issue start to occur?
    Is this the first time you're trying to use Discord voice on Xbox console?
    Did you make sure that you transferred the voice correctly? Please note that switching between Discord voice channels on console is not supported. You'll need to retransfer audio from Discord again to switch to a new voice channel.

Kindly check the link below for more information and steps regarding Discord. There's a complete guide there on how to transfer your voice chat to your console.

https://support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-ac...

Best regards,
  3. Kimmy_24 Win User

The discord icon doesn't show up

If you've already performed all the steps provided here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc..., I would suggest you contact Discord team for further steps here: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/n...

Things to keep in mind:

- Features typically found in Xbox party chat are not supported in Discord voice channels, such as Invite everyone to game, Join game, Switch to game chat, Party overlay, View profile card, and more.

- You can’t mix Discord friends with Xbox friends. A Discord voice channel will contain Discord friends, while Xbox party chat will contain Xbox friends.

- Switching between Discord voice channels on console is not supported. You’ll need to retransfer audio from Discord again to switch to a new voice channel.

- Discord voice channel audio can’t be broadcast through Xbox live streaming.

- Discord is not available in all countries/regions.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. DeniqL Win User

is there a way to record discord audio via xbox series x?

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

There is no setting to record Discord voice chat. As Discord voice channel audio can’t be broadcasted through Xbox live streaming either
  5. CarTzy Win User

Why does Gamechat doesn't work always?

Hello Floris Posthuma,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If you’re having issues with the voice connection in your Discord voice channel, go to the following Discord support page:

Voice Connection Errors

If you’re having general audio issues while in a Discord voice channel (such as unable to hear sounds, low volume, or poor sound quality), go to the following Discord support page:

Discord Voice and Video Troubleshooting Guide

Note If you experience issues being heard or hearing others, go back to the Discord voice channel you joined in Parties & chats, select Options, and then set Noise suppression to On.

Reference: How to use Discord with Xbox | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Jaw10 Win User

Whenever I change my microphone or do something that involves speaking, like joining a call/party, my internet disconnects.

I am wireless and I cant sadly connect to ethernet as well, the routers downstairs and I'm upstairs,
    I cant join Xbox parties or discord calls/voice chats without disconnecting after, around 3-4 minutes.

And no it does not disconnect me when I am either streaming on twitch, or recording my voice.
Thema:

Discord Voice Freezes and Disconnects When Members Are Moved Between Channels

1. Discord Voice Freezes and Disconnects When Members Are Moved Between Channels - Similar Threads - Discord Voice Freezes

2. Discord voice chat cutting mic out?

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat cutting mic out?: Anyone else having the issue or know the fix for series x/s discord voice auto muting mid sentences? Swapping to the mobile app no issues but on all 5 series X and s consoles I have, discord voice...
  3. Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad

in XboX Insiders
    Discord voice chat on xbox makes my mic quality extremely bad: I've tried playing with my friends on other devices and we use discord to call, recently ive been trying to vc on discord with them but they keep telling me the mic quality is much worse. I don't...
  4. Connecting Discord for Voice Chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting Discord for Voice Chat: I don’t know if I’ve put it under the right category and I don’t know if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble connecting my discord account to my xbox so that I can stream games...
  5. Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Discord is being dumb and is unable to connect to a voice channel.: So I’m tying to talk with my friend and stuff and randomly when I try to join my Xbox is unable to connect to the discord voice channel. I tried restarting my WiFi and unplugging my Xbox and all...
  6. discord voice chat and in-game mic issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    discord voice chat and in-game mic issue: when I'm using discord talking with friends my mic is not muted but when I play overwatch 2 and still in the voice channels that mic in game won't work and I have overwatch mic set to open I can't...
  7. I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't connect to my Discord Voice Chats cause it keeps saying i need t[o "Re-Link": Exactly what the Title says. It's not letting me Access any Discord Server on Xbox so i can chat to my Friends and whenever i try to transfer Voice via Discord's App, it denies it. I have...
  8. PC and Xbox Discord voice chat issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC and Xbox Discord voice chat issues: My friend is on pc and I am on xbox, when we join a voice channel together in a server, I can hear her but she cant hear me. Any fixes on this issue? 810c2dc1-b863-480f-ab06-f05fde2200cd
  9. No option for Streaming on Discord Voice Chat

in XboX Insiders
    No option for Streaming on Discord Voice Chat: I joined the Xbox Insider Hub pretty recently, and can't stream games to Discord Channel at all. I am a Discord Nitro subscriber as well, and the option won't come up. I cannot seem to find a fix...
  10. Splitscreen Discord Voice Chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Splitscreen Discord Voice Chat?: I've been trying to play Minecraft with my friend on PS5, sadly there is no native voice chat function in game, so we are using Discord. My girlfriend and I usually play splitscreen, but for some...